Today's “workplace” can be anywhere from an office downtown to a lounge chair on the beach. People work from everywhere, and increasingly depend on personal technology to do so. The result? Our data and devices are more exposed than ever.
In fact, the percentage of breaches involving a compromised user's device has more than doubled in the last six years; 92% of Fortune 2000 companies have experienced data breaches in the past year; and 52% of organizations recently surveyed believe a successful cyber attack is likely in 2016.
Smart businesses like yours already know that the threat of hacking is no joke. But when you're using HP Elite PCs
with 7th Gen Intel® Core™ Processors, you can rest assured that you're using the world's most secure and manageable PCs—and we don't say that lightly.
When you're ready to upgrade your hardware, the sleek new HP EliteBook x360
is a sound solution. Here are some ways the world's thinnest and most secure business convertible keeps an air-tight lid on your data.
Keep your device secure
Budgeting for the latest new hardware can seem like a luxury, but consider the true cost of not upgrading: 60% of small companies that experience a cyber attack close their doors within six months, according to the U.S. National Cyber Security Alliance.
- Cyber attacks have become more sophisticated by targeting PC firmware and hardware, where malware can persist undetected by traditional anti-virus solutions. The self-healing HP Sure Start Gen3 offers continuous BIOS protection while the PC is running, protecting users from the minute they boot up their device.
- Why not use something you always have with you—your smartphone—as an extra layer of security? HP WorkWise automatically allows you to lock and unlock your device from your smartphone. (It's extra convenient when you step out to lunch and forget to lock down your laptop.)
Keep your identity secure
Most of your employees are savvy enough not to use “12345”-style passwords, but it only takes one weak password to breach a whole network. In fact, 63% of breaches involve weak or default passwords, and 90% of data breached by phishing are login credentials. Adding an extra layer of security protects your identity and keeps everyone else away.
- Far more secure than even the most complex password, multi-factor authentication combines passwords with hardened biometrics for more secure authentication, such as fingerprints and PINs or passwords and facial recognition.
Keep your data secure
Protecting your fleet of devices and company identities are two critically important steps, but don't forget that your company's data is its most valuable asset. Here are some smart ways to guard it.
- Browse confidently: The recently-announced HP Sure Click provides hardware-enforced security for web browsers to protect your PC from websites infected with malware, ransomware, or viruses. (This technology will first be available as a standard feature on the HP EliteBook x360.)
- It's easy to think of cyber attacks as the work of a faceless digital criminal, but your data thief could just be someone glancing over your shoulder. A whopping 91% of visual hacking attempts are successful. The HP Sure View integrated privacy screen helps keep your data safe from snooping side glances.
- Another way hackers can (quite literally) get their hands on your data is by lifting it from used computers and storage drives. HP Secure Erase solves that problem when it overwrites and erases data on all storage drives—including solid-state drives—so your confidential information can't be recovered.
- On top of standard Microsoft BitLocker encryption, the HP EliteBook x360 also protects your data in a self-encrypting drive that provides a hardware-based encryption and is TCG Opal 2 (Trusted Computing Group) certified.
Sounds great, right? See ya, hackers! But there's an important final step. Security that's not manageable can't be totally secure. That's where HP Touchpoint Manager comes in. It's a cloud-based tool that supports Android, iOS, Windows 10 Mobile, and Windows devices from one dashboard—and helps you solve problems faster and easier.
Ready for an upgrade?
The HP EliteBook x360 has all the powerful security and manageability features that come standard with HP Elite PCs—plus a whole lot more. With 360 degrees of versatility across five modes, touch display, and more than 16 hours of battery life,it's the perfect high-performance, high-security PC your workforce deserves.
 Ponemon Institute, Mega Trends in Cyber Security Expert Opinion Study, 2013
 CyberEdge Group LLC, 2015 Cyberthreat Defense Report, 2016
 Based on HP's unique and comprehensive security capabilities at no additional cost and HP Manageability Integration Kit's management of every aspect of a PC including hardware, BIOS and software management using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager among vendors with >1M unit annual sales as of November 2016 on HP Elite PCs with 7th Gen Intel® Core® Processors, Intel® integrated graphics, and Intel® WLAN
 Most secure based on HP's unique and comprehensive security capabilities at no additional cost among vendors with >1M annual sales as of December 1, 2016 on HP Elite PCs with Intel 7th Gen Intel® Core™ processors, Intel® integrated graphics, and Intel® WLAN. Thinnest Based on competitors with >1m units annually of convertible, non-detachables having a Windows Pro OS and 6th or 7th generation U series Intel® Core™ vPro™ processors.
 Available on HP Elite products equipped with Intel® 7th generation processors.
 Gensler, U.S. Workplace Survey 2016, 2016. Virtual: 15%, In person: 28%
 HP Sure View integrated privacy screen is an optional feature that must be configured at purchase.
 HP Secure Erase: For the methods outlined in the National Institute of Standards and Technology Special Publication 800-88. Supported on Elite platforms with BIOS version F.03 or higher
 Sold as an optional feature or accessory.
 HP Touchpoint Manager requires purchase of a license and supports Android™, iOS, Windows 10 Mobile, and Windows 7 (SP1), or Windows 8.1 or higher operating systems and PCs, notebooks, tablets and smartphones from various manufacturers. Not available in all countries. See www.hp.com/go/touchpoint
for availability information.
 Windows 10 MM14 battery life will vary depending on various factors including product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality, and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See www.bapco.com for additional details.
 Available for the HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2 and coming soon as web-download on www.hp.com/go/clientmanagement
, supports Microsoft® Internet Explorer and Chromium™
Core Inside, Intel, Intel Logo, Intel Core, Intel Inside, Intel Inside Logo, are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
BitLocker and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Android and Chromium are trademarks of Google Inc.