Are you a business owner with ambitious print production goals? If so, you may have been told that you can only achieve them by lowering print quality. Or, if you depend on the most professional printing output, you may think that slower printing times are simply the norm.
What if you didn’t have to choose between excellence and speed? With HP PageWide printers, it’s possible to get quality and quantity in a single, secure, and affordable printer. Here’s how HP PageWide technology is changing the game for small and medium businesses everywhere.
What is HP PageWide technology?
Unlike traditional printers that pass the paper over movable printheads, HP PageWide printheads are stationary. The paper goes under the actually page-wide, immovable printhead, at an incredible speed, while thousands of tiny ink nozzles apply the HP Thermal InkJet color.
In fact, there are 6 chips per printhead, each containing more than 6,000 nozzles. That means each printer has more than 25,000 nozzles, which helps to deliver a quick print with no reduction in quality.
The ink itself must be placed at exactly the right point and at the right time to create a proper print. This accuracy is driven by the way the paper is transported through the printer, as well as how individual sensors tell the printer to release each drop of ink.
With only one pass to get it right, these printers are built to be incredibly reliable. As each page passes through, you get a complete print job without multiple passes or lengthy “pauses” for jobs that require heavy ink, darker shades, or extra-detailed lines.
How is an HP PageWide cartridge unique?
Original HP PageWide cartridges are made to last, even at high volumes. You can choose from three levels of ink, with increased savings at each level:
- A – for everyday printing
- X – for higher yield or volume printing
- Y – for extra high yield (on select printers)
Only Original HP inks
are designed to work with the very specific mechanics of HP PageWide technology. Since ink can dry out quickly, the print cartridges need to work flawlessly with the printheads and nozzles to keep them from staying exposed to the air too long between print jobs. Once properly installed, you can expect consistent prints in a fraction of the time as traditional inkjet printers.
Changing cartridges is simple, too, thanks to the easy-open packaging and accessible cartridge slots. When you buy HP PageWide ink, you’re also doing your part to prevent waste and unnecessary additions to our landfills. These cartridges are eligible for HP’s Planet Partners
program, and returning them is free at a number of locations.
Benefits of HP PageWide printers
Now that you know how they work, what perks can you expect when you buy an HP PageWide printer? These devices offer many options to match your print “personality,” but all of them offer these benefits:
- Increased productivity with a speed of up to 75 pages per minute (ppm) in black and white, and 70 ppm color
- Secure printing with advanced networking features, and optional PIN-enabled print requests
- Savings of up to 50% over the cost per page of other models
- High-quality printing with trusted HP pigments in the most vibrant colors
- Multipurpose available, with support for teams of up to 15 people
- Up to 40% lower color cost per page than color laser printers
- Extra high-yield ink cartridges available for large print volumes
- Versatile printing capabilities for a wide variety of papers
- Fast wake up from hibernation mode for quicker first-page-out times
If speed, volume, quality, and price are things you can’t sacrifice, the HP PageWide series is one to consider.
5 best HP PageWide printers
Each member of the HP PageWide family is unique and offers something different to its users. With a variety of business and enterprise-class printers putting HP PageWide technology to work, there’s sure to be one that meets your unique business printing needs. These 5 models demonstrate the best of the best.
1. HP PageWide Pro 552dw printer
If standard printing is what you need, the HP PageWide Pro 552dw
has a lot to offer. You can connect via wireless or an Ethernet port, with the latter being the more secure option, and it boasts speeds of up to 50 ppm in black and color.
This printer also features the same stellar security benefits of the HP PageWide family, including secure boot options and code integration. It’s one of the most affordable in the series as well.
- Auto duplex printing for more complex print jobs
- Computerless print of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint files via USB
- Large, 4.3-inch touch screen makes print requests simple
- Print up to 13,000 color pages and up to 17,000 black-and-white pages per cartridge
2. HP PageWide Pro 477dn multifunction printer
When you need to do more than print, consider a multifunction printer like the HP PageWide Pro 447dn
. It can print, scan, fax, and copy with ease. That’s a serious upgrade for those who want their printer to handle more everyday office tasks. It also features the same easy-to-see 4.3-inch touch screen display as the previous printer, and it can print from USB.
