Mail-in rebate frequently asked questions
General rebate information
- What are mail-in rebates?
- Do I have to buy the product at HP.com in order to qualify for the rebate?
- What if I purchased the product from an Internet retailer and don't have a receipt?
- Do all rebates have the same terms and conditions?
- How do I know if I qualify for one or more offer(s)?
- Why can't I open the pdf rebate form?
- Do I have to send in a rebate form in order to get money back?
- Where do I find the rebate form?
Rebate redemption information
- Where do I send my completed rebate form?
- What proofs-of-purchase must I include?
- Can I still apply for the rebate without the UPC/Barcode label if I threw away the box?
- How can I get another copy of my packing list?
- What if my mailing address is a P.O. box?
- How long do I have to send in the rebate form?
- When can I expect to receive my rebate redemption?
- How can I check the status of my rebate?
- Who can I call for help if I have additional questions?
What are mail-in rebates?
Mail-in rebates are offers in which customers receive money, products or services from the manufacturer when they buy qualifying products. Customers must mail in a rebate form and proofs-of-purchase in order to receive the money, products or services.
Do I have to buy the product at HP.com in order to qualify for the rebate?
No. Most of our rebates are national HP offers that are widely available through other resellers. We also feature rebate offers from our third party partners. However, we occasionally feature HP.com exclusive rebates that can only be redeemed on products purchased at HP.com.
What if I purchased the product from an Internet retailer and don't have a receipt?
You are still eligible to redeem the rebate. Submit the shipping invoice, packing slip, or transaction record with the product names and product numbers circled, along with all other required documents.
Do all rebates have the same terms and conditions?
No. Please be sure to read each rebate form carefully, as purchase and mail-in requirements vary from rebate to rebate.
How do I know if I qualify for one or more offer(s)?
Closely read the terms and conditions of the offer to ensure that you qualify for the rebate. If you do qualify for more than one rebate, make a photocopy of all required proofs-of purchase. Send the original information to one awards center and the copies to the other awards center. On the copies, include a note stating you have sent the originals to a different awards center to satisfy another offer.
Why can't I open the pdf rebate form?
Make sure you have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your PC or Mac. To download a free copy of Acrobat Reader, click here.
Do I have to send in a rebate form in order to get money back?
Yes. You must submit the rebate form and the required proofs-of purchase in order to redeem your mail-in rebate.
Where do I find the rebate form?
Products sold at HP.com may qualify for multiple rebates. All applicable rebates can be found on the product detail page for that particular item (under the "rebates" tab). For additional convenience, HP.com rebates page also has printable rebate forms for all current and recently expired rebates on products that we carry.
Where do I send my completed rebate form?
Mail the completed form to the address specified on the form. HP.com is not able to process or forward rebate forms. Submitted materials become the property of the manufacturer and will not be returned. The HP.com is not responsible for any rebate claims lost, damaged or delayed in transit.
What proofs-of-purchase must I include?
Please refer to the requirements of your specific rebate. To minimize fraudulent rebate requests, most offers require that you submit 1) the product serial number, 2) the UPC/Barcode label and 3) a packing list or transaction record. We recommend that you make copies of all materials before submitting them with your rebate form.
1) Hewlett-Packard serial numbers (S/N) are typically located on the side or back of our products on a sticker or plate. Be sure not to mistake product numbers for serial numbers. HINT: product numbers are usually shorter.
2) The UPC/Barcode label is located on the outside of the box that contains the product itself. UPC/Barcode labels may contain up to 7 barcodes. The following illustration will help you locate and remove UPC/Barcode labels. (click here to view)
3) A packing list is included for each order. If your order contains multiple packages, only one of the boxes will contain the packing list for the entire order. You may need to print multiple copies of the packing list if your purchases qualify for multiple mail-in rebates.
If you cannot locate your packing list, you may also print and submit an HP.com transaction record. To do this, click on "order status" in the left navigation bar, then follow the instructions to locate the link to your order number. Print out the page titled "transaction record."
Can I still apply for the rebate without the UPC/Barcode label if I threw away the box?
No. This proof-of-purchase is required to apply for a rebate. Failure to submit UPC/Barcode labels or submitting facsimiles will result in an ineligible submission.
How can I get another copy of my packing list?
There is no way to get another copy of the packing list, but you may print and submit an HP.com transaction record. To do this, go to www.hpshopping.com and click on "order status" in the left navigation bar. After locating your order number for the qualifying purchase, print the page titled "transaction record" and submit it with the rebate form and other proofs-of-purchase.
What if my mailing address is a P.O. box?
You must provide a valid street address to redeem a mail-in rebate.
How long do I have to send in the rebate form?
Each rebate/offer has two key dates. The "purchase" date is the date by which all qualifying products must be purchased. The "submission" date is the date by which the specific rebate redemption center must receive all applicable rebate materials. Most rebates require you to submit the rebate form within 30 days of purchase. Confirm the date requirements on the actual rebate form itself.
When can I expect to receive my rebate redemption?
It takes 8-10 weeks to process a claim form from the day that it's received. Please note that if there are stock or volume issues, rebate fulfillment may take longer.
You can speed up your rebate check by pre-qualifying the offer online. Click here for details.
How can I check the status of my rebate?
Check your rebate form for contact information. If none is available, call the HP rebate offer center Monday through Friday at 888-385-5410, 9 am to 9 pm ET. Or you can e-mail the offer center at email@example.com. They will respond to your inquiry by the end of the next business day.
Who can I call for help if I have additional questions?
Call the HP rebate offer center hotline Monday through Friday at 888-385-5410, 9 am to 9 pm ET. Or you can e-mail the offer center at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will respond to your inquiry by the end of the next business day.
Look on the side of each box for the label that includes the serial number and the
Barcode removal instructions
1. Look on side of box for label that includes the serial number (S/N) and the model number.
2. Cut around edge of bar code label with hobby knife or razor.
3. Peel off bar code label with top layer of cardboard only.