HP wins the Ecohitech 2001 Product Award sponsored by the Ecoqual'It Consortium. The award was given to HP to recognize their commitment to the environment.
HP accepted the award for its laser and ink jet printer product family. These products carry a number of environment certifications such as Blue Angel, Nordic Swan, and ENERGY STAR®. The products are designed to reduce their environmental impact which includes reduction in hazardous materials, reduction of ozone and volatile organic compounds (VOC's) emissions well below standards for indoor air quality, reduced energy consumption, 2-sided printing, and reduced toner usage. At end-of-life, printer supplies and the printer maybe recycled using HP's recycling programs.
Awards were made on overall assessment of the following criteria:
- Reduced product/distribution process impact
- Reduction/elimination of hazardous substances
- Use of recycled materials
- Longer average product life
- Efficiency of end-of-life and used product collection/recovery systems
- National coverage of recovery/collection services
- Quality, safety, product and environmental certifications