- Two-sided scanning with the ability to send directly to email or cloud-based services
- Up to 55 ppm, making it the fastest multifunction printer in its class
- HP Color Access control helps you print perfectly and save money on reprints
- First page out in just 6.5 seconds
3. HP PageWide Pro 577dw multifunction printer
If you want to boost your productivity a bit more, the HP PageWide Pro 577dw printer
could be a game-changer. With color fax abilities at 4 seconds per page, this is a small business owner’s dream come true with multifunction abilities to keep your team productive. This printer includes all of the features of the other printers on our list, including secure boot, PIN-enabled print, print to email, and touch screen display.
- Print directly from your phone or tablet with WiFi Direct or NFC touch-to-print technologies
- Up to 1200 x 1200 optimized dpi resolution for black copies and 2400 x 1200 optimized dpi resolution for color (from 600 x 600 dpi)
- Monthly duty cycle of up to 80,000 pages
- Copy 99 pages at up to 400% enlargement
4. HP PageWide Enterprise 586dn color multifunction printer
While the “Pro” series in the HP PageWide family have a lot going for them, it may be time to step up your printing to enterprise-level power. The HP PageWide Enterprise 586dn
is a great place to start because it has many of the Pro’s features, plus a whole lot more.
This is a true multifunction machine and allows team members to queue print jobs as well as copy, scan, or fax while the machine is printing. It’s also one of the few devices on the market to offer true duplex scanning.
This printer is clearly an investment in your business and provides tons of value with high-end features such as a high-performance, secure hard disk, and built-in gigabit Ethernet. (This printer adheres to FCC Class A emissions guidelines and is to be used in commercial environments, only.)
- Speeds of up to 75 ppm and a first-page-out time of 7.1 seconds
- Security software detects threats and offers self-healing protection and 256-bit encryption for jobs at and on the way to the printer
- Compatible with over 180 third-party print and productivity tools and apps
- Get up to 16,000 color and 20,000 black-and-white prints between cartridge changes
- Crystal-clear 8-inch touch screen with SVGA Color Graphic Display
5. HP PageWide Enterprise 556dn color printer
Another option for those with enterprise-level printing needs, the HP PageWide 556dn
is a lower-priced alternative to the printer mentioned above. But it still offers robust print choices and the brilliant detail that HP PageWide printers are known for. This print-only machine has a print speed of up to 75 ppm and a first-page-out time of 7.1 seconds for black-and-white prints.
This ENERGY STAR®-qualified printer supports a variety of paper and media types. Like the other HP Enterprise PageWide printers, it has many security perks. Enjoy pre-shared key authentication, intrusion detection, whitelisting, and more. (This printer adheres to FCC Class A emissions guidelines and is to be used in commercial environments, only.)
- 4.3-inch color touch screen display
- 1280MB internal memory with memory card compatibility
- 500-sheet input tray and 50-sheet multipurpose tray with a 300-sheet output bin (face down)
Why HP PageWide tech is making waves
So much has changed since the first office printers, and the HP PageWide family is creating flexible freedom for businesses that need an in-house option without the hassle of a commercial printing maintenance or service contract.
HP PageWide printers are hassle-free and resolve many of the common print errors (including security issues) on their own. You don’t need an IT certification to make good use of these printers, because they’re built to last and come with the software solutions to manage team projects and prioritize multiple jobs.
Which HP PageWide printer is right for you?
First, you need to consider your budget, but the cost of your investment will be recouped by the savings you find on ink. Printing tens of thousands of sheets on a single ink cartridge is a big deal, and the more you take advantage of this efficiency, the more ROI you’ll realize.
Questions to ask in your search for the perfect printer include:
- Will I only print? Or do I need to scan, copy, and fax, too?
- If I buy more than one HP PageWide device, do they all need the same capabilities?
- How many team members will share this printer?
- What networking tools do I own or need? Will we use Ethernet or wireless?
- How will duplexing, input trays, and 2-sided copying come into play?
- Will teams need to access the scanning, copying, or faxing features during an in-progress print job?
- How large of a touch screen would I like?
Every HP PageWide printer offers reliability, scalability, and security. No matter which printer you pick, you’ll find that even your most confidential documents and scans are in safe hands. The time is right for business owners to print, on-demand, at higher volumes than before. Are you ready for an HP PageWide printer?
Popular HP PageWide Printers