HP Presents Comprehensive Solutions for Digital Printing at Grafitalia 2009
Featuring a number of solutions exhibited for the first time in Italy, HP's portfolio is the broadest in the graphic arts market and includes a range of imaging technologies, workflow solutions and partner applications to provide advanced, end-to-end systems for print service providers (PSPs).
Among the solutions shown for the first time in Italy are the HP Indigo 7000 Digital Press for high-volume commercial work, and the HP Indigo WS6000 Digital Press for labels, shrink sleeves and flexible packaging applications.
Stand highlights include:
- The HP Indigo 7000 Digital Press - designed for print service providers with volumes greater than one million pages per month, this press offers seven colour duplex printing with production speeds up to 120 four-colour pages per minute.
- The HP Indigo WS6000 Digital Press - a high volume press for labels, shrink sleeve and flexible packaging production for converters printing 300,000 linear metres per month (single shift).
- The HP Scitex XP2750 Printer - expanding application versatility to print on both flexible and rigid substrates.
- The HP Designjet L65500 Printer - the first of a new category of large-format signage printers with HP Latex Inks that reduce the impact of printing on the environment and offer broad outdoor and indoor application versatility, while delivering quality and durability at high print speeds(1)
- The HP Scitex FB950 Printer - providing consistent high-quality POP/POS, trade show and event signage on virtually any rigid(2) or flexible media(3)
- The HP Designjet Z3200 Photo Printer - a 12 colour, 44" (1118mm) printer for gallery quality images with on-board X-Rite spectrophotometer for outstanding colour reproduction for photographers, GIS, commercial and proofing applications
- The HP Designjet Z6100 Printer series - delivers vivid, high-impact prints at maximum print speeds. The series is ideal for indoor and short-term outdoor banners and large format applications such as photos and fine art prints, drawings, maps and renders. Both the 42" and 60" (1067mm and 1524mm) models are being exhibited
- The HP Designjet Z2100 Photo Printer delivers superior colour accuracy and consistency with the first-ever embedded spectrophotometer(4) with i1 Color Technology. HP Vivera pigment inks produce vivid colour and black and white prints with easy, reliable, and predictable results
- The HP Designjet H35000 Printer series and HP Designjet H45500 Printer series -entry level UV printers for flexible and rigid applications
- Thermal inkjet solutions from HP Specialty Printing Systems' partners are also on the stand for security, mail and other applications
High volume commercial digital printing
The HP Indigo 7000 Digital Press delivers fast production speeds of 120 high-quality four-colour A4-size pages per minute, offering print service providers (PSPs) engaged in general commercial, direct-marketing, photo merchandise, and book and publications printing a versatile, one-of-a-kind digital solution. It is optimised to print large numbers of static jobs with run lengths ranging from one copy into the thousands, as well as variable-data work requiring the "every page is different" capabilities of digital. Designed to produce up to 3.5 million four-colour pages, or five million one- and two-colour pages, per month with true offset and photo quality, the 7000 Digital Press is targeted at customers with average monthly volumes in excess of one million pages, complementing the HP Indigo press 5500, which is aimed at customers with volumes in the range of 300,000 to one million pages. The 7000 Digital Press offers low total cost of ownership for customers exceeding the one million page level, significantly increasing the break-even point against offset(5).
The HP Indigo 7000 Digital Press achieves the same high print quality as the successful HP Indigo press 5500. The press offers up to 7-colour printing, providing the widest digital colour gamut with 4, 6 or 7-colour Pantone® emulation including Pantone Goe®, and off-press mixing of true spot colours.
New standards in digital label printing
With the introduction of the new HP Indigo WS6000 Digital Press, HP has established a portfolio of digital presses for label and packaging converters. The new WS6000 model addresses longer-run converting needs on jobs up to approximately 4,000 linear meters (13,000 linear feet), while the HP Indigo press ws4500 is targeted at shorter-run converting work. The WS6000 press is also designed for higher-volume users, and offers total cost of ownership (TCO) advantages on average monthly volume usage in excess of 300,000 linear meters (984,000 linear feet) per month.
