The Sims 4 cheats let you play the game exactly how you want. Sure, The Sims series is plenty of fun on its own, but you live your life with the same restrictions you find in the game every day. Cheats let you cut loose and create the neighborhood you want and the house of your dreams.
You can also make the game even funnier with The Sims 4
cheat codes because many of them give you unlimited possibilities to start drama. Whether you're an architectural mastermind or you just want to get your household into hilarious situations, the best The Sims 4
cheats can do exactly that and much more.
How to enter cheat codes in The Sims 4
Before you can use cheats in The Sims 4, you'll need to learn how to open the command console. Each cheat takes the form of a word or phrase that you must type into the console to activate it. Fortunately, accessing the command console doesn't require you to modify any files. Instead, you activate it by simply pressing a combination of buttons at the same time.
Depending on your platform, you will need to input a different button combo to bring up the command console:
- PC cheat codes: Ctrl + Shift + C
- Mac cheat codes: Command + Shift + C
- PS4/PS5 cheat codes: L1 + R1 + L2 + R2
- Xbox One/Xbox Series X|S cheat codes: LB + RB + LT + RT
After using one of the above inputs, a text box will then appear in the upper left corner of the screen. Before you can enter cheats, you must first turn on the ability to do so by entering this command: "testingcheats on".
The only major drawback to using cheats is that they disable the ability to earn trophies or achievements. If you want to earn these again as normal, simply type "testingcheats off" to turn off cheat mode.
1. Immortal Sims
All of the Sims in The Sims 4 have a lifecycle, and they'll eventually grow old and die. If you want to protect your Sim family, you can enter the “All Sims cannot die” by inputting: “death.toggle true”
This cheat turns off the ability for Sims to die. However, be aware that this affects all Sims in the game. So, if Bella Goth is making eyes at your man, you can't just wait until she dies to get rid of her. Fortunately, you can also set life span and immortality per Sim in the family options menu if you only want some Sims to live forever.
If you want your Sims to die as usual again, enter "death.toggle false
2. Pregnancy hacks
Sims players that want the full family experience will eventually want to have children. If you know about the birds and the bees, you already know how to get your Sim pregnant. However, with cheats, you can get full control over the situation.
Speed up pregnancy
Sims take around 3 in-game days to give birth, but you can speed that up with these 4 cheats:
- Make Sim pregnant in first trimester: sims.add_buff buff_pregnancy_trimester1
- Make Sim pregnant in second trimester: sims.add_buff buff_pregnancy_trimester2
- Make Sim pregnant in third trimester: sims.add_buff buff_pregnancy_trimester3
- Make Sim immediately go into labor: sims.add_buff buff_pregnancy_inlabor
How to cheat for twins, triplets (or more)
You can force your Sim to have multiple babies at once with this two-part cheat. First, type "sims.get_sim_id_by_name (enter Sim name here)" and take note of the string of numbers that displays.
Next, type: "pregnancy.force_offspring_count (Sim ID here) (# of babies)" to force your Sim to be pregnant with multiple babies.
3. Get more money
Arguably the most useful (and widely used) Sims cheat codes are related to money. You can morph your Sims household from rags to riches in just a few clicks of a button, but will money buy them happiness? Probably.
To get some more Simoleons, enter these Sims 4 money cheats:
- Get 1,000 Simoleons: "kaching" or "rosebud"
- Get 50,000 Simoleons: "motherlode"
- Change your Simoleon balance to a specific number: "Money (# here)"
There are also a few codes that don't add money to your Sims' coffers, but they help their Simoleons stretch further:
- Turn bills off: "household.autopay_bills"
- Makes all lots free to move into: "FreeRealEstate on"
4. Build anywhere
You're not going to let physics hold you back from creating your architectural masterpiece, are you? By entering in a cheat, you can turn off any restrictions on building to let your inner M.C. Escher run wild.
- Build anywhere: "bb.enablefreebuild"
Another helpful cheat to use as a companion to this one is:
- Move objects anywhere: "bb.moveobjects on"
5. Improve your Sims' skills
The Sims 4 features many RPG elements, including stats tied to multiple activities. Fortunately, you don't have to hear your Sim play out-of-tune guitar to become a maestro or paint terrible paintings to become a virtuoso. Just enter the cheat below along with the type of skill you want to improve to make your Sim an instant master: "stats.set_skill_level (skill type) (1-10)". For example, to improve bartending to level 10, enter: “stats.set_skill_level major_bartending 10”
Skill type list
6. Complete Sims career
Career paths are a major part of a Sim's life, and it can take a lot of time and effort for them to reach the top. In addition to helping your Sims with the stat boost cheats above, you can give their careers a real shot in the arm with these commands.
