HP TECH TAKES /...
Laptop vs Desktop: Which is Right for You?
Check out our infographic buyer's guide to find the right HP laptop for your everyday needs
The age-old debate between laptops and desktops comes down to a single question:
Which is right for you?
- Portability - Freedom from power cables lets you take your digital to-do’s from the office to the comfort of your home
- No assembly required - Ready to use right out of the box
- Several styles - Modern laptops come in a number of different exciting form factors that cater to different types of users
- Compact - Typically measuring less than 1-inch tall, laptops are excellent space savers
- Lightweight - Your sprawling digital world weighs less than 5 pounds (on average)
- High-performance power - Greater size means greater work capacity. Desktops are the first to feature the latest, most innovative tech rolled out by PC manufacturers
- Cost efficient - Affordable desktops offer higher processing power and functionality than an affordable laptop of similar grade
- Upgradable - Deconstruct and reconstruct the internal hardware of a desktop with mechanical ease. Changeable components include:
- CPU & motherboard
- Graphics card
- Larger screen - More screen real-estate gives way to a more immersive visual experience
- Specialized form factors - Today’s desktops are more stylized than ever for every PC user’s needs
Laptop vs Desktop: Which is Best for Your Daily Computer Needs?
- Infallible performance for your everyday needs
- More affordable than a basic laptop
- Expansive storage promising years of use
- Portability that takes you from the classroom to your dorm room
- High-performance power to accommodate your busy agenda
- Convertible laptops offer heightened usability
- Dedicated GPUs deliver more robust visual quality
- Desktops are broader in setup, enabling more comfortable computing with full-sized features
- Multi-tasking is made easy with mightier RAM capability
- Wireless mobility grants ease of transport from meetings to the office
- Portability promotes collaboration
- Workstations offer high-end computing for powerful mobile processing
- Increased screen size creates more immersive gameplay
- Unleash overclocking power
- The option to upgrade unlocks limitless hardware opportunities