Never run out and save up to 50% on ink or toner
Get ink or toner, plus hassle-free delivery and recycling all starting at $0.99 a month.
There's a plan for everyone.
To enroll in HP Instant Ink you need to have an eligible printer, which tells us when you're low on ink or toner and orders it for you.
Pick a plan designed to fit your printing needs. You can change or cancel your plan online at any time and there's no annual fee.
Print high-quality photos or text — your cost is the same. Unused pages roll over and you can add additional pages for just a little more.
What do I get?
- Ink or toner, shipping, and prepaid recycling are included
- Receive ink or toner before you need them (not monthly), so you'll never run out
- Monitor print usage on the HP Smart app
Print a little or a lot—there's an option for everyone. Your subscription includes ink or toner, hassle-free delivery, and prepaid cartridge recycling.
Get started with HP Instant Ink
I need an Instant Ink ready printer and a prepaid enrollment card.
HP Instant Ink can save you time and money - get started by finding the right printer and plan to fit your needs.SHOP NOW
Benefits of HP Instant Ink
Your HP Printer automatically orders ink or toner and cartridges are delivered to your door before you run low.
Never run out
Convenient ink or toner replacements and smart delivery included.
Save up to 50% on ink or toner
Secure preferred ink or toner savings with HP Instant Ink starting at $0.99 a month.
Peace of mind with plan flexibility to change or cancel anytime at no cost.
Help us put plastic back into printers with prepaid recycling service included.
How does HP Instant Ink work?
When you enroll in an HP Instant Ink plan, you pay a monthly fee to print a defined number of pages per month. The plans are based on the number of pages that you print, not on how many ink cartridges you use. Your monthly fee pays for ink, shipping, and recycling. If you do not print all of your plan pages in a month, you can roll over up to the number of pages per month in your plan. If you need additional pages, they are automatically provided in blocks for only $1. A printed page counts the same whether it's black and white, a color document or a photo.
There are five plans:
|Monthly fee||Pages per month||Rollover pages per month||Additional pages per month|
|$0.99||15||45||Each additional set of 10 pages for just $1|
|$2.99||50||Up to 150||Each additional set of 10 pages for just $1|
|$4.99||100||Up to 300||Each additional set of 10 pages for just $1|
|$11.99||300||Up to 900||Each additional set of 10 pages for just $1|
|$24.99||700||Up to 2100||Each additional set of 15 pages for just $1|
Applicable taxes, fees and surcharges by federal, state and local governments also apply.
There is no annual fee and you can cancel or change plans anytime without penalty. As part of the service, HP will send you HP Instant Ink replacement cartridges and postage-paid recycling envelopes, before you run out of ink, at no additional cost.† Your billing month starts when you insert an HP Instant Ink cartridge in your enrolled printer.
HP checks the ink usage of your enrolled printer, so we will know when to send you more ink. You will always have ink when you need it.† HP Instant Ink cartridges can only be used in printers you have enrolled. Used HP Instant Ink cartridges must be returned in the postage-paid recycling envelopes provided by HP. Returned cartridges will be recycled by HP Planet Partners.
What are the requirements to sign up?
To sign up for HP Instant Ink you need:
• An eligible HP printer
• Your printer must be connected to the Internet
• A valid email address
• A valid credit card or debit card (for billing purposes)
To find out if your printer is eligible, click here.
Is my printer eligible for HP Instant Ink?
To find out if your printer is eligible, click here.
Why should I enroll now when I still have ink?
We'll send your HP Instant Ink cartridges now, so you will have them when you need replacement cartridges. Billing won't start until 30 days after you insert one of your HP Instant Ink cartridges into your enrolled printer.
Can I change or cancel my plan anytime?
Yes. There is no obligation or commitment beyond your first month. You may change plans or cancel your service at any time without penalty on your account page at HP Connected. After you sign in at HP Connected, click on Services, and then Instant Ink to change or cancel your account. Cancellations and plan downgrades are effective after the last day of the current billing cycle. You can choose to make plan upgrade changes effective during the current or next billing cycle. For full details, see HP Instant Ink Terms of Service.
What if I don't know how much I print?
You can start with any plan and change your plan at any time at HP Connected. After you sign in at HP Connected, click on Services, and then Instant Ink to change your plan or view your account information. On this page you can find out how many pages you have printed, how many rollover pages are available, and how many additional pages you have purchased. Cancellations and plan downgrades are effective after the last day of the current billing cycle. Plan upgrades are effective during the current or next billing cycle. See terms for full details.
What if my printing needs change from month to month?
Your unused pages are rolled over for you, up to your monthly plan amount. You can print more than your monthly page amount and still save. Additional sets of pages are automatically available and let you print beyond your limit for pennies per page. You can easily change your monthly plan whenever you want. Plan downgrade changes are effective after the last day of your current billing cycle. You can choose to make plan upgrade changes effective during the current or next billing cycle.
Will I get cartridges every month?
No, you will only get cartridges when your printer tells us you need them. HP Instant Ink cartridges are extra high capacity, and they contain months-worth of ink depending on your usage. You can print as much as you want as long as you are enrolled in HP Instant Ink.
Is the cost same for photos, color, black & white pages?
Yes, you can print full color photos, color documents, or high-quality black and white pages. Each page costs the same. Your monthly fee is based on the number of pages you print, not on the amount of ink you use. You never have to worry again about printing in black and white to avoid using your color ink cartridges.
When does billing start and how does it work?
For customers enrolling with a free trial promotion or during printer setup:
The service starts the day you enroll. This enables you to keep track of your page counts after you enroll, so you can make sure you are on the right page plan before your free trial ends. The first billing cycle will end about 30 days after you enroll.
