Volkswagen mass production with Metal Jet
Volkswagen mass production with Metal Jet
METAL 3D PRINTING
HP Metal Jet. Reinvent opportunities with
industrial metal 3D printing
Propel your business with the most advanced metals 3D printing
technology for mass production.
Take on new jobs and unlock new revenue streams
Now you can produce complex parts and new applications that were simply not possible before, in cost-effective high-volume runs.
Up to 50x more productive1
Produce high volumes of parts—and large parts—with a binder jetting build size of 430 x 320 x 200 mm (16.9 x 12.6 x 7.9 in).
Get final metal parts faster with a low price industrial production-grade 3D printer.2
High-quality metal parts
Easily produce geometrically complex parts without trade-offs, with HP voxel-level 1200 x 1200 dpi 3D printing accuracy.
Learn more about the HP Metal Jet printing process
Metal jet production service4
Experience HP Metal Jet quality. To order parts, upload your design file,5 get a design compatibility check from HP, and receive your order from our manufacturing partner.4, 6
Learn how the service works
Reserve your HP Metal Jet printer7
Be among the first to benefit from cutting-edge HP Metal Jet technology.
Production service partners
GKN Powder Metallurgy
The world’s leading producer of materials and products using powder metallurgy technologies.
World leader in metal injection molding, specializing in producing low-cost, high-volume metal parts for the medical and industrial sectors.
Customer and partner quotes
“By reducing the cycle time for the production of parts we can realize a higher volume of mass production very quickly. That’s why HP’s new Metal Jet platform is a huge leap forward for the industry and we look forward to raising the bar on what is possible to deliver more value and innovation for our customers.“
Dr. Martin Goede, Head of Technology Planning and Development, Volkswagen.
“By combining the forces of HP and GKN Powder Metallurgy, we will push the productivity and capability of our customers to unprecedented levels based on the economic and technical advantages of HP Metal Jet technology.”
Peter Oberparleiter, CEO of GKN Powder Metallurgy
“HP Metal Jet represents the first truly viable 3D technology for the industrial-scale production of metal parts. Our customers demand extreme performance, quality, and reliability and HP’s advanced technology and heritage of market disruption give us the confidence to deliver beyond expectations.”
Rob Hall, President of Parmatech
“The ability to manufacture complex MIM parts without the high cost of molds opens up tremendous potential for product development. Innovative medical device development needs equally innovative manufacturing capabilities such as HP‘s Metal Jet technology.“
Richard Rodgers, Vice President Engineering R&D at Primo Medical Group
“HP has a proven reputation as a premiere leader in creating advanced technologies customers can count on. We are confident HP Metal Jet technology will enhance our product development process of critical care components and help our customers optimize speed to market.”
Derek Schnaars, New Process Development at OKAY Industries
“HP Metal Jet Technology is a powerful enabler of customized components and is a perfect fit to Wilo‘s strategy to be the digital pioneer of the pump industry.“
Christian Berger, head of production technologies, Wilo.
- Based on comparable competitive binder jetting and selective laser melting (SLM) metals 3D printing solutions available as of July 31, 2018. Productivity claim based on: 1) up to 50 times more productive, on average, based on print speed for serial production up to 100,000 parts, and 2) solution acquisition cost.
- Low cost based on comparable competitive binder jetting and selective laser melting (SLM) metals 3D printing solutions available as of July 31, 2018. Expected printer price for 2020 launch for lead customers.
- Compared to selective laser melting (SLM) and based on internal testing of HP Metal Jet technology, as of September 2018.
- HP does not provide manufacturing services. Customers work directly with and pay for manufacturing services provided by a trusted third-party manufacturing partner responsible for fulfilling the order. HP provides design compatibility check for HP Metal Jet printing. Metal Jet Production Service is expected to be available in Western Europe and US.
- We currently accept OBJ, STL, 3MF, X_T (Parasolid), STEP, and IGES files.
- HP and its manufacturing partners will do design compatibility checks; part production will be fulfilled and delivered by our trusted manufacturing partners with expected availability first half 2019. Metal Jet Production Service is expected to be available in Western Europe and US.
- Reserve a printer is expected to be available in US, UK, France, Germany, Italy, and Spain. HP Metal Jet printers are expected to become commercially available second half 2020 for lead customers, with expected broad availability in 2021.
- Image is data courtesy of GKN Powder Metallurgy.