HP Helps SMBs ‘Make it Count’ by Delivering Printing Cost Savings and Energy Use Savings of Up To 50 Percent(1, 2, 3) with New Printer Lineup and Solutions
Singapore, March 19, 2009 – HP today announced its comprehensive suite of printing solutions and programs to help small and medium businesses (SMBs) obtain more value from their IT investments in this challenging economic climate. Aimed at helping SMBs urgently address increasing budgetary pressures, the new suite of printing solutions and programs enables SMBs todrive down printing costs and to reduce energy use, leverage print management tools to further reduce costs, and renew their printer fleet.
Highlights of today’s announcement include:
“When everything counts for cost-cutting in today’s challenging business environment, HP wants to do our part in helping SMB customers to alleviate the considerable cost and cash-flow pressures and better manage their imaging and printing costs with our innovative portfolio of print solutions, tools and programs”, said Janice Lim, General Manager, Imaging and Printing Group, HP Singapore. “Today’s announcements further demonstrate our commitment to SMB customers and exemplify how we are helping them get more results from their technology investments.”
Significant cost savings with new HP printers
For customers who want laser speeds at as little as half the price(1), HP introduced the new range of HP Officejet Pro printers delivers archive quality(8) and water-resistant(9) color documents for up to 50 percent less cost-per-page and energy use than competing lasers(1, 2, 3). Infotrends’ recent findings confirmed that customers “can save as much as 50 percent on total printing costs—in some cases even more” when comparing total printing costs for Officejet Pro 8000/8500 series and Officejet 6500 series relative to comparable laser products(2). And tests by Buyer Labs showed that the HP Officejet Pro 8500 and 6500 series printers consume about 50 percent less electricity than the Samsung CLX-3175FN and 70 percent less electricity than the Dell 2135cn printers(3). The HP Officejet Pro 8500 and 8000 series printers debut the newly formulated HP Officejet pigment inks that are like liquid laser toner, designed to deliver vivid colors, bold blacks, as well as enduring archive quality documents that are water-resistant, particularly when used with papers featuring ColorLok technology(8).
The new printers enhance performance and reliability with embedded wired and wireless networking(10), an intuitive 3.45-inch touchscreen LCD(11), and provide fast print speeds(12, 13) of up to 35 pages per minute (ppm) for black and up to 34 ppm for color printing – cutting down wait times and improving business productivity.
They also include features such as automatic two-sided printing to help reduce paper consumption across the organization by up to half.
HP’s next generation of office ink printing technology offers affordable printing with high capacity, individual ink cartridges, allowing users to replace each ink cartridge separately as needed. The new HP Officejet and HP Officejet Pro lineup encompasses:
HP is also launching the new mono HP LaserJet P2030 and P2050 Printer series which feature fast print speeds of up to 35 ppm and produce high quality business documents at an affordable price. A fast and compact black-and-white printing solution for small work teams in enterprise and SMB environments, the HP LaserJet P2050 Printer series enables high productivity through supplies and device manageability, networking and security features, and standard two-sided printing(14). The HP LaserJet P2030 Printer is a high-performance monochrome laser printer that offers fast print speeds, professional-quality output and flexible connectivity options at an affordable price.
SMB customers can also extend the life of existing printers with the HP Care Pack service. With unlimited standard warranty during the coverage period, such services will help protect customer investments and enable them to maximize the uptime of their imaging and printing solutions, enjoy high service quality and increase business productivity.
HP LaserJets offer considerable energy savings
Cost-saving opportunities can be found by utilizing HP innovations to reduce energy usage. Significant energy savings by HP printer fleets are made possible by breakthrough technologies, such as HP’s Instant-on Technology(5) in HP LaserJet devices that provides up to 50 percent energy savings over traditional fusing while providing a first page-out in seconds – up to four times faster than competitive products. HP’s Instant-on Technology with LED-based technology, requires four times less energy when idle and 1.4 times less energy when copying.
Reap further cost savings with current printer fleet through HP industry leading print management solutions
SMB customers can further drive down their operating costs by putting in place controls to better manage color printing and duplex printing by harnessing HP’s powerful print management and workflow tools. HP Color Access Control helps businesses manage and track color usage for better cost management by controlling access to employees who can print in color.
