- 11th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor
- Windows 10 Pro 64
- 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
- 16 GB
- NVIDIA Quadro
Check availability at
HP Z2 G8 Tower Workstation Desktop PC
We've engineered a whole new level of performance for entry workstations, so you can cut through rendering, visualization, BIM projects without missing a beat. And when your demands change, you have impressive expandability to upgrade.
Your new benchmark for entry workstation power.
Unleash the full power of professional graphics and an Intel® processor on compute-heavy projects. Designed for unthrottled performance so you can render and visualize projects faster.
Built to expand. Power to grow.
Need to upgrade graphics? Increase memory or storage? Add specialized PCIe cards? Go for it. With room to expand and tool-less access, you can easily upgrade and add components as your needs evolve. This is an investment that will last for years.
Industry-leading security. Durability you can trust.
Backed by 360K hours of rigorous testing, military-standard testing, and software certs, every component is put to the test. And with hardened security features, your Z2 Tower is protected from the BIOS to the browser, above and below the OS.
Access your Z2 Tower from anywhere.
Tap into the power of your Z2 Tower from anywhere and on almost any device with HP ZCentral Remote Boost. Get fast responsiveness and exceptional image quality on demanding projects. Seamlessly collaborate with dispersed teams, even on 3D models.
- 11th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor
- Windows 10 Pro 64
- 16 GB DDR4-3200 MHz RAM (2 x 8 GB)
- 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
- 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA HDD
- Intel® UHD Graphics 750
- Starting at 7 kg
- 3 Years On Site Service
|Operating system||Windows 10 Pro 64|
|Processor||Intel® Core™ i7-11700K (3.6 GHz base frequency, up to 5.0 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 16 MB L3 cache, 8 cores)|
|Processor footnote|| Multi-core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering, branding and/or naming is not a measurement of higher performance.
 Intel® Turbo Boost performance varies depending on hardware, software and overall system configuration. See http://www.intel.com/technology/turboboost/ for more information.
|Processor family||11th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor|
|Memory||16 GB DDR4-3200 MHz RAM (2 x 8 GB)|
|Memory slots||4 DIMM|
512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
|Hard drive (2nd)||1 TB 7200 rpm SATA HDD|
|Storage type||HDD; SSD|
|External drive bays||One slim ODD; One 5.25" ODD|
|Internal drive bays||Two M.2 NVME 2280 SSD; One 2.5" HDD; Two 3.5" HDD|
|Display and graphics|
|Graphics||Intel® UHD Graphics 750|
|Graphics||NVIDIA® T1000 (4 GB GDDR6 dedicated)|
|I/O Port location||Front|
|Ports||2 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 10Gbps signaling rate; 1 universal audio jack; 2 SuperSpeed Type-A USB 5Gbps signaling rate (1 charging)|
|I/O Port location||Rear|
|Ports||1 audio-in; 1 audio-out; 1 RJ-45; 2 DisplayPort™ 1.4; 2 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 10Gbps signaling rate; 1 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate; 3 USB Type-A 480Mbps signaling rate|
|Expansion slots||1 PCIe 3 x4 (x16 connector); 1 PCIe 3 x4 (x4 connector); 1 M.2 2230 PCIe 3 x1; 1 M.2 2280 PCIe 4 x4; 1 M.2 2280 PCIe 3 x4; 1 PCIe 3 x1 (x4 connector); 1 PCIe 4 x16 (x16 connector)|
|Audio features||Realtek ALC3205-VA2-CG, 2.0W internal mono speaker|
|Pointing device||HP Wired 320M Mouse|
|Keyboard||HP USB wired keyboard|
|Power and operating requirements|
|Environmental||Ocean-bound plastic in speaker enclosure; 45% post-consumer recycled plastic; 20% ITE-derived closed loop plastic; Bulk packaging available; 80 Plus® Gold power supplies available; Molded paper pulp cushion inside box is 100% sustainably sourced and recyclable|
|Dimensions and Weight|
|Dimensions without stand (W x D x H)||35.6 x 16.9 x 38.5 cm|
|Weight||Starting at 7 kg|
|Security management||HP Secure Erase; HP Power On Authentication; HP Sure Click; Windows Defender; HP Sure Sense; HP BIOSphere Gen6; HP Client Security Manager Gen7; HP Sure Start Gen7; HP Sure Run Gen4; HP Sure Recover Gen4|
|Software included||HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI; HP Performance Advisor; HP Support Assistant; HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows; ZCentral Remote Boost; HP Desktop Support Utilities; HP Image Assistant; HP Notifications; My HP; HP QuickDrop|
|Management features||HP Driver Packs; HP Management Integration Kit for Microsoft System Center Configuration Management Gen4; HP System Software Manager (download); HP BIOS Configuration Utility (download)|
|Manageability features footnote|| HP Manageability Integration Kit can be downloaded from http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ads/clientmanagement/overview.html|
|Warranty and Services|
|Warranty||3 Years On Site Service
|Services (Care Pack)||Receive 5 years of next business day onsite repair from an HP-qualified technician for your computing device, if the issue cannot be solved remotely. For more information on Care Pack services, please visit www.hp.com/go/cpc.|
-  Undergoes MIL-STD testing. MIL-STD testing is not intended to demonstrate fitness for U.S. Department of Defense contract requirements or for military use. Test results are not a guarantee of future performance under these test conditions. Accidental damage requires an optional HP Accidental Damage Protection Care Service.
