HP recommends Windows.
HP Elitebook 8470w Mobile Workstation
HP Elitebook 8470w Mobile Workstation
HP's most travel-friendly mobile workstation features ISV-certified, workstation-caliber graphics and powerful processing along with a business rugged design that's optimized around a 14" diagonal HD1 display.
STARTING AT: $1279*shop now
HP teams with leading software partners to give your business the professional edge it needs on the go — in engineering, architecture, healthcare and other specialized business segments.
The Right Card for the Job
Whether you’re looking for high performance for general office application use or blazing-fast speeds for graphics intensive applications, HP Mobile Workstations offer the right cards to get the job done. AMD professional graphics deliver outstanding 3D performance with optimized thermal and power design, offering the same stability, reliability and support as our other HP workstations.
AMD FirePro™ professional graphics are compliant with the latest industry standards enabling you to take full advantage of their rich features. AMD professional graphics are especially tuned to enable outstanding performance for many major CAD and digital media applications. AMD Eyefinity Technology increases productivity and simplifies visualization solutions by expanding your visual real estate.
Complete peace of mind
All HP Workstation graphics cards come with a limited
3-year warranty that is extendable up to 5 years through HP Care
Get the support you need from HP and our graphics vendors to keep your workstation running at peak performance.
Professional graphics cards are optimized and certified for industry-leading professional applications.
- Operating Systems**
- Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
- Windows 8
- Genuine Windows® 7 Professional 3211
- Genuine Windows® 7 Professional 6411
- Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium11
- Genuine Windows® 7 Enterprise11
- Genuine Windows® 7 Ultimate11
- Genuine Windows® XP Professional
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 SP2
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 SP2
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x
- Processors & Chipset
- 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i73 with Turbo Boost Technology5
- 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i53 with Turbo Boost Technology5
- Mobile Intel® QM77 Express (vPro support13)
- DDR3 SDRAM, 1600 MHz, two slots supporting dual-channel memory, 2/4/8 GB SODIMMs, up to 16 GB total14
- Internal Storage15
- 320/500/750 GB 7200 rpm SMART SATA II HDD, 500 GB 7200 rpm SED (Self Encrypting Drive) HDD, 128/180 GB SATA 6 GB/s SSD, or 256 GB SATA 6 GB/s SED SSD, HP 3D DriveGuard16
- Flash Cache12
- Optional 24 GB mSATA Flash cache module12, Support Intel Smart Response Technology
- Upgrade Bay
- 12.7 mm SATA optical drive or secondary hard drive: Blu-ray R/RE DVD+/-RW SuperMulti DL Drive17,27, Blu-ray ROM DVD+/-RW SuperMulti DL Drive17,27, DVD+/–RW SuperMulti DL Drive17,27, DVD-ROM Drive17, 500 GB 7200 rpm secondary HDD15,17, or weight saver
- 14.0“ diagonal LED-backlit HD1 anti-glare (1366 x 768), 14.0” diagonal LED-backlit HD+1 anti-glare (1600 x 900)
- AMD FirePro™ M2000 with 1GB dedicated GDDR5 video memory
- AMD Eyefinity Technology for advanced multi-monitor support6
- High Definition Audio (SRS Premium Sound Pro), stereo speakers, stereo headphone/line out, stereo microphone in, optional HD1 Webcam17, integrated dual-microphone array
- Wireless Support17,19,20
- Optional HP hs2350 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband19
- Optional HP un2430 EV-DO/HSPA Mobile Broadband19
- Intel® Centrino 802.11a/b/g/n 3x320
- Intel® Centrino 802.11a/b/g/n 2x220
- Broadcom 802.11a/b/g/n 2x220
- HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth® v4.0
- HP Connection Manager
- Integrated Intel® 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection (vPro13), 56K v.92 modem (optional)
- Ports and Connectors
- 2 USB 3.0 ports, 1 USB 2.0 charging port, eSATA/USB 2.0 combo, VGA, DisplayPort, stereo microphone in, stereo headphone/line out, 1394a, power connector, RJ-11(optional modem), RJ-45(Ethernet), docking connector, secondary battery connector
- Expansion Slots
- 1 ExpressCard/54, 1 SD/MMC slot
- Input Device
- Full-sized spill-resistant keyboard with bottom case drain, touchpad with scroll and gestures support, point stick, launch buttons (Web browser, WLAN on/off, mute)
- Software (Windows OS only)