According to Gartner’s report(15) , “Organizations can potentially reduce annual paper costs by at least 30% by selecting duplex printing as the default setting across the output fleet.” Customers can also look to make it easy to reduce paper consumption by deploying duplex-capable devices and setting duplex printing defaults at the network level using HP Web Jetadmin and HP Universal Print Driver.
Innovation to increase efficiencies, maximize productivity and reduce paper usage
HP can help streamline document-based workflows that lead to a reduction in paper usage, as well as contribute to greater productivity. HP Direct Digital Filing provides the ability for multiple users to scan and manage documents over a network and share scanned documents as e-mail attachments without using any extra software. HP Direct Digital Filing also allows different scan settings to be set up for different destinations. Scanning to e-mail is another efficient way of digitizing and transmitting paper-based documents. HP’s powerful digital sending technology enables users to convert paper documents to digital format for fast, easy transmission the network. At the touch of a button, documents can be sent by e-mail or dispatched to fax machines, files, PCs, network folders or distribution lists.
SMB customers can also choose the new HP Scanjet 5000 and 7000 series which feature high speeds and advanced paper handling, improving workflows with a duplex-capable scanner that can serve as a standalone document management system or easily integrate into an existing document management and workflow system. HP Scanjets and HP multifunction printers provide a suite of technologies that includes scan-to-email and digital filing functionalities, helping to streamline business processes and seamless archival of information.
HP, the world’s largest technology company, simplifies the technology experience for consumers and businesses with a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com. .
(1) Cost-per-page (CPP) and energy-savings claims are based, as of June 2008, on select industry-leading color laser AiOs less than US$600 when using HP Officejet Pro products with high-capacity cartridges. Energy use is also based on the manufacturers’ stated power consumption when printing and the TEC test method. Test methods may vary. For details, visit www.hp.com/go/officejet. .
(2)InfoTrends was commissioned by HP to conduct a comparative evaluation of HP's claims of total printing costs for Officejet Pro 8000/8500 series and Officejet 6500 series relative to comparable laser products
(3) Buyers Laboratory Inc was commissioned by HP to conduct a comparative evaluation of the HP Officejet 6500 and HP Officejet Pro 8500 series printers versus the Dell 2135cn and Samsung CLX-3175FN printers.
(4) Based on average worldwide pricing as of February 2009, pricing may vary by countries.
(5) Save up to 50% on energy use with an HP business printer and HP LaserJet devices with Instant-On Technology. Compared to laser printers and AiOs that use traditional fusing, June 2008. Energy use based on HP testing using the ENERGY STAR® program's TEC test method criteria]. Instant-on Technology uses cutting-edge fuser technology to produce the first page faster when a printer is coming out of low power mode. An InfoTrends study shows the typical office print job is three to five pages long: www.infotrends.com/public/Content/Presentations/officeprinteruse.pdf. Based on normal lack print on A4 sized paper. Actual results may vary.. Based on normal lack print on A4 sized paper. Actual results may vary.
(6) A minimum total purchase amount of $5000 is required for this programme and is applicable to selected range of HP LaserJet printers only. Original HP Printing supplies and HP Care Packs can be added on at no more than 20% of the total purchase amount. Hire purchase and leasing options are available.
(7) Based on internal HP studies using the HP 4000, 4050 and 4100 printer models compared to the HP P4015 LaserJet printer series.
(8) Based on HP internal testing using a range of plain papers, including papers with the ColorLok logo. For Details, go to www.hp.com/go/printpermanence..
(9) When using pigment inks. Based on HP internal testing, using papers with the ColorLok logo.
(10) Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point.
(11) 3.45-inch color touchscreen LCD available on the HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless All-in-One.
(12) Details are available at www.hp.com/go/inkjetprinter. .
(13) Based on ppm measured using FDIS ISO/IEC 24734. Standard applies to inkjet and laser products and excludes first set of test documents.
(14) Available on the P2055dn only.
(15) "Organizations can potentially reduce annual paper costs by at least 30% by selecting duplex printing as the default setting across the output fleet." – Gartner, "Cost-Cutting Initiatives for Office Printing", Sharon McNee, Ken Weilerstein, 22 Feb 2008.
© 2009 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.