HP Introduces Industry’s Thinnest and Lightest Workstation Ultrabooks
PALO ALTO, Calif., Jan. 5, 2015 – HP today introduced the industry’s thinnest and lightest workstation Ultrabooks™ (1), the HP ZBook 14 and 15u. HP also announced its next-generation virtual workstation and enhancements to its Remote Graphics Software.
The new products:
- HP ZBook 14 and 15u Workstation Ultrabooks: With an unprecedented sleek and stylish design, these customizable workstations deliver impressive professional 3D graphics, high-performance/breakthrough storage and outstanding performance even for the most demanding applications.
- The HP DL380z Virtual Workstation: Providing a true workstation experience, combined with end-to-end security, optimized IT management, and access to applications from almost any endpoint device, from virtually anywhere.
- HP Remote Graphics Software (RGS) 7.1: Delivering faster performance for workstation or server-based graphic-rich applications and collaboration remotely in real time from any PC, thin client or Windows® tablet.
“Our new workstation Ultrabooks demonstrate our unwavering commitment to professional customers and the need for light, first-class mobile workstations to augment the design workflow,” said Jim Zafarana, vice president and general manager, Commercial Solutions Business Unit, HP. “HP mobile, desktop and virtual workstations are the innovation engines of companies around the globe, designing everything from automobiles to block-buster movies.”
ZBook Mobile Workstations Aid Digital Innovation
The second-generation ZBook 14 and 15u have a 14-inch or 15.6-inch diagonal high-performance screen size respectively, and are customizable workstations equipped with Microsoft Windows 8.1, 5th-generation Intel® Core™ processors, professional AMD FirePro™ 3D graphics. The ZBook 14 has optional touch display and intuitive 10-point multi-touch full-HD screen options. Adding to the market share–leading HP Z Workstation portfolio, the new HP ZBook Mobile Workstations offer availability of certified workstation applications from Adobe®, Autodesk, Avid, Dassault, ESRI, SolidWorks, Siemens and many others.
Both ZBook Mobile Workstation models provide up to 16 GB of memory(2) and up to 1.25 TB of storage(3), plus HP Z Turbo Drive (PCIe connected solid-state storage) for 2X the performance of SATA SSD. The durable and reliable HP ZBook Mobile Workstations are designed to undergo MIL-STD(4) 810G testing and underwent 115,000 hours of testing in the HP Total Test Process.
Today, digital innovations and the ongoing move from 2D to 3D have created an explosion of digital content and new demands on video and graphics tools. HP Z products are designed to meet the users in the film/video editing, graphic design, CAD, education, architecture, manufacturing, finance and healthcare markets.
Virtual Workstation Optimized for IT
The HP DL380z Virtual Workstation Gen 9 provides Z Workstation power with datacenter security and access from virtually anywhere. The DL380z offers an increase in power, more integrated I/O and an enhanced chassis with more expandability than the previous generation. Users will experience vibrant high-end 3D graphics performance due in part to the latest suite of professional graphics, including NVIDIA GRID™ cards. The DL380z has an innovative 2U rack mount, is powered by next-generation Intel E5 v3 processors with up to 36 cores(5), up to 3.5 GHz; up to 1.5 TB DDR4 2133 MHz memory(6) and operates with a Windows and Linux® Client OS.
HP Virtual Workstations support Citrix® and VMware® virtualized environments, designed for centrally controlled deployment and management for different user profiles with flexible provisioning and multiple configuration options. Central management helps keep sensitive data out of the wrong hands by only transmitting encrypted pixel data over LAN or WAN. Coupled with HP RGS, the DL380z delivers great interactivity, even over long distances and poor network connections thanks to HP Velocity WAN optimization software, included with HP RGS or HP Thin clients.
Remote Graphics Software Boosts Remote Editing
With HP RGS(7) 7.1, HP is responding with a 60 percent boost in performance to the already best-in-class remote graphics software. Media and entertainment workstation customers with higher resolution displays and the need for perfect image playback, now can do all editing remotely without limitations. RGS 7.1 also allows native Wacom tablet redirection to Linux at animation and FX studios across the country for collaboration between studios and remote offices to speed up the digital editing and content creation process.
Price and Availability
- The HP ZBook 14 and 15u Workstation Ultrabook products are expected to be available worldwide beginning January. Estimated U.S. pricing starts at $1,249 and $1,199, respectively.
- The HP DL380z Virtual Workstation is available now. Pricing is available upon request.
- HP Remote Graphics Software 7.1 is expected to begin shipping on HP Z Desktop and Mobile ZBook Workstations starting in April 2015 and will be available as a free download for existing HP Z Workstation customers at the same time. It will also be available to purchase for use on all other supported hardware.
(1) Not all configurations will qualify as Ultrabooks.TM
(2) Maximum memory capacities assume Windows 64-bit operating systems or Linux. With Windows 32-bit operating systems, memory above 3 GB may not all be available due to system resource requirements. Actual memory speeds dependent on processor capability.
(3) For storage drives, 1 GB = 1 billion bytes. 1 TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 36 GB of disk space is reserved for system recovery software.
(4) MIL STD testing is pending and is not intended to demonstrate fitness for U.S. Department of Defense contract requirements or for military use. Test results are not a guarantee of future performance under these test conditions.
(5) Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing system required. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
(6) Each processor supports up to 4 channels of DDR4 memory. To realize full performance at least 1 DIMM must be inserted into each channel. Actual memory speeds dependent on processor capability.
(7) HP Remote Graphics Software requires Windows and an internet connection.
Intel, Core and Ultrabook are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries. Citrix® is a registered trademark of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. NVIDIA and GRID are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation in the U.S and other countries.
© 2014 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of HP for future operations, including the separation transaction; the future performance if Hewlett-Packard Enterprise and HP Inc. if the separation is completed; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP’s businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; risks associated with executing HP’s strategy, including the planned separation transaction, and plans for future operations and investments; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third-party suppliers and the distribution of HP’s products and services effectively; the protection of HP’s intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP’s international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers, clients and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the execution, timing and results of the separation transaction or restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost (including any possible disruption of HP’s business) and the anticipated benefits of implementing the separation transaction and restructuring plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2013, and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2014. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
Kontakty dla mediów
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Informacje o HP
Firma HP tworzy nowe możliwości, dzięki którym technologia zmienia życie ludzi i funkcjonowanie firm, rządów i społeczności. HP, największa na świecie firma w branży produkcji technologii, oferuje drukarki, komputery osobiste, oprogramowanie, usługi oraz infrastrukturę informatyczną w celu rozwiązania problemów klientów. Więcej informacji na temat firmy HP (NYSE: HPQ) jest dostępnych pod adresem: http://www.hp.com.