Is your data at risk?
HP can help conduct an assessment of your printing security.
Printing and imaging systems-and data-can be compromised in a variety of ways.
- Hard copy theft–Nearly 30% of all printed documents are left at the printer for anyone to take.
- Hardware theft–Documents sent to HP printers and MFPs can be stored for later printing. A stolen hard disk can expose these documents.
- Unauthorized changes to settings–If a device’s settings and controls are unprotected, anyone can reroute print jobs and even access vital passwords and network information.
- Unauthorized MFP use–MFPs can send, fax and even e-mail. Anyone with access to your MFP can also send confidential information to any fax number or e-mail address in the world.
- Network sniffing–A “network sniffer” can read data traveling between a PC and a printer, exposing the print job, routing addresses and more.
What happens when security lapses aren’t fixed? Every year, millions of dollars are lost due to:
- Private and corporate lawsuits
- Government fines
- Industry violations
- Employee and customer identity theft
- Stolen competitive information
Conduct a security self-assessment
These tools will help you identify lapses in printing security and if you need a professional assessment.
HP Security Action Plan for Imaging and Printing—This tool walks you through a self-assessment, helps you understand what security should be in place and explains how to implement security best practices and solutions.
HP Imaging & Printing Security Center—This solution can quickly assess your fleet against the HP Best Practices checklist or your defined corporate policy & identify your risk level.
Security assessments by the experts
From security to cost savings, HP Managed Print Services will evaluate your current printing systems and equipment, review your security plan and analyze potential security breaches across your organization.
After our assessment, HP can implement the security policy created through the assessment and continually monitor them with industry leading solutions to ensure security remains at the levels organizations require.