HP+ is the smarter printing system that is ready when you are, more secure, more productive, and more sustainable than ever.
|With HP+||Without HP+|
|Free ink or toner included with HP Instant Ink||6 months||N/A|
|HP warranty||2 years||1 year|
|Original HP Ink or toner cartridges||Required to operate||Recommended|
|HP+ requirements||HP account
Use of Original HP Ink or toner
|Smart Printer||Intelligent, cloud-based connectivity and security|
|Smart Ink subscription||6 months of Instant Ink included7
After 6 months, monthly fee applies unless cancelled
|Instant Ink ready|
|Smart app||Advanced HP Smart app solution included for 24 months1||Standard HP Smart app|
|Smart sustainability||Forest First printing
Cartridge recycling with Instant Ink
|Cartridge recycling with Instant Ink|
Intel® Core™ Processors.
Innovation has never looked so good
Choose HP+ at printer setup to activate benefits
HP+ is an integrated HP system that requires an internet connection and only works with Original HP Ink or Toner cartridges.
With HP+, you get all the innovation included with standard print hardware plus exclusive solutions and incentives.
HP+ has the following exclusive benefits:
An extended HP warranty for additional peace of mind
6 months of HP Instant Ink, a subscription service that ensures new ink or toner cartridges are delivered to your door before you ever run out. After 6 months, monthly fee applies unless cancelled.
New connected cloud that automatically detects and fixes connectivity issues
New Smart Security settings monitoring system that detects and helps mitigate malware attacks
New native in-OS printing to print from virtually anywhere on any device
New Private Pickup feature releases documents only when you are at the printer
New Forest First feature - HP+ puts our planet first with net zero-deforestation prints where we plant trees and protect forests in equal measure for every page you print.
Buy an HP+ enabled printer. Confirm or activate HP+ during printer setup. Optionally, sign up for 6 months of Instant Ink within 7 days of setting up the printer.
HP+ requires an HP account, Internet connection, and use of Original HP Ink or Toner for the lifetime of the printer. Once activated, HP+ is embedded in the device and will require the use of Original HP Ink or Toner for the lifetime of the printer.
HP+ is not a subscription. It is a cloud-based printing solution embedded in select HP printers. There are no costs specifically associated with HP+ beyond the initial purchase of the printer.
Currently, HP+ is available with the HP LaserJet M200 Series, HP OfficeJet Pro 8000e and 9000e Series, DeskJet 2700e and 4100e Series, and ENVY 6000e and 6400e Series. You can expect to see HP+ expand to more countries and printers over time.
No. Customers can choose to participate in Instant Ink, which provides convenience and cost savings of up to 50 percent, or purchase Original HP Ink or Toner directly from the retailer of their choice. HP+ printers requires the use of Original HP Ink or Toner to operate even after expiration of the Instant Ink trial.
HP customers have options when purchasing HP printers. There are functionally equivalent HP printers available without HP+.
To buy the HP LaserJet M200 Series printer without HP+, you can purchase the standard version of the printer. To learn more, visit www.hp.com/standard.
For HP OfficeJet Pro 8000e and 9000e Series printers, DeskJet 2700e and 4100e Series, and ENVY 6000e and 6400e Series, a customer can choose to skip HP+ activation during printer setup.
HP standard printers are printers available without the benefits of HP+. HP standard printers, however, are intended to work only with cartridges that have a new or reused HP chip or circuitry, and they use dynamic security measures to block cartridges using a non-HP chip or circuitry. Periodic firmware updates will maintain the effectiveness of these measures and block cartridges that previously worked. A reused HP chip or circuitry enables the use of reused, remanufactured, and refilled cartridges.
- HP+ smarter printing system: Utilizing technology in the HP+ system and compared to HP standard consumer printers without HP+. HP+ printers are ready when you are with improved connectivity utilizing Smart Driver and Print/Scan Doctor technology, more secure with Smart Security technology, more productive through HP Smart Advance features included for 2 years, and more sustainable by enabling Forest First printing and net-zero deforestation prints.
- Never run out: Based on plan usage, Internet connection to eligible HP printer, valid credit/debit card, email address, and delivery service in your geographic area.
