HP Delivers Simplified Virtualization Solutions for Small and Midsize Businesses
ASIA PACIFIC, September 9, 2010 – HP todayannounced solutions to help small and midsize businesses (SMBs)maximize IT resource efficiency and increase business productivityby simplifying the path to virtualization.
- HP Insight with Microsoft System Center Essentials2010(1)enables SMBs that have already implemented virtualization tofurther simplify management with a common tool. This reducescomplexity and overhead costs. Through one console, ITadministrators can streamline all elements of physical and virtualdevice management such as hardware, operating system andapplication monitoring. In addition, the device offers SMBs easysoftware, driver and firmware updates as well as deployments.Through the tool, organizations can also create, place and migratevirtual machines.
- HP intends to extend this solution over time to include HPBusiness Technology Optimization (BTO) SiteScope agentless softwareso clients can easily manage non-Microsoft operating systems,hypervisors and applications.
- HP P4000 Virtual SANAppliance(VSA)(2) software providesshared storage with high availability for virtual servers. Itoffers scalability, data protection, remote replication anddisaster recovery capabilities to clients who have virtualizedtheir server infrastructures and are looking for a cost-effective,easy way to add shared storage. The P4000 VSA leverages clients’existing IT resources by using multiple servers’ direct-attacheddisk storage and converting it into a SAN that can be used by anyserver on the network. The HP P4000 VSA features integration withMicrosoft® Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS), which takes snapshotsof the data for backup and recovery. It also provides investmentprotection by seamlessly scaling to a P4000 physical SAN solutionas business needs grow.
- HP Virtualization Smart Bundles withMicrosoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2(3) simplify deployment for SMBs who areconsidering virtualization for their physical servers and storage.The bundles consist of an optimized combination of servers,internal or external storage, as well as optional HP networkingcomponents. They deliver complete virtualization environments thatfit clients’ budget constraints and high-availability requirements.With the bundles, clients can avoid complicated configurationdecisions.
- HP will provide support services for HP Insight withSystems Center Essentials 2010, enabling SMBs to manage virtual and physicalresources with consistent processes.
"Smalland midsize businesses are looking for new virtual solutions thatoffer greater simplicity and increased productivity withoutadditional costs," Stephen Bovis, Vice President and GeneralManager, Industry Standard Servers, HP Asia Pacific and Japan."With HP’s new virtual SAN appliance support for Microsoft Hyper-Vand enhanced management integration between HP and Microsoftofferings, clients can deploy and manage technology while they stayfocused on their business."
"We’rehelping small and midsized organizations adopt technology thathelps optimize IT productivity so employees can be more productiveand drive growth," said Garth Fort, general manager, Management andSecurity Division, Microsoft Corp. "Together we’re deliveringeasy-to-use solutions that help reduce energy consumption, IT laborand hardware costs, and streamline control of physical and virtualdesktops and servers."
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have ameaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society.The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together aportfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software,services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. Moreinformation about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available athttp://www.hp.com.
- HP Insight with Microsoft System Center Essentials 2010will be available in APJ at the end of 2010
- Currently available in APJ
- Currently available in APJ
Microsoft is a U.S. registered trademark ofMicrosoft Corp.
Thisnews advisory contains forward-looking statements that involverisks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks oruncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, theresults of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differmaterially from those expressed or implied by such forward-lookingstatements and assumptions. All statements other than statements ofhistorical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-lookingstatements, including but not limited to statements of the plans,strategies and objectives of management for future operations; anystatements concerning expected development, performance or marketshare relating to products and services; any statements regardinganticipated operational and financial results; any statements ofexpectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlyingany of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions includemacroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the execution andperformance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers andpartners; the achievement of expected operational and financialresults; and other risks that are described in HP’s QuarterlyReport on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended April 30, 2010and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission,including but not limited to HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K forthe fiscal year ended October 31, 2009. HP assumes no obligationand does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© Hewlett-Packard Asia Pacific Pte Ltd.Registration No.: 198703164G. The information contained herein issubject to change without notice.The only warranties for HP products and services areset forth in the express warranty statements accompanying suchproducts and services. Nothing herein should be construed asconstituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable fortechnical or editorial errors or omissions containedherein.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.