HP recommends Windows.
HP EliteBook 8770w Mobile Workstation
HP EliteBook 8770w Mobile Workstation
Power to Perform.
HP's most powerful mobile workstation offers the highest-performing professional graphics, extreme processing power, a 17.3" diagonal
display and a chiseled design that radiates performance.
STARTING AT: $1649*shop now
HP teams with leading software partners to give your business the professional edge it needs on the go — in engineering, architecture, healthcare and other specialized business segments.
The Right Card for the Job
Whether you’re looking for high performance for general office application use or blazing-fast speeds for graphics intensive applications, HP Mobile Workstations offer a variety of cards to get the job done. NVIDIA and AMD professional graphics deliver outstanding 3D performance with optimized thermal and power design, offering the same stability, reliability and support as our other HP workstations.
NVIDIA ® Quadro ®
Offering true workstation-class application performance and robust OpenGL support, NVIDIA graphics are fully certified and optimized with industry-leading applications such as AutoDesk, Solidworks and Adobe® for enhanced performance and reliability. Take advantage of large GPU memory with fast bandwidth (up to 256-bit) for display of complex models and scenes, as well as computation of large datasets.
AMD FirePro™ professional graphics are compliant with the latest industry standards enabling you to take full advantage of their rich features. AMD professional graphics are especially tuned to enable outstanding performance for many major CAD and digital media applications. AMD Eyefinity Technology increases productivity and simplifies visualization solutions by expanding your visual real estate.
- Operating Systems
- Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
- Windows 8
- Genuine Windows 7 Professional 321
- Genuine Windows 7 Professional 641,3
- Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 641,3 (select countries)
- Genuine Windows XP Professionl 321
- Genuine Windows XP Professional 641,3
- Genuine Windows 7 Enterprise 321
- Genuine Windows 7 Enterprise 641,3
- Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate 321
- Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate 641,3
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- Processor & Chipset
- 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7 Quad-Core2 with Turbo Boost Technology4
- 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7 and i5 Dual-Core2 with Turbo Boost Technology4
- Mobile Intel® QM77 Express Chipset (vPro support5)
- DDR3 SDRAM, 1600 MHz, dual-core processors support 2 memory slots and quad-core processors support 4 memory slots, 2/4/8 GB6 SODIMMs, up to 32 GB total 27
- Internal Storage7
- Primary Storage: 320/500/750 GB 7200 rpm SMART SATA II HDD, 500 GB 7200 rpm SED (Self Encrypting Drive), or SATA 6 Gb/s, 128/180 GB SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s, 256 GB SED SSD
- 2nd Primary Storage: 320/500/750 GB 7200 rpm SMART SATA II HDD, 500 GB 7200 rpm SED (Self Encrypting Drive), or SATA 6 Gb/s, 128/180 GB SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s, 256 GB SED SSD, RAID 0, 1, 5 support28; HP 3D DriveGuard8
- Flash Cache30
- Optional Intel® 24 GB SLC mSATA cache module9 support Intel Smart Response Technology (available with non-SED HDD only)
- Upgrade Bay
- 12.7 mm SATA optical drive or hard drive: Blu-ray R/RE DVD+/-RW SuperMulti DL Drive9,24, Blu-ray ROM DVD+/-RW SuperMulti DL Drive9,24, DVD+/–RW SuperMulti DL Drive9,24, DVD-ROM Drive9, 500 GB 7200 rpm HDD7,9, or Weight saver
- 17.3" diagonal LED-backlit WVA anti-glare, HD+11 (1600 x 900)
- 17.3" diagonal LED-backlit WVA anti-glare, FHD11 (1920 x 1080)
- 17.3" diagonal LED-backlit UWVA, anti-glare, FHD11 DreamColor (1920 x 1080)17
- AMD FirePro™ M4000, with 1 GB dedicated GDDR5 video memory (AMD Eyefinity Technology for advanced multi-monitor support)10
- NVIDIA Quadro K3000M, with 2 GB dedicated GDDR5 video memory
- NVIDIA Quadro K4000M, with 4 GB dedicated GDDR5 video memory
- NVIDIA Quadro K5000M, with 4 GB dedicated GDDR5 video memory
- NVIDIA Quadro mobile professional graphics support multiple monitors10
- High Definition Audio (SRS Premier Sound PRO), integrated stereo speakers, stereo headphone/line out, stereo microphone in, optional 720p HD11 Webcam9, integrated dual-microphone array
- Wireless Support9, 12, 13
- Optional HP hs2350 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband12
- Optional HP un2430 EV-DO/HSPA Mobile Broadband12
- Broadcom 802.11a/b/g/n 2x213
- Intel® Centrino Advanced-N 6205 802.11 a/b/g/n 2x213
- Intel® Centrino Ultimate-N 6300, 802.11a/b/g/n 3x313
- HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth® v4.0 Wireless Technology
- HP Connection Manager
- Integrated Intel® 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection (vPro5), 56K v.92 modem (optional)
- Ports and Connectors
- 2 USB 3.0 ports, 2 USB 2.0 ports (1 charging), 1 eSATA/USB 2.0 combo port, 1 VGA, 1 Display Port 1.2, 1 stereo microphone in, 1 stereo headphone/line out, 1 1394a, 1 power connector, 1 RJ-11(optional modem), 1 RJ-45(Ethernet), 1 docking connector, 1 secondary battery connector, security lock slot
- Expansion Slots
- 1 ExpressCard/54 slot, SD/MMC Media card slot – Supports SD, SDHC, SDXC, MMC, MMC+; Integrated Smart Card Reader
- Input Device
- Full-sized spill-resistant keyboard with numeric keypad, drains, backlit keyboard (optional, with two brightness settings), Image Sensor touchpad with scroll and gestures support; point stick, 4 discrete launch buttons (WLAN on/off, mute, Web browser, calculator)
- Software (Windows OS only)
- HP Power Assistant15, HP Recovery Manager, HP Support Assistant, Microsoft® Office 2010 Starter Preloaded (Select Models) Purchase Key16, Corel WinDVD (select models), Roxio Secure Burn20 (select models), Roxio MyDVD Business 2010 (select models), HP Performance Advisor, Adobe® Flash Player, PDF Complete Corporate Edition, Skype, WinZip Basic
- Custom Integration Services provides tailor-made, turnkey solutions for Business Ready PCs
- HP ProtectTools8, TPM Embedded Security Chip 1.2, HP Fingerprint Sensor, Pre-Boot Security, HP SpareKey (requires initial user setup), HP Disk Sanitizer19, Drive Encryption for HP ProtectTools, Credential Manager for HP ProtectTools, Face Recognition for HP ProtectTools26, File Sanitizer for HP ProtectTools19, Smart Card Reader, Security lock slot
- Computrace14, Central Management for HP ProtectTools32
Height1.47 inches (3.7 cm) (at front)Width16.4 inches (41.7 cm) (at front)Depth10.7 inches (27.3 cm)
- Starting at 7.66 lb (3.47 kg) with SSD and weight saver (weight will vary by configuration)
- 8-cell (83 WHr) Lithium-Ion battery, 8-cell (75 WHr) HP Long Life Battery (3-year),21 optional HP ST09 Extended Life Notebook Battery (73 WHr), Optional HP BB09 Ultra Extended Life Notebook Battery (100 WHr), 200W HP Slim Smart AC Adapter, 230W HP Slim Smart AC Adapter, HP Fast Charge23
- Expansion Solutions9
- HP 230W Docking Station, HP 230W Advanced Docking Station, HP USB 2.0 Docking Station, HP Essential USB 2.0 Port Replicator, HP Dual Hinge Notebook Stand, HP Display & Notebook Stand, HP Adjustable Display Stand, HP Adjustable Dual Display Stand
- Limited 3-year and 1-year warranty options available, depending on country, 1-year limited warranty on primary battery. Optional HP Care Pack Services9,25 are extended service contracts which go beyond your standard warranties.
For more details visit: http://www.hp.com/go/lookuptool.
* Prices, specifications, availability and terms of offers may change without notice.
© Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Intel, the Intel logo, Intel Core, Core Inside, and Ultrabook are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries.
- This system may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware to take full advantage of Windows 7 functionality. Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 7. See http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/ for details.
- Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing on Intel® architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers, and applications enabled for Intel® 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel® 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. Intel's numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
- 64-bit computing on Intel architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers and applications enabled for Intel® 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. See www.intel.com/info/em64t for more information. Quad Core is designed to improve performance of multithreaded software products and hardware-aware multitasking operating systems and may require appropriate operating system software for full benefit. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
- Intel® Turbo Boost 2.0 technology requires a PC with a processor with Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 capability. Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 performance varies depending on hardware, software and overall system configuration. See http://www.intel.com/technology/turboboost for more information.
- Some functionality of Intel vPro, such as Intel Active management technology and Intel Virtualization technology, requires additional 3rd party software in order to run. Availability of future "virtual appliances" applications for vPro technologies is dependent on 3rd party software providers. Compatibility with future "virtual appliances", Microsoft Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating systems is yet to be determined.