- Instant Ink Savings (ink): Based on monthly subscription cost of HP Instant Ink 700-page plans without purchase of additional sets of pages compared to cost per page to print ISO/IEC 24711 pages on most in-class, traditional A4 color inkjet cartridge printers & MFPs using original standard capacity cartridges priced for: Australia <299 AUD; New Zealand <349 NZD; Canada <=399 CAD & United States <399 USD. Sale prices not considered for this study. HP Ink Advantage printers excluded due to non-standard hardware & supplies model. Buyers Lab July 2020 study commissioned by HP, based on publicly available information as of June 1, 2020. Printers selected by market share in IDC Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker - Final Historical 2020Q1. For details: www.keypointintelligence.com/HPInstantInk.
- Instant Ink Savings (toner): Based on monthly subscription cost for U.S. and Canada for toner HP Instant Ink1,500 page plan vs. transactional cost per page of in-class monochrome A4 laser printers and MFPs < $450 USD that use original, standard-capacity integrated cartridges (toner and drum in one cartridge). Buyers Lab April 2020 study commissioned by HP, based on research of publicly available information as of 04/24/2020. Printers selected by market share as reported by IDC Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker - Final Historical 2019Q4 for U.S. and Canada. For details and latest report, see: www.keypointintelligence.com/HPTonerService.
- 6 months of Instant Ink: Instant Ink sign up required. Instant Ink not available in all countries. Subject to monthly page limit of plan selected. Must complete Instant Ink signup within 7 days of setting up the printer with the HP-recommended setup process as indicated in the instructions that came with your printer. Unless service is cancelled within the promotional period online at www.hpinstantink.com, a monthly service fee, based on the plan chosen, plus tax and overage fees will be charged to your credit/debit card. Customer will be charged for any overage fees and applicable taxes at the end of each month in the promotional period. Use of in-box ink or toner cartridge is included in period of offer. One offer redeemable per printer. Included months offer with Instant Ink subject to change after 10.31.2021. Offer cannot be redeemed for cash. Setup Offer may be combined with other offers; see terms and conditions of the other offer for more details. Requires a valid credit/debit card, an email address, and Internet connection to printer. See additional offer information available during online signup process. For service details, see www.hpinstantink.com.
- HP Smart app: Requires the HP Smart app download. For details on local printing requirements see www.hp.com/go/mobileprinting. Certain features/software are available in English language only, and differ between desktop and mobile applications. Subscription may be required. Subscription may not be available in all countries. See details at www.hpinstantink.com. Internet access required and must be purchased separately. HP account required for full functionality. List of supported operating systems available in app stores. Fax capabilities are for sending a fax only. After 24 months, monthly fee applies to continue advanced features with HP Smart Advance. HP Smart Advance is not available in all countries. For more information, see www.hpsmart.com.
- Forest First: With HP+, every print - regardless of paper brand – is addressed through HP’s Forest Positive Framework to counteract risks of deforestation. HP brand paper is sourced only from certified responsibly managed forests or from recycled content. For other brands of paper, HP invests in restoration, protection or recovery projects in key regions, for instance Brazil, sufficient to balance any paper used by HP+ customers that may not have been responsibly sourced. Read more about projects and our partners at hp.com/forestfirst.
- Dual-band Wi-Fi™: Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz operations only. Learn more at hp.com/go/mobileprinting. Wi-Fi is a registered mark of Wi-Fi Alliance®. Supports both 5.0 GHz and 2.4 GHz using up to 112 non-overlapping channels v. only 3 non-overlapping channels for 2.4 GHz only. Supports 5.0 GHz band (up to 150 mbps) v. 2.4 GHz band (up to 72.2 mbps). Internet access must be purchased separately.
- Fastest two-sided printing: Compared to in-class monochrome laser printers and MFPs less than $210 USD or 220€ for single function or less than $310 USD or 320€ for multifunction, all with a published max monthly duty cycle of 20,000 or lower. Buyers Lab September 2020 study commissioned by HP, based on a research survey OEM published specifications publicly available information as of 09/01/2020. Market share as reported by IDC Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker - Final Historical 2020Q2 for North America and EMEA. For details: keypointintelligence.com/HPFastestDuplexRequires the HP Smart app download. For details on local printing requirements see hp.com/go/mobileprinting. Certain features/software are available in English language only, and differ between desktop and mobile applications. HP+ Print Plans subscription may be required. HP+ Print Plans not available in all countries. See details at hpprintplans.com. Internet access required and must be purchased separately. HP account required for full functionality. List of supported operating systems available in app stores. Fax capabilities are for sending a fax only, and may require additional purchase. For more information, see hpsmart.com/mobile-fax.
- Cartridge recycling: Through the HP Planet Partners program (where available), recycled plastics are used as raw material and combined with other materials to make new Original HP cartridges and other everyday products. For details: www.hp.com/hprecycle.