- HP Power Assistant9, HP Recovery Manager, HP Support Assistant, Corel WinDVD (select model), Roxio Secure Burn23 (select models), Roxio MyDVD Business 2010 (select models), Adobe® Flash Player, PDF Complete Corporate Edition, Skype, WinZip Basic, HP Performance Advisor, HP GPS and Location21 (select models), Microsoft® Office Starter: reduced-functionality Word and Excel® only, with advertising. No PowerPoint® or Outlook®. Buy Office 2010 to use the full-featured software22
- Custom Integration Services provides tailor-made, turnkey solutions for Business Ready PCs
- Standard: Microsoft Security Essentials, HP ProtectTools16, Central Management for HP ProtectTools29, TPM Embedded Security Chip 1.2, HP Fingerprint Sensor, Pre-Boot Security, HP SpareKey, HP Disk Sanitizer24, Drive Encryption for HP ProtectTools, Credential Manager for HP ProtectTools, Face Recognition for HP ProtectTools18, File Sanitizer for HP ProtectTools24, Smart Card Reader, Intel® AT (requires a Computrace subscription)(select Models)12, Device Access Manager with Just in Time Authentication or One Time Password17 (DigitalPass), Secure Erase, DriveLock, Automatic DriveLock, Password Manager for HP ProtectTools, Privacy Manager for HP ProtectTools, security lock slot Optional: Computrace25,17, HP Privacy Filter17
Height11.25 inches (3.2 cm) (at front)Width13.31 inches (33.8 cm)Depth9.11 inches (23.1 cm)
- Starting at 4.96 lb (2.25 kg) with SSD and weight saver, 5.27 lb (2.39 kg) with SSD and optical drive (weight will vary by configuration)
- 9-cell (100 WHr) Lithium-Ion battery2, 6-cell (62 WHr) Lithium-Ion battery2, 6-cell (55 WHr) HP Long Life Battery (3-year)2, optional HP ST09 Extended Life Notebook Battery (73 WHr)2, optional HP BB09 Ultra Extended Life Notebook Battery (100 WHr)2, 90W HP Smart AC Adapter, HP Fast Charge26
- Expansion Solutions17
- HP 90W Docking Station, HP 120W Advanced Docking Station, HP USB Docking Station 2.0, HP Essential USB 2.0 Port Replicator, HP Dual Hinge Notebook Stand, HP Display & Notebook Stand, HP Adjustable Display Stand, HP Adjustable Dual Display Stand
- Limited 3-year, 1-year and 90-day warranty options available, depending on country, 1-year limited warranty on primary battery. Optional HP Care Pack Services17 are extended service contracts which go beyond your standard warranties.10
For more details visit: http://www.hp.com/go/lookuptool.
* Prices, specifications, availability and terms of offers may change without notice.
** Windows 7 systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware and/or a DVD drive to install the Windows 7 software and take full advantage of Windows 7 functionality. See http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/ for details.
Screen images courtesy of Autodesk, Local Motors, Inc., Phoenix Analysis & Design Technologies, Inc., and Seismic Micro Technology, Inc. (SMT).
© 2012 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. Intel, Xeon, Core, Celeron, Pentium, and vPro are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. Microsoft and Windows are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. FireWire is a trademark of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. ENERGY STAR is a US registered mark of the United States Environmental Protection Agency. AMD is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Intel, the Intel logo, Intel Core, Core Inside, and Ultrabook are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries.
- HD content required to view HD images.
- Battery life will vary depending on the product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See MobileMark07 battery benchmark www.bapco.com/products/mobilemark2007 for additional details.
- Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing on Intel® architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers, and applications enabled for Intel® 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel® 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
- Intel® Active Management Technology requires an Intel® AMT-enabled chipset, network hardware and software, as well as a corporate network connection. Setup requires configuration by the purchaser and may require scripting with the management console or further integration into existing security frameworks to enable certain functionality. It may also require modifications or implementation of new business processes. Microsoft Windows required.
- Intel® Turbo Boost 2.0 technology requires a PC with a processor with Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 capability. Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 performance varies depending on hardware, software and overall system configuration. See http://www.intel.com/technology/turboboost for more information.
