Looking to purchase a printer? HP offers a variety of models to suit your needs for paper printing, scanning and photocopying. For home usage, our HP Deskjet Ink Advantage printers are spill proof and promised excellent quality and high-volume printing at the lowest cost. Some models offer beautiful photo printing function too. For offices or businesses, our HP Laserjet Pro and Officejet Pro offer easy professional quality printing at an affordable value, as well as the functionality of faxing. For excellent color and large-sized printing, the HP Pagewide XL and DesignJet are powerful and fast machines that are expecially catered to produce superb technical documents and graphics design projects. Most printers are an all-in-one machines, some with touchscreen and wireless functionality. Find a suitable printer, whether you want a compact tool for your home or a high-performance machine for your enterprise. Browse our top printers here.
Note: The following content serves as general information and not an authorization from HP. For assistance, please contact HP technical support and for latest product information, please browse / visit the HP store. Refer to Terms & Conditions for more info.
Q1. How to connect HP printer to WIFI?
Connect your HP printer to WIFI by following the below steps:
1. Make sure your printer is connected to the same wireless network as your computer.
2. On your computer, open the HP Printer Assistant software.
3. Click the Wireless icon.
4. Select the Wireless Setup Wizard.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your printer to the wireless network.
6. When prompted, enter the network name and password.
7. Once the connection is established, your printer should be ready to use.
Q2. How to find printer IP address?
There are various methods to find your printer IP address and here are some:
1. Check the printer's display panel: Many printers have a small display panel on the front or top of the printer that shows the printer's IP address.
2. Check your router's DHCP table: If you have access to your router's settings, you can usually find the printer's IP address in the DHCP table.
3. Use a network scanning tool: If you don't have access to your router's settings, you can use a network scanning tool to scan your network for connected devices. This will show you the IP address of any connected printers.
4. Use the printer's software: Many printers come with software that can be used to find the printer's IP address. Check the printer's manual or website for instructions on how to use the software.
Q3. How to connect printer to laptop?
Here is a step by step process to connect a printer to laptop:
1. Connect the printer to your laptop using a USB cable.
2. Turn on the printer and laptop.
3. On your laptop, open the Control Panel and select “Devices and Printers”.
4. Click “Add a Printer”.
5. Select the printer from the list of available printers.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
7. Once the installation is complete, you can start printing.
Q4. How to scan documents on printer?
To scan documents on printer you must follow the below steps:
1. Place the document you want to scan face down on the scanner bed.
2. Open the scanner lid and adjust the document guides to fit the size of the document.
3. Press the scan button on the printer or open the scanning software on your computer.
4. Select the type of scan you want to perform (color, black and white, etc.).
5. Select the destination for the scanned document (email, file, etc.).
6. Press the scan button again to begin the scan.
7. When the scan is complete, the document will be saved to the destination you selected.
Q5. How to set printer to default?
Follow the below steps to set your printer as a default printer:
1. Open the Start menu and type “Devices and Printers” in the search box.
2. Select “Devices and Printers” from the search results.
3. Right-click on the printer you want to set as the default printer and select “Set as Default Printer” from the menu.
4. The printer will now be set as the default printer.
Q6. What is printer toner?
Printer toner is a powdery substance used in laser printers and photocopiers to form the printed text and images on the page. It is made up of a mixture of plastic particles, carbon, and iron oxide. The toner is transferred to the paper via an electrostatic charge and then fused into the paper fibers by heat.
Q7. Can I use HP printer without the app?
Yes, you can use an HP printer without the app. You can connect the printer to your computer or laptop and print directly from the computer.
HP Printers by Usability / Features:
Print From Mobile Device Wireless Direct Printing PrintersHP Plus PrintersWireless Direct Printing PrintersAutomatic Document Feeder Apple AirPrint™ PrintersScan to Email PrintersScan to Email Apple AirPrint™ PrintersLaser Printers PrintersPrint Scan Copy and Fax PrintersPrint Scan Copy and Fax Scan to Email Apple AirPrint™ PrintersLegal Automatic Document Feeder PrintersAutomatic Document Feeder HP ePrint PrintersColour PrintersLetter Print Scan and Copy Print From Mobile Device PrintersHP+ Offers Legal HP Plus PrintersENVY PrintersMultifunction / All-in-One Printers