HP Helps Small and Midsize Businesses Gain Competitive Edge and Lower Costs
The new offerings are an expansion of the HP Total Care portfolio, which helps SMBs manage, protect and grow their businesses.
“In today’s tough economic climate, SMBs are looking for ways to cut and contain costs. However, businesses also recognize that they cannot neglect business considerations such as security and productivity,” said Leong Han Kong, Vice-President, LaserJet and Enterprise Solutions, Imaging and Printing Group, HP Asia Pacific and Japan. “HP continues to invest in enriching our Total Care offerings to meet the expanding needs of our SMB customers, placing them in a stronger position to seize growth opportunities and thrive as the economy rebounds.”
“AMI has surveyed thousands of SMBs in over a dozen countries over the last four quarters. While their sentiments about the economic performance have improved somewhat for the next quarter, the depth and duration of economic distress they experienced have forever changed the way SMBs purchase their technology products and services,” said Venu Reddy, Director at the Singapore office of the strategy consulting firm AMI-Partners. “Even as they come out of the deep recession, they will try to protect their existing technology investments. Their new investments will focus on trying to strengthen their networks and expanding their storage infrastructures that scale to meet their anticipated business growth and strengthen their customer relationships. HP is well-prepared to help SMB customers achieve this well balanced growth because of its comprehensive Total Care portfolio.”
- The HP Total Care Business Risk Mitigation solution offers customizable configurations of servers, storage, networking and security to help SMBs significantly improve system availability while reducing the risks associated with security breaches and data loss. Solutions directed at avoiding these risks can help reduce outages by as much as 85 percent.(1)
- SMBs can minimize data loss risks by managing and protecting their file and application data with the HP StorageWorks X3000 Network Storage Systems High Availability Bundles. Based on the HP StorageWorks X3000 Network Storage Gateways and HP StorageWorks MSA2000 G2 storage arrays, the bundles efficiently manage data through built-in elimination of duplicate files, replication and protection against drive failures, all of which reduce setup time by up to 50 percent.(2) SMBs can also keep costs in check by not paying extra license fees for networking protocols, file replication or snapshot capabilities.
- The HP StorageWorks X500 Data Vault makes data management affordable and helps small businesses remain competitive by protecting critical business data, easily sharing files regardless of location and automating backups. It enables small businesses with up to 10 PC and Mac clients to easily store information in a central place. Business owners also save money through a low purchase price that starts at US$699 and can be up to 22 percent less than comparable solutions.(3,4)
- HP Smart Print Services (SPS), its channel-led Managed Print Services (MPS), continue to enable SMBs to optimize and manage their office printing environment, thereby helping SMB customers to achieve potential cost savings of up to 30 percent, while simplifying the management of their imaging and printing environment. HP SPS allows SMBs to enjoy cost transparency with a usage-based payment model, and maintenance, service and support levels delivered by professionals. SMB customers will enjoy improved staff productivity and asset optimization by freeing up IT staff from managing IT devices. This channel-led MPS model was first launched in Asia Pacific last year and is delivered by HP-qualified Office Printing Solutions (OPS) partners, a subset of HP’s commercial partners.
- HP Value Track Manager, a free packaged solution with HP SPS, helps businesses gain greater control over print job accounting. Allowing SMBs to monitor, track and report all network print job activities, HP Value Track Manager provides accurate and up-to-date information on print jobs, including usage volume and patterns. The network-based HP Value Track Manager solution automates reporting, providing in-depth cost information and customized data help SMBs target waste, forecast future printing needs, and allocate printing costs to appropriate parties.
- Additionally, SMBs who currently use dedicated devices for their printing, faxing, copying and scanning needs can achieve significant cost savings by optimizing their imaging and printing infrastructure through device consolidation. Recent research showed that by choosing an HP LaserJet All-in-One printer to replace individual devices, SMBs can potentially achieve 100 percent return-on-investment every month(5). The qualitative research was based on the collected information on current usage and consumption, calculated monthly expenditure of SMBs’ printing, faxing, copying and scanning, which covers consumables, electricity, real estate, productivity, maintenance and leasing of devices.
- The HP ProCurve 1810G Switch Series, an affordable, simple-to-use network infrastructure that helps SMBs reduce costs and improve productivity. Customers can easily upgrade to Gigabit network speeds and configure and maintain the network with the intuitive web user interface. The switches also include a choice of deployment options including flexible mounting options, a fan-less design for silent operation and a Power-over-Ethernet model for connectivity in locations without readily available power supplies.
- The HP ProBook 5310m Notebook PC (starting at US$699)(3), the world’s thinnest full-performance notebook at 0.9-inches thin and 1.72 kilos, solves the need for an affordable, lightweight notebook that doesn’t compromise on performance. Ideal for mobile SMBs, it delivers seven hours of battery life,(6) sports a 13.3-inch diagonal LED high-definition (HD) display and a standard voltage processor. HP QuickWeb allows users to access the web in seconds when the notebook is shut down.(7) Additionally, HP QuickLook 3 allows users to read and edit e-mails, calendar entries and contacts without having to boot up the notebook.
- HP SkyRoom is the only affordable videoconferencing HD-quality solution to offer live real-time collaboration for up to four people with no subscription fees over a standard business network. Users in different locations can share any type of application including office documents, streaming video and interactive 3D applications to collaborate spontaneously and frequently as if they were sharing the same desktop. HP SkyRoom will be included as a standard feature – at no cost – on select HP business desktop and mobile workstations and for free for a trial period on many upcoming HP premium business PCs and notebooks. Companies now have the power to change the economics of travel and reduce their carbon footprint while preserving the value of personal human interaction.
- The HP Officejet 6000 Printer series delivers professional-quality prints at fast speeds and offers up to 40 percent less cost per page and energy use than comparable laser printers (8). The printer also offers a multitude of features including embedded wired networking to enhance productivity in a small or home office.
- The HP Officejet 7000 Wide Format Printer is HP’s first entry-level, wide-format printer with individual inks. Ideal for creating business documents and marketing collateral, it delivers professional color documents and photo-quality, borderless prints at the lowest cost per page versus in-class inkjets(9). With the ability to create eye-catching borderless prints up to 13 x 19 inches, this versatile printer is ideal for micro and small businesses that need to create everyday business documents and marketing collateral in variety of sizes – from postcards to poster-size prints.
- A line of hardware, supplies and services products priced and structured specifically for the contractual sales.
- Greater investment in business tools and programs that enable reseller partners to offer MPS to their customers; and
- Certified solutions for the channel that include partner training, product sourcing and technical support for select Independent Software Vendor (ISV) solutions from HP’s Solutions Business Partner Program.
- Tools for channel partners through the HP Eco Solutions program, to collaborate with customers to help them reduce their environmental impact and save money. The tools include software, hardware, services and expertise, such as the Green IT Action Plan, Change Management kits, and the HP Carbon Footprint Calculator.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.