- Requires AMD discrete graphics configuration. HP EliteBook 8470w supports up to five total displays when using with the HP Advanced docking station. The advanced docking station is sold separately.
- Windows 7 will support older DirectX 9 adapters using a WDDM v1.0 (Vista) driver. DirectX 10 requires a WDDM v1.1 (Windows 7) compliant driver.
- GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 15GB (for Windows 7) of system disk is reserved for system recovery software.
- Power calculations and cost calculations are estimates. Results will vary based on variables, which include information provided by the user, time PC is in different power states (on, standby, hibernate, off), time PC is on battery or AC, hardware configuration, variable electricity rates and utilities provider. HP advises customers to use information reported by HP Power Assistant for reference only and to validate impact in their environment. Environmental calculations were based on U.S. EPA eGrid 2007 data found at www.epa.gov/egrid/. Regional results will vary. Microsoft Windows required.
- HP Care Pack Services are extended service contracts that go beyond the standard warranties. Service starts from date of hardware purchase. To choose the right level of service for your HP product, use the HP Care Pack Services Lookup Tool at http://www.hp.com/go/lookuptool. Additional HP Care Pack Services information by product is available at http://www.hp.com/go/carepack. Service levels and response times for HP Care Packs may vary depending on your geographic location.
- This system may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware to take full advantage of Windows 7 functionality. Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 7. See http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/ for details.
- Not available with SSD or Self-Encrypting Drive or WirelessWAN Broadband module.
- Some functionality of this technology, such as Intel® Active management technology and Intel Virtualization technology, requires additional 3rd party software in order to run. Availability of future "virtual appliances" applications for Intel vPro technology is dependent on 3rd party software providers. Microsoft Windows required.
- Maximum memory capacities assume Windows 64-bit operating systems or Linux. With Windows 32-bit operating systems, memory above 3 GB may not all be available due to system resource requirements.
- For hard drives, GB = 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 20 GB (Windows 7) of system disk is reserved for the system recovery software.
- Requires Microsoft Windows.
- Sold separately or as an optional feature.
- Microsoft Windows and webcam required.
- Wireless use requires separately purchased service contract. Check with your local vendor for coverage area and availability in your area. Connection and speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions, and other factors.
- Wireless access point and Internet service required. Availability of public wireless access points limited.
- GPS access requires an unobstructed path to multiple satellites. Performance may be affected if/when used inside of buildings, bridges or heavily congested metropolitan areas. Requires separately purchased GPS navigation software available from multiple GPS applications. Internet access required.
- Includes reduced functionality versions of Word and Excel. Purchase of Product Key required to activate full Office 2010 suite available at participating resellers/retailers and www.office.com.
- Do not copy copyright-protected materials.
- For the use cases outlined in the DOD 5220.22-M Supplement.
- The Computrace agent is shipped turned off, and must be activated by customers when they purchase a subscription. Subscriptions can be purchased for terms ranging multiple years. Service is limited, check with Absolute for availability outside the U.S.
- Fast Charge Technology recharges your battery up to 90% within 90 minutes when the system is off. Fast Charge Technology does not apply to the HP Ultra Extended Life or 9-cell batteries. When the PC is powered on, charge time may increase and will vary based on the workload of the notebook PC.
- Blu-ray is a new format containing new technologies, certain disc, digital connection, compatibility and/or performance issues may arise, and do not constitute defects in the product. Flawless playback on all systems is not guaranteed. In order for some Blu-ray titles to play, they may require an HDMI digital connection and your display may require HDCP support. HD DVD disks cannot be played on this drive. Note that DVD-ROM cannot read or write to 2.6GB Single Sided/5.2 GB Double Sided – Version 1.0 media. Actual speeds may vary. Don’t copy copyright-protected materials. Double Layer discs can store more data than single layer discs; discs burned with this drive may not be compatible with many existing single-layer DVD drives and players.
- Intel® AT security requires a separately purchased Absolute Computrace service subscription and must be activated and configured. Check with Absolute for availability in your country. Intel and HP assume no liability for lost or stolen data and/or systems or any other damages resulting therefrom. See http://www.absolute.com/en/partners/alliances/intel.
- In order to deploy and receive updated policies, the client needs to be connected to the network server and requires separatedly purchased DigitalPersona Pro software. System access may not prevent users from logging into the system on the first attempt if policy updates haven’t yet been received and applied. Requires Microsoft Windows.