HP Introduces Industry’s First “Plug and Print” Laser Printers
PALO ALTO, Calif. -- HP today bolstered the HP LaserJet Pro printer line with a new ”plug and print” technology that allows customers to begin printing in as little as two minutes by simply connecting a netbook, notebook or desktop PC to the printer with a USB cable – no CD required.
New monochrome printers featuring HP Smart Install include the HP LaserJet Pro P1100 Printer series – the most energy-efficient laser printer on the planet(1) – the HP LaserJet Pro M1130/M1210 Multifunction Printer (MFP) series and the HP LaserJet Pro P1566/P1606dn Printer series.
HP also unveiled the HP Scanjet Professional 1000 Mobile Scanner, the company’s first portable scanner for fast, on-the-go scanning without the need for batteries or an AC adapter.
“Our customers demand easy printing and we’re giving it to them – no clumsy CD-ROMs to install, no drivers to download,” said Ron Coughlin, senior vice president, LaserJet and Enterprise Solutions, Imaging and Printing Group, HP. “HP Smart Install offers the future of printing, today.”
HP LaserJet printers with Smart Install
The new HP LaserJet Pro lineup features a sleek, black finish and delivers professional, cost-effective results while enabling small and midsize businesses (SMBs) to reduce their environmental impact.
The printers feature new HP Auto-On Technology, which intelligently senses activity – such as when a print job is sent to the printer – and awakens the device automatically from “off” mode.(2) It complements HP Auto-Off Technology, which automatically adjusts the power settings and turns the printer off when there is no print activity.
With HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology, the new HP LaserJet P1100 Printer series can save up to 72 percent on energy costs versus its predecessor.(3) The printers also use Original HP LaserJet print cartridges with energy-efficient toner for energy savings of up to 35 percent on every page versus earlier products.(4)
- The affordable, ultracompact HP LaserJet Pro P1100 Printer series ($129-$149),(5) features wireless functionality(6) and is the company’s smallest, most affordable laser printer. Offering fast print speeds, professional print quality, an intuitive control panel and HP Auto-On/Auto-Off technology, HP LaserJet P1102 and P1102w printers help customers affordably increase efficiency.
- Ranging in price from $149 to $199,(5) the HP LaserJet Pro M1130/M1210 MFP series is one of the lowest-priced full-featured laser MFPs on the market. The compact MFP series includes four models with embedded Ethernet connectivity and energy-saving features such as HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology and HP Instant-on Copy. In addition, the series enables SMBs to copy a duplex ID onto one page with ID Copy.
- The HP LaserJet Pro P1566 Printer ($179)(5) and HP LaserJet Pro P1606dn Printer ($229)(5) offer exceptional quality, performance and value for SMBs. With fast print speeds, automatic duplexing to save paper, and embedded Ethernet connectivity,(7) these new desktop printers enable customers to enhance productivity for everyday tasks.
The HP LaserJet Pro P1102w and P1606dn Printers are available now for purchase worldwide, while the HP LaserJet Pro P1102 and P1566 Printer models are available now for purchase in Asia and Europe. The HP LaserJet Pro M1100/1200 MFP series is expected to be available for purchase worldwide next month.
In addition, the company is unveiling HP LaserJet Black Print Cartridge Dual Packs to help SMBs reduce the cost of high-volume printing. Beginning next month, dual packs for the HP LaserJet P2055 Printer series, HP LaserJet P1505 Printer series and HP LaserJet P1005/P1006 Printers will be available worldwide except in China and India, where dual packs for the HP LaserJet P1007/P1008 Printer will be available.
HP’s first scanner for mobile professionals
Weighing only 1.4 pounds, the ultracompact, portable HP Scanjet Professional 1000 Mobile Scanner ($249)(5) enables business customers to scan documents in the office, at client locations or in the field. Featuring HP Instant-on Scanning Technology to save energy, the scanner can quickly scan two-sided documents in a variety of sizes and thicknesses, from embossed cards to long forms, and save them in different file formats.
The HP Scanjet Professional 1000 Mobile Scanner is available now for purchase worldwide.
Additional information on HP’s expanded imaging and printing portfolio for SMBs is available at www.hp.com/go/plugandprint.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com/.
(1) Energy consumed per page printed based on TEC measurements as reported by www.energystar.gov and www.eu-energystar.org as of March 2010. Methodology and actual test results may vary.
(2) HP Auto-On and Auto-Off capabilities subject to printer and settings.
(3) Compared to the HP LaserJet P1005 Printer.
(4) Energy savings calculation based on comparing similar class devices and conventional HP toner to new energy-efficient HP toner during printing. The stated energy consumption is divided by pages per minute based on printing a standard test page. Actual savings may vary.
(5) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
(6) Wireless performance is only available on the HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer. It is dependent upon the physical environment and distance from the access point.
(7) Automatic duplexing and embedded Ethernet connectivity is only available on the HP LaserJet Pro P1606dn Printer.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the achievement of expected operational and financial results; and other risks that are described in HP’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended January 31, 2010 and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2009. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2010 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Jim Christensen, HP: email@example.com
Natalia Sandin, Edelman for HP: firstname.lastname@example.org
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.