- Maximum memory capacities assume Windows 64-bit operating systems or Linux. With Windows 32-bit operating systems, memory above 3 GB may not all be available due to system resource requirements.
- For hard drives, GB = 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 10 GB (for Vista) or 15 GB (for Windows 7) of system disk is reserved for the system recovery software.
- Microsoft Windows required.
- Sold separately or as an optional feature.
- AMD Eyefinity Technology supports up to 5 total displays and requires separately purchased HP Advance Docking Station. NVIDIA Quadro mobile professional graphics support up to 4 total displays and requires separately purchased HP Advance Docking Station.
- HD content required to view HD images.
- Wireless use requires separately purchased service contract. Check with your local vendor for coverage area and availability in your area. Connection and speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions, and other factors. 4G compatibility with HSPA+ and LTE. 4G LTE is only available in the United States. LTE is expected to be available in June 2012.
- Wireless access point and Internet service required. Availability of public wireless access points limited.
- The Computrace agent is shipped turned off, and must be activated by customers when they purchase a subscription. Subscriptions can be purchased for terms ranging multiple years. Service is limited, check with Absolute for availability outside the U.S.
- Power calculations and cost calculations are estimates. Results will vary based on variables, which include information provided by the user, time PC is in different power states (on, standby, hibernate, off), time PC is on battery or AC, hardware configuration, variable electricity rates and utilities provider. HP advises customers to use information reported by HP Power Assistant for reference only and to validate impact in their environment. Environmental calculations were based on U.S. EPA eGrid 2007 data found at http://www.epa.gov/egrid/. Regional results will vary. Microsoft Windows required.
- Includes reduced functionality versions of Word and Excel. Purchase of Product Key required to activate full Office 2010 suite available at participating resellers/retailers and www.office.com.
- HP Elitebook 8770w with DreamColor panel cannot be configured with WWAN.
- Internet access required.
- For the use cases outlined in the DOD 5220.22-M Supplement.
- Do not copy copyright-protected materials.
- Battery life will vary depending on the product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See MobileMark07 battery benchmark http://www.bapco.com/products/mobilemark2007 for additional details.
- MIL-STD-810G testing was not intended to demonstrate fitness for U.S. Department of Defense contracts or for military use.
- Fast Charge Technology recharges your battery up to 90% within 90 minutes when the system is off. Fast Charge Technology does not apply to the HP Ultra-Capacity or 9-cell batteries. When the PC is powered on, charge time may increase and will vary based on the workload of the notebook PC.
- Blu-ray is a new format containing new technologies, certain disc, digital connection, compatibility and/or performance issues may arise, and do not constitute defects in the product. Flawless playback on all systems is not guaranteed. In order for some Blu-ray titles to play, they may require an HDMI digital connection and your display may require HDCP support. HD DVD disks cannot be played on this drive. Note that DVD-ROM cannot read or write to 2.6GB Single Sided/5.2 GB Double Sided – Version 1.0 media. Actual speeds may vary. Don’t copy copyright-protected materials. Double Layer discs can store more data than single layer discs; discs burned with this drive may not be compatible with many existing single-layer DVD drives and players.
- Service levels and response times for HP Care Packs may vary depending on your geographic location. Service starts on date of hardware purchase. Restrictions and limitations apply. For details, visit http://www.hp.com/go/lookuptool.
- Microsoft Windows and webcam required.
- Four SODIMMS for a total of 32 GB of memory is available on quad-core systems only.
- Raid 5 requires 3 hard disk drives in primary storage, second primary storage and upgrade bay.
- HP offers discrete graphics configurations supporting up to five total displays through the advanced docking station. The advanced docking station is sold separately. AMD graphics supports five total displays, including the native notebook display. NVIDIA graphics supports up to four total displays, including the native notebook display.
- Intel Smart Response Technology requires the optional flash cache module and is only available with non-SED HDD configurations.
- Video conferencing is available on configurations with the optional 720p HD webcam.
- In order to deploy policies the client needs to be connected to the network. Requires connectivity to the DigitalPersona server to receive updated policies. System access may not prevent users from logging into the system on the first attempt if policy updates haven’t yet been received and applied. This functionality blocks network access from the user’s PC.
- Windows 7 will support older DirectX 9 adapters using a WDDM v1.0 (Vista) driver. DirectX 10 requires a WDDM v1.1 (Windows 7) compliant driver