HP Connected Backup
HP LTO-2 Ultrium storage media
HP Ultrium tape technology has been designed to deliver exceptional reliability and performance at the lowest cost per GB. The Ultrium format builds on the best of existing technologies; open standards increase innovation and widen customer choice in terms of performance, capacity, and form factor. Backed by HP’s exhaustive media qualification process, HP Ultrium data cartridges support all HP and non-HP Ultrium tape devices.
|Product||Must be ordered from HP in multiples of||Compressed Capacity*||Part Number|
|HP LTO-2 Ultrium 400 GB Data Cartridge||20||400 GB||HP C7972A|
|HP LTO-2 Ultrium 400 GB Eco Case Data Cartridge (5 pack)||4||400 GB||HP C7972AG|
|HP LTO-2 Ultrium 400 GB 20 pk. Min Ord = 100 Cartridges Custom Labelled Data Cartridge||5**||400 GB||HP C7972AL|
|HP LTO-2 Ultrium 400 GB Eco Pack Custom Labelled Data Cartridge (20 pk. Min Ord = 100 Cartridges)||5**||400 GB||HP C7972AC|
|HP LTO-2 Ultrium 400 GB HP LTO-Non-Custom Labelled Data Cartridge (20 pack)||1||400 GB||HP C7972AC|
**Minimum order quantity 100 units, must be ordered in multiples of 20 eg: 100, 120, 140, 160 units.
- Perfect for small and medium sized businesses
- 2nd generation HP LTO Ultrium 400 GB Data Cartridges are perfect for small and medium sized organisations looking to improve the effectiveness of their backup. Those businesses will benefit from a low cost per GB provided by open standards. Quality is assured by the HP Brand specification – the industry’s most demanding media quality standard. In a HP LTO-2 Ultrium 448 tape drive, the media is capable of backing up 173 GB/hr in compressed mode
- LTO Ultrium cartridge memory chip delivers faster access time and enhanced media monitoring.
- First time restore ensured with fewer media failures and disrupted backups, regardless of duty cycle or environmental conditions.
- Superior 'smart grabber' mechanism and mechanical interlock to prevent the leader pin from being pulled inside the tape housing. Sensors detect proper connection and prevent leader loss that would ruin the tape.
- Simplified tape path to reduce wear and tear and build up of and debris (important in automation).
- HP brand qualification test procedures (load/unload, shoeshine, drop testing and environmental stress testing) go far beyond what is required for the LTO Ultrium logo. This ensures maximum reliability for restoring your data.
- HP warrants LTO Ultrium cartridges for up to 30 years archival life and/or 260 full backups. This ensures businesses can meet the ever-increasing demands of regulation for data retention and archiving.
- Standardizing on HP LTO Ultrium delivers the capacity to meet shrinking backup windows with extra performance and capacity.
- Open standard technology ensures compatibility across product generations and gives you more choice. LTO-2 cartridges are available as non-labeled, Custom Labeled, Non-Custom Labeled and Eco Case versions to fit with your data centre management criteria.