HP Ushers in New Computing Era With Next Generation Consumer PCs That Combine Exciting Windows 10 Experiences, Powerful Intel® Processors and HP’s Breakthrough New Form Factors and Designs
BARCELONA, Oct. 7, 2015 — Continuing its drumbeat of innovation, HP today announced more than a dozen breakthrough new products, including an enhanced convertible, a beautiful premium detachable, 3D experiences and a one-of-a-kind curved all-in-one that ushers in a new era of personal computing.
Working closely with Intel and Microsoft, HP is delivering innovation that converges the very best of Windows 10(1) experiences, like Hello and Continuum,(2) with 6th Gen Intel® Core™ processors(3) and HP’s innovative hardware designs to deliver unprecedented computing experiences.
With over half a billion PCs in the world that are more than 4 years old, the time for exciting new form factors, leading-edge design and powerful devices is now. The new HP devices are nearly half the weight, a third the height and nearly twice the battery life versus their older counterparts and offer incomparable experiences to aged devices.
Consumer response to Windows 10 has been extremely positive, with over 110 million devices running Windows 10 worldwide since its launch in July. Windows 10 is the fastest, most personal and secure Windows ever – providing a new level of personalization that allows people to be productive and entertained.
Sixth Gen Intel® Core™ processors(3) deliver great graphics, outstanding battery life and increased flexibility. HP’s deep understanding of consumer computing needs allows it to combine these benefits with its hardware prowess to deliver a comprehensive set of products that address customer needs like never before.
“This is an incredibly exciting time in the personal systems space with major advances in technology and design,” said Ron Coughlin, senior vice president, Personal Systems, HP. “The breakthrough products we are announcing today come as a result of three technology leaders – HP, Intel and Microsoft – coming together to bring excitement back to the personal systems space with powerful innovation and incredible experiences for our consumers.”
“Windows 10 is built to help people do great things, with features like Cortana, a personal assistant that goes with you from device to device; Windows Hello, so you never have to remember a password again; and Microsoft Edge, for personal and productive web browsing, said Terry Myerson, executive vice president of the Windows and Devices Group, Microsoft Corp. “We worked hand-in-hand with HP to deliver this innovative portfolio of new devices that will bring the very best of Windows 10 to life for people worldwide.”
“Intel has collaborated closely with HP to introduce amazing innovation and experiences to consumers and business users,” said Kirk Skaugen, senior vice president and general manager, Client Computing Group, Intel. “HP’s new lineup of 2-in-1s, notebooks and All-in-One desktops showcase the incredible performance, power efficiency, immersive experiences, and range of sleek designs that 6th Gen Intel Core processors make possible.”
No matter the form factor – thin and light notebooks, versatile 2-in-1s, powerful desktops and all-in-ones – today’s PCs let people consume and create in a way that is unique to them – the definition of personal computing. Among the new HP products that will help drive new experiences for customers include:
- The widest curved all-in-one in the world,* the HP ENVY Curved All-in-One features a 34- inch diagonal Technicolor Certified display for a completely new immersive experience. The all-in-one features Intel® RealSense™(4) technology to enable Windows Hello.(2)
- HP’s thinnest notebook ever, the HP ENVY notebook gives customers big power with 6th Gen Intel® Core™ processors(3) in a 13.3 inch diagonal notebook that is only 12.95 millimeters, much thinner than the diameter of a dime, and weighs under 3 pounds.(5)
- The beautiful and sleek HP Spectre x2 that combines a thin and light tablet design with the productivity of a notebook with a superior metal keyboard for the very best of both worlds. It is the first detachable to offer audio tuned by Bang & Olufsen for both dual speakers on the tablet and keyboard for great sound.
- HP Stream 11.6-Inch and 13.3-inch diagonal notebooks that raise the bar on the cloud-based windows PC category that HP and Microsoft created last year with a new slimmer designs, vibrant colors and the addition of Intel processors
Additional information on these new HP products can be found in the following press releases and on the HP Consumer PCs for Holiday launch press kit located at: www.hp.com/go/Holiday2015PCs.
*Based on curved screen, consumer All-in-One’s as of June 22, 2015.
(1) Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers, software or BIOS update to take full advantage of Windows functionality. Windows 10 is automatically updated, which is always enabled. ISP fees may apply and additional requirements may apply over time for updates. See http://www.microsoft.com.
(2) Some features including Windows Hello and Continuum require more advanced hardware. See www.hp.com/go/windows10upgrade and www.windows.com/windows10upgrade. Pre-release product shown, subject to change. Apps sold separately.
(3) Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing system required. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
(4) Features may require software or other 3rd party applications to provide the described functionality. Some or all of the features may be unavailable or under development in your market. See http://www.intel.com/realsense for more information.
(5) Actual weight will vary by configuration.
© Copyright 2015Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.
Intel and Intel Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
© 2015 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of HP for future operations, including the separation transaction; the future performance of Hewlett-Packard Enterprise and HP Inc. if the separation is completed; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP’s businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; risks associated with executing HP’s strategy, including the planned separation transaction, and plans for future operations and investments; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third-party suppliers and the distribution of HP’s products and services effectively; the protection of HP’s intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP’s international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers, clients and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the execution, timing and results of the separation transaction or restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost (including any possible disruption of HP’s business) and the anticipated benefits of implementing the separation transaction and restructuring plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2015, and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
Kontakty dla mediów
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.