Looking to purchase a printer? HP offers a variety of models to suit your needs for paper printing, scanning and photocopying. For home usage, our HP Deskjet Ink Advantage printers are spill proof and promised excellent quality and high-volume printing at the lowest cost. Some models offer beautiful photo printing function too. For offices or businesses, our HP Laserjet Pro and Officejet Pro offer easy professional quality printing at an affordable value, as well as the functionality of faxing. For excellent color and large-sized printing, the HP Pagewide XL and DesignJet are powerful and fast machines that are expecially catered to produce superb technical documents and graphics design projects. Most printers are an all-in-one machines, some with touchscreen and wireless functionality. Find a suitable printer, whether you want a compact tool for your home or a high-performance machine for your enterprise. Browse our top printers here.
Note: The following content serves as general information and not an authorization from HP. For assistance, please contact HP technical support and for latest product information, please browse / visit the HP store. Refer to Terms & Conditions for more info.
Q1: How do I setup my HP printer for wireless?
The specific steps for setting up your HP printer for wireless printing may vary depending on the model of your printer and the operating system you are using, but here is a general overview of the steps you will need to take:
- Make sure your printer is compatible with wireless printing. Most modern HP printers have built-in wireless capabilities, but some older models may require additional hardware to connect to a wireless network.
- Connect your printer to your wireless network. You can do this by either using the printer's built-in setup wizard, or by connecting the printer to your computer with a USB cable and using the HP Smart app to configure the wireless settings.
- Download and install the printer software. Visit the HP website and download the latest version of the printer software for your specific model of printer. Follow the instructions provided to install the software on your computer.
- Configure your printer settings. Once the printer software is installed, you may need to configure the printer settings to enable wireless printing. This can typically be done through the printer's control panel or settings menu.
- Test your wireless connection. Print a test page or document to make sure that your printer is properly connected to your wireless network and can communicate with your computer.
- If you run into any issues during the setup process, consult your printer's user manual or visit the HP support website for troubleshooting tips and additional guidance.
Q2: How do I activate my HP printer?
Activating your HP printer can refer to different things, depending on what exactly you mean by ""activate"". Here are a few different scenarios and steps you can take to activate your printer:
- If you have just set up your new HP printer, you will need to follow the on-screen instructions to activate it for the first time. This usually involves turning on the printer, installing the ink cartridges, and running a calibration or alignment process. Make sure you read and follow the instructions carefully.
- If your printer has been inactive for a while, you may need to wake it up or turn it on. Most HP printers have a power button or touch screen that you can use to turn them on. Once the printer is on, you should see a status screen or light indicating that it is ready to print.
- If you are having trouble getting your printer to communicate with your computer or other devices, you may need to activate the wireless or Bluetooth connection. Follow the steps I provided in my previous answer to set up wireless printing on your HP printer.
- If your printer is displaying an error message or is not responding to your commands, you may need to troubleshoot the issue or perform a reset. Consult your printer's user manual or visit the HP support website for specific instructions on how to resolve common issues.
- By following these steps, you should be able to activate your HP printer and start using it to print documents and other materials.
Q3: How do I connect my new HP printer to my computer?
The steps for connecting your new HP printer to your computer may vary slightly depending on the model of your printer and the operating system you are using, but here is a general overview of the steps you will need to take:
- Set up your printer. Follow the instructions that came with your printer to unpack it, install the ink cartridges, and turn it on.
- Connect your printer to your computer. You can connect your printer to your computer in several ways:
- If your printer has a USB port, you can use a USB cable to connect it directly to your computer. Once the cable is connected, your computer should automatically detect the printer and install the necessary drivers.
- If your printer supports wireless connectivity, you can connect it to your Wi-Fi network and then add it as a wireless printer on your computer. Follow the steps I provided in my previous answer to set up wireless printing on your HP printer.
- Install the printer software. Once your printer is connected to your computer, you will need to install the printer software to enable full functionality. Visit the HP website and download the latest version of the printer software for your specific model of printer. Follow the instructions provided to install the software on your computer.
- Configure your printer settings. Once the printer software is installed, you may need to configure the printer settings to optimize performance and customize your print jobs. This can typically be done through the printer's control panel or settings menu.
- By following these steps, you should be able to connect your new HP printer to your computer and start using it to print documents and other materials.
Q4: Which app do I need for HP printer?
The app you need for your HP printer depends on the model of printer you have. You can find the app you need by visiting the HP website and searching for your printer model.
Q5: How do I install HP printer app?
To install the HP printer app on your computer or mobile device, follow these steps:
- Visit the HP website or your device's app store. The HP Smart app is available for free download on the HP website, as well as on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- Download the app. Click the "Download" or "Get" button to download and install the app on your device. Follow the instructions provided to complete the installation process.
- Open the app. Once the app is installed, open it on your device. You should see a welcome screen with instructions on how to set up your printer.
- Add your printer. Follow the on-screen instructions to add your HP printer to the app. You may need to enter your printer's model number or serial number to identify it. Once your printer is added, you should be able to view its status, ink levels, and other information.
- Customize your settings. The HP Smart app allows you to customize your print settings and preferences, including the paper size, print quality, and number of copies. You can also use the app to scan documents and photos, and to share your printer with other users.
- By following these steps, you should be able to install the HP printer app and start using it to manage your printer from your computer or mobile device.
Q6: How do I find the IP address of my HP printer?
To find the IP address of your HP printer, you can print a network configuration page. To do this, press and hold the Wireless button and the Cancel button on the printer control panel at the same time for three seconds. This will print a network configuration page which will include the IP address of your printer.
HP Printers by Usability / Features: