HP Unveils World’s Most Collaborative Large-format Printer
ASIA PACIFIC, Singapore, October 18, 2010 – HP today unveiled its latest products and solutions, including the world’s most collaborative(1) printer, that enable businesses in the architecture, engineering, construction (AEC) industries and enterprises to easily access, share and print large-format project files online anytime, anywhere.(2)
These new suite of future-ready products help to propel business acceleration for design professionals in the AEC industries and enterprise businesses that require geographical information: maps printouts, urban development print illustrations or other forms of large format technical drawings. Moreover, the new line of printers are web-connected and ePrint-enabled, allowing businesses to access web content from anywhere, anytime(2) wherever business happens.
- The industry’s first web-ready large-format printer with scan, print and copy functionality (1) - the HP Designjet T2300 eMultifunction Printer (eMFP). Designed to match today’s collaborative and mobile work styles, the new system makes it easy to share and manage content with project members around the world.
- Mobility for customers with HP ePrint & Share. This new breakthrough application allows design professionals to automatically create, print, share and manage project files online using desktop or mobile devices.(3)
- Low total cost of ownership for companies with the HP Designjet T7100 Printer. HP Designjet T7100 features a high-speed monochrome and color printing system and internal testing has shown that it has a breakthrough total cost of ownership when comparing to competing technologies.(3)
HP also unveiled the industry’s fastest production(5) photo printer - HP Designjet Z6200 Photo Printer -- which is designed for photo labs, digital print shops, advertising agencies, design firms, commercial printers and print service providers.
- Realise high speed and productivity coupled with the best print quality on the HP Designjet Z6200 Photo Printer series with HP Vivid Photo Inks. The HP Designjet Z6200 Photo Printer delivers high-quality output and the highest speeds of large-format printers in its price class for applications ranging from photo to line drawings.(5)
"With the HP ePrint platform extended to the AEC and enterprise businesses, professionals now can focus on building and executing their ideas, rather than on managing the cumbersome print processes,” said Gido van Praag, Vice President of Graphic Solutions Business, HP Imaging and Printing Group, Asia Pacific and Japan. "And in the print service providers segment, we have the HP Designjet Z6200 Photo Printer which is a true workhorse, delivering high speed and productivity on every application, including those that demand the best quality.”
Next generation web-empowered printers that enable collaboration, propel business acceleration, simplify processes and maximize efficiencies
The HP Designjet T2300, HP Designjet T7100 Printer and HP ePrint & Share have been designed specifically to help AEC industries and enterprise businesses to collaborate across multiple locations, thus enabling them to simplify the entire printing process and maximize efficiencies.
- Boost productivity with the web-ready HP Designjet T2300 eMFP which was specifically created for AEC firms and enterprise businesses. With the HP Designjet T2300 eMFP, design professionals and enterprise businesses are now able to easily scan and upload documents to the web and print drawings wherever needed (6) – from project team meetings at the main office to reviews with clients and even at the remote sites. With two online media rolls and simultaneous copy and scan functions, the HP Designjet T2300 eMFP is designed to improve productivity at each of these locations by accommodating multiple projects at the same time.
- Simplify your entire printing process for technical drawings with the HP ePrint & Share platform which works together with the HP Designjet T2300 eMFP. Available through HP ePrintCenter, an online hub for all HP customers to create a custom printing experience, HP ePrint & Share allows architects, geographical information professionals and urban development planners to easily locate and access their plans, adjust page layouts, preview print pages and create print-ready files from a single screen. Users also can upload files with a single click while printing is in process to quickly and easily share designs with remote project teams.(7)
- Achieve high productivity with significant cost reduction with the HP Designjet T7100 Printer. Designed for central reprographic departments in enterprises and reproduction houses. The printer streamlines print production for customers needing to print in monochrome and color – from simple CAD drawings to high-quality presentations. With a competitively low total cost of ownership, the printer provides an alternative to devices that print only in monochrome or color and light-emitting diode (LED) technologies, which can be expensive to maintain. The HP Designjet T7100 Printer is available in monochrome or color versions.
Deliver high-quality output with the Industry’s Fastest Production(5) Photo Printer
A true workhouse that is designed to meet the rigorous needs of customers, it delivers high speed and productivity on every application including those that demand the best quality.
- Designed for photo labs, digital print shops, advertising agencies, design firms and commercial printers, the HP Designjet Z6200 Photo Printer series delivers photo-quality prints with a resolution of 2,400 dots per image (dpi) and versatility for indoor applications from line drawings, geographic information systems (GSI) Maps, photographic output to signage prints. It is also 50 percent faster than its predecessor, the HP Designjet Z6100 Printer, with speeds up to 1,500 square feet per hour.
- The new HP Vivid Photo Inks offer improved scratch resistance, gloss levels and gloss uniformity and a wider color gamut with deeper blacks than previous HP inks. The printer’s 8-ink printing system also features HP Chromatic Red ink, which enables up to 88 percent PANTONE® coverage,(8) and greater ink efficiency with the ability to print the same output using up to 44 percent less ink than preceding HP technologies.
Innovations beyond printing enable an end-to-end communication experience
HP is also announcing an enhanced software solution that redefines convenience with the HP Instant Printing Pro accessory. With this accessory, customers can preview, edit and print files without opening applications or adjusting driver settings.
More information about the latest additions to the HP Designjet portfolio is available at www.hp.com/go/collaborate. Videos and insights from beta customers using the HP Designjet T2300 PostScript eMFP and HP ePrint & Share also are available on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HPdesigners.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
Note to editors: More news from HP, including links to RSS feeds, is available at http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/
(1) Internet connection is needed.
(2) With the availability of internet access (LAN and wireless)
(3) Available on 1st Nov 2010. Upgradeable functionality will be available in late 2011. Feature works with any internet- and email- capable device. Chinese, Korean and Japanese versions will also be available in late 2011. Details at www.hp.com/go/collaborate
(4) The HP Designjet T7100 Printer offers up to 66 percent lower total cost of ownership over three years against competitive color devices and up to 50 percent against competitive monochrome solutions, based on HP internal testing.
(5) Based on published manufacturer specifications as of June 2010, comparing large format printers in its price class.
(6) Internet connection is needed.
(7) Upgradeable functionality will be available late 2011. May require an internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any internet- and email- capable device. Chinese, Korean and Japanese versions will also be available in late 2011. Details at www.hp.com/go/collaborate.
(8) Eighty-eight percent coverage of PANTONE MATCHING SYSTEM® and PANTONE GOE® systems, based on HP internal testing.
© 2010 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice.
HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.