For customers enrolling after printer setup:
Sign up anytime by selecting Get Started on hpinstantink.com. After enrollment, you will be shipped new cartridges. Your service will begin when you insert one of the subscription cartridges.
You will be charged each month at the end of the billing cycle. Since your monthly plan fee is the same every month, we will not send you a bill prior to charging your monthly fee, unless you print additional pages.
If you print additional pages during your billing cycle, we will send you an email at the end of your billing cycle listing your monthly fee and the charges for any additional sets of pages you printed. Remember to keep your printer connected to the Internet so you can get notifications about your account.
When is my credit card charged for my HP Instant Ink service?
Your credit card is charged approximately 30 days after the day you insert your first HP Instant Ink cartridge in your enrolled printer. You are billed at the end of your billing cycle for the previous 30 days of service. You will be billed for your monthly plan fee, plus any additional pages you printed during your billing cycle.
Since your monthly plan fee is the same every month, we will not send you a bill prior to charging your monthly fee, unless you print additional pages. When you print additional pages during your billing cycle, we will send you an email at the end of your billing cycle, listing your monthly fee and the charges for any additional sets of pages you printed. Remember to keep your printer connected to the Internet, so you can get notifications about your HP Instant Ink account.
You can also find your complete billing history at HP Connected. After you sign in at HP Connected, click on Services, and then Instant Ink. To view your billing history, expand the Activity section, and then click on Billing.
When should I insert the HP Instant Ink cartridges?
Insert your HP Instant Ink cartridges when the cartridges that came with the printer run out of ink.
When will HP send replacement cartridges?
HP will send you replacement cartridges before you run out of ink. When your enrolled printer is connected to the Internet, your printer automatically orders ink for you because it knows when you are low on ink. Your printer orders ink when your cartridges have enough ink to print twice the number of average pages included in your monthly plan. Cartridges are sent using standard shipping, so they might take up to 10 days to arrive, however, your printer will take shipping time and regular ink usage into account when it orders your ink. Customers with high volume print needs may call Support to request expedited shipping, if they feel their cartridges will not arrive before running out of ink. (Additional shipping charges may apply.)
How do rollover pages and additional pages work?
If you do not use all your plan pages in a month, the unused pages will be kept in your account as rollover pages. Your rollover pages are available as long as you are enrolled in HP Instant Ink. You can continue to roll over up to twice the number of pages in your monthly plan (for example, you can roll over up to 300 pages if you are enrolled in a 100 page plan). If you have printed all of the pages in your plan, and you have used all of your rollover pages, you can still print additional pages and save.
Additional pages are available in sets of 10 and 15 pages, depending on your plan, for only a $1. As long as your printer is connected to the Internet, we will send you an email to remind you when you are near printing all of the pages in your plan. If you are regularly printing additional pages, you may want to change your plan at HP Connected. After you sign in at HP Connected, click on Services, and then Instant Ink to change your plan. Plan downgrade changes are effective after the last day of your current billing cycle. You can choose to make plan upgrade changes effective during the current or next billing cycle.
How will I know how much I print every month?
You can find out how many pages you have printed, how many rollover pages are available, and how many additional pages you have purchased at HP Connected. After you sign in at HP Connected, click on Services, and then Instant Ink to view and change your account information.
- Never run out: Based on plan usage, Internet connection to eligible HP printer, valid credit/debit card, email address, and delivery service in your geographic area.
- Save up to 50% on ink: Based on monthly subscription cost of HP Instant Ink 700-page plans without purchase of additional sets of pages compared to cost per page to print ISO/IEC 24711 pages on most in-class, traditional A4 color inkjet cartridge printers & MFPs using original standard capacity cartridges priced for: Australia <299 AUD; New Zealand <349 NZD; Canada <=399 CAD & United States <399 USD. Sale prices not considered for this study. HP Ink Advantage printers excluded due to non-standard hardware & supplies model. Buyers Lab July 2020 study commissioned by HP, based on publicly available information as of June 1, 2020. Printers selected by market share in IDC Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker - Final Historical 2020Q1. For details: www.keypointintelligence.com/HPInstantInk
- Save up to 50% on toner: Based on monthly subscription cost for U.S. and Canada for toner HP Instant Ink 1,500 page plan vs. transactional cost per page of in-class monochrome A4 laser printers and MFPs < $450 USD that use original, standard-capacity integrated cartridges (toner and drum in one cartridge). Buyers Lab April 2020 study commissioned by HP, based on research of publicly available information as of 04/24/2020. Printers selected by market share as reported by IDC Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker - Final Historical 2019Q4 for U.S. and Canada. For details and latest report, see: www.keypointintelligence.com/HPTonerService.
- Change or cancel anytime: Change or cancel your plan at any time online. If you decide to cancel your HP Instant Ink plan you can go back to using HP original Standard or XL cartridges. Plan upgrades are effective immediately and the charges will be applied retrospectively or in the next billing cycle, depending on user choice. Plan downgrades and cancellations are effective after the last day of the current billing period. For full details go to instantink.hpconnected.com/terms.
- Recycling: Program availability varies. Original HP cartridge return and recycling is currently available in more than 60 countries, territories and regions in Asia, Africa, Europe, and North and South America through the HP Planet Partners program. Program availability varies. For details, see hp.com/recycle.
- Automatic delivery: Printers require direct connection to the Internet for program participation. Internet access sold separately.
- Rollover plan pages: Rollover allows unused pages in a month to be placed in a rollover account and then applied to pages in excess of your monthly allowance. The rollover account balance is limited to a maximum of two times your monthly service plan pages on Toner plans and three times your monthly service plan pages on Ink plans (Toner example: you can roll over up to 100 pages if you are on the 50-page plan. Ink example: you can roll over up to 150 pages if you are enrolled in a 50-page plan.)
*Estimated U.S. retail price. Actual prices may vary.
© HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.