Complete their current career goal with: "aspirations.complete_current_milestone"
You can also give a career to a Sim or promote them in a career track with these cheats:
- Give Sim a job: "careers.add_career (career name)"
- Promote Sim to next position: "careers.promote (career name)"
The Sims 4 career list
Players can also do their Sims a solid by giving them an early retirement with this cheat: "careers.retire (career name)"
7. 100% friendship or romance
The Sims series is really about the friendships and romances (and the ensuing drama) you make during the game. However, you may not want to go through the usual routine of moving a Sim into a new neighborhood and acquainting them with everyone to make new friendships.
Fortunately, there are a few cheats that can give your Sim a leg up.
- Instantly introduce selected Sim to all Sims in the neighborhood: "relationship.introduce_sim_to_all_others"
- Instantly get 100% friendship between two Sims: "modifyrelationship (First Sim first name and last name) (Second Sim first and last name) 100 LTR_Friendship_Main"
- Instantly get -100% friendship between two Sims: "modifyrelationship (First Sim first name and last name) (Second Sim first and last name) -100 LTR_Friendship_Main"
- Instantly get 100% romance between two Sims: "modifyrelationship (First Sim first name and last name) (Second Sim first and last name) 100 LTR_Romance_Main"
- Instantly get -100% romance between two Sims: "modifyrelationship (First Sim first name and last name) (Second Sim first and last name) -100 LTR_Romance_Main"
If you're not particular, you can even choose someone random to be friends with your Sim with: "relationships.create_friends_for_sim"
8. Fulfill motives
Your Sim models a living being, which means they have needs you must tend to. If that doesn’t work for you, though, you can use some easy cheats to instantly fill a Sim's motive gauges either individually or all together.
- Fill all motive bars: "sims.fill_all_commodities"
- Fill energy motive bar: "fillmotive motive_energy"
- Fill fun motive bar: "fillmotive motive_fun"
- Fill hunger motive bar: "fillmotive motive_hunger"
- Fill hygiene motive bar: "fillmotive motive_hygiene"
- Fill social motive bar: "fillmotive motive_social"
9. Die of embarrassment
Sims are rather fragile creatures. They can die from plenty of typical causes, like fires, electrocution, starvation, and drowning. However, they can also keel over from being too embarrassed. To force this state, enter the cheat "sims.add_buff buff_mortified" and wait 5 hours. After that time, the Sim affected by this curse will die of embarrassment.
For those who want a more "normal" death for their Sims, there are a few cheats that can make that happen as well.
- Selected Sim dies from electrocution: "sims.add_buff buff_death_electrocution_warning"
- Selected Sim starves to death in one day: "sims.add_buff _buff_motives_hunger_starving"
10. Ghost Sim
Becoming a ghost in The Sims 4 is actually quite advantageous. Ghosts don't age and can't die (they're already dead), but they can still maintain friendships and romances with other Sims and even join households.
There are several different types of ghosts, and the type your Sim turns into is dependent on the way they die. Use the following cheat paired with a cause of death to immediately make the selected Sim a ghost: "traits.equip_trait (cause of death)"
To bring a Sim back to the realm of the living, use this cheat: "traits.remove_trait (cause of death)"
Ghost cause of death list:
- Anger: anger
- Cow Plant: cowplant
- Drowning: drown
- Electrocution: electrocution
- Embarrassment: embarrassment
- Fire: fire
- Starvation: hunger
- Laughter: laugh
- Natural Causes: oldage
- Exhaustion: exhaust
- Sauna: steam
Cheat at your own peril
There is one drawback to using cheats: many times, the changes are irreversible. This isn't so bad when you're talking about things like the money cheat. However, if you make your Sim pump out 20 kids, you're going to have to deal with the consequences.
These cheats can make The Sims 4 more fun and ridiculous than it already is, but make sure to give the game a try without them, too. There are a ton of things to do, and earning money and skills as part of the typical gameplay makes you appreciate them more.
About the Author: Brittany Vincent is a contributing writer for HP Tech Takes. Brittany is a gaming and tech journalist, consultant, and author. She collects retro and modern gaming consoles, niche titles, and she loves helping others succeed in their favorite games.