-  HP ZCentral Remote Boost does not come preinstalled on Z Workstations but can be downloaded and run on all Z desktop and laptops without an additional license purchase. When you purchase a Z device, you get an embedded license. With non-Z sender devices, it is a perpetual or floating license. ZCentral Remote Boost requires a Windows (10 or 7 SP2), RHEL (6, 7 or 8), UBUNTU 18.04 LTS, or HP ThinPro operating system. MacOS (10.13 or newer) operating system is only supported on the receiver side. Requires network access. The software is available for download at hp.com/ZCentralRemoteBoost.
-  Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers, software or BIOS update to take full advantage of Windows functionality. Windows 10 is automatically updated, which is always enabled. ISP fees may apply and additional requirements may apply over time for updates. See http://www.windows.com
-  Some devices for academic use will automatically be updated to Windows 10 Pro Education with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. Features vary; see https://aka.ms/ProEducation for Windows 10 Pro Education feature information.
-  For detailed OS/hardware support information for Linux, see: http://www.hp.com/support/linux_hardware_matrix
-  Multicore is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering, branding and/or naming is not a measurement of higher performance.
-  For full Intel® vPro™ functionality, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, a vPro supported processor, vPro enabled chipset, vPro enabled wired LAN and/or WLAN card and TPM 2.0 are required. Some functionality requires additional 3rd party software in order to run. See http://intel.com/vpro
-  Multi-core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering, branding and/or naming is not a measurement of higher performance.
-  Intel® Turbo Boost performance varies depending on hardware, software and overall system configuration. See http://www.intel.com/technology/turboboost/ for more information.
-  Flex IO port and one PCIe slot will be occupied when Thunderbolt is installed. Thunderbolt will be available in Q3, 2021.
-  Keyboard and Mouse are optional or add on features. The HP Antimicrobial Keyboard and HP Antimicrobial Mouse are only available in China.
-  Intel I350-T4 4-port GbE NIC is an AMO only.
-  Duplication of copyrighted material is strictly prohibited. Actual speeds may vary. Double Layer media compatibility will widely vary with some home DVD players and DVD-ROM drives. Note that DVD-RAM cannot read or write to 2.6GB Single Sided/5.2 Double Sided-Version 1.0 Media.
-  With Blu-Ray, certain disc, digital connection, compatibility and/or performance issues may arise, and do not constitute defects in the product. Flawless playback on all systems is not guaranteed. In order for some Blu-ray titles to play, they may require a DVI or HDMI digital connection and your display may require HDCP support. HD-DVD movies cannot be played on this Desktop PC.
-  Based on US EPEAT® registration according to IEEE 1680.1-2018 EPEAT®. EPEAT® status varies by country. Visit www.epeat.net for more information.
-  External power supplies, power cords, cables and peripherals are not Low Halogen. Service parts obtained after purchase may not be Low Halogen.
-  HP ZCentral Remote Boost does not come preinstalled on Z Workstations but can be downloaded and run on all Z desktop and laptops without license purchase. With non-Z sender devices, purchase of perpetual individual license or perpetual floating license per simultaneously executing versions and purchase of ZCentral Remote Boost Software Support is required. RGS requires Windows, RHEL (7 or 8), UBUNTU 18.04 LTS, or HP ThinPro 7operating systems. MacOS (10.13 or newer) operating system is only supported on the receiver side. Requires network access. The software is available for download at hp.com/ZCentralRemoteBoost.
-  HP Performance Advisor Software - HP Performance Advisor is ready and waiting to help you get the most out of your HP Workstation from day one—and every day after. Learn more or download at: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/workstations/performance-advisor.html
-  HP Support Assistant requires Windows and Internet access.
-  HP Manageability Integration Kit can be downloaded from http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ads/clientmanagement/overview.html
-  HP Client Security Manager Gen7requires Windows and is available on the select HP PCs.
-  HP BIOSphere Gen6 features may vary depending on the platform and configurations.
-  HP Sure Click requires Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise. See https://bit.ly/2PrLT6A_SureClick for complete details.
-  HP Sure Start Gen7 is available on select HP PCs and workstations. See product specifications for availability.
-  HP Sure Run Gen4 is available on select Windows 10 based HP Pro, Elite and Workstation PCs with select Intel® or AMD processors
-  HP Sure Recover Gen4 is available on select HP PCs and requires an open network connection. You must back up important files, data, photos, videos, etc. before using HP Sure Recover to avoid loss of data.
-  Secure Erase - For the methods outlined in the National Institute of Standards and Technology Special Publication 800-88 "Clear" sanitation method. HP Secure Erase does not support platforms with Intel® Optane
-  HP Sure Sense requires Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise and supports Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome™, and Chromium™. Supported attachments include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and PDF files in read only mode, when Microsoft Office or Adobe Acrobat are installed.
-  A certified preloaded version of Ubuntu® 20.04 LTS is available from HP for this platform.
-  Intel® I225 and Intel® X710 will be available in Q3, 2021.