The HP Indigo WS6000 Digital Press can print up to 7-colours, and includes a new improved white ink for printing on metallic label stock as well as flexible packaging. The press prints at 30 meters (~100 feet) per minute in four colours. Featuring the same high quality for which HP Indigo label and packaging presses are known, the WS6000 press prints on a broad range of media, including thinner flexible packaging substrates and folding carton media, as well as label and shrink sleeve media. The press' repeat length of 980mm (38.58") permits greater productivity and lower costs per label(6).
Powerful front-end and workflow solutions
The HP Indigo WS6000 Digital Press is driven by the new HP SmartStream Labels and Packaging solutions, Powered by EskoArtwork, which includes a new version digital front end created especially for the WS6000. This new HP SmartStream solution enables efficient file processing, outstanding colour capabilities, step-and-repeat work, and variable-data applications.
The new HP SmartStream Director offers powerful data handling for high volume variable data printing and JDF-enabled end-to-end workflow. The HP SmartStream Director carries out imposition colour management and RIPping as well as being capable of driving multiple HP Indigo presses.
Also part of the HP SmartStream portfolio, the HP Indigo Production Stream Server, Powered by Creo, is a robust Digital Front End (DFE) that addresses the demanding workflow needs of the commercial PSP, offering a comprehensive graphic arts feature set.
Taking a green attitude
The HP Designjet L65500 Printer is a thermal inkjet printer using odourless HP Latex Inks(7) to produce high quality indoor and outdoor applications up to 2.64m (104"), on a wide range of substrates, including most low-cost, uncoated, solvent-compatible media. With no need for special ventilation,(8) extremely low levels of VOCs and producing no hazardous waste,(9) the HP Designjet L65500 Printer not only reduces the total impact on the environment, but enables wide format printing to be carried out in locations where previously impossible. The HP 786 Designjet Printheads do not require daily, manual printhead maintenance,(10) and are user-replaceable, ensuring maximum production times.
Print speeds up to 35m2/hour (400ft2/hour) for indoor applications, and 70m2/hour (800ft2/hour) for outdoor work mean that the HP Designjet L65500 Printer can print up to 1200dpi with sharp text down to 4-points. Prints are scratch-, smudge- and water-resistant and offer a performance comparable to that of solvent-ink technology.(11)
High-quality prints and high productivity
The HP Scitex FB950 Printer is a robust flatbed UV printer that delivers high-quality prints and high productivity on virtually any rigid(2) or flexible media(3) for the production of durable outdoor and indoor applications, including POP/POS signage, tradeshow graphics, interior decorations, banners and street furniture. Designed to increase productivity and profitability with efficient media loading and the ability to print multiple sheets at the same time, the HP Scitex FB950 Printer enables PSPs to accommodate a greater range of customer requests and grow their businesses.
Driving large format creativity
The HP Designjet Z3200 Photo Printer is ideal for graphic designers, photo and fine art print service providers, commercial printers and photographers (available in 24in and 44in models (610mm and 1118mm)). The HP Designjet Z3200 delivers gallery-quality, black-and-white and colour photographs, art enlargements, large-format designs and high-accuracy proofs that stand out and survive the test of time with 12 HP Vivera pigment inks and a new HP 73 Chromatic Red.
The HP Designjet Z6100 Printer series (42 in and 60in models available (1067mm and 1524mm)) with HP Vivera pigment inks delivers accurate colour and outstanding image quality at maximum print speeds - ideal for printing on a range of applications, from technical maps to high-quality fine art. The HP DreamColor Technologies, HP Double Swath Technology and HP Optical Media Advance Sensor, make it easy to produce accurate, predictable and consistent colour across a series of digital colour devices.
Featuring the first-ever embedded spectrophotometer(4) with i1 Color Technology, the HP Z2100 Designjet (available in 24in and 44in models (610mm and 1118mm)) delivers superior colour accuracy and consistency. HP Vivera pigment inks produce vivid colour and black and white prints on matte or glossy papers, providing pre-press professionals, designers and photographers with an easy-to-use, versatile large-format printing solution.
The HP Scitex XP2750 Printer is a 3.2m (10.5 ft) wide-format UV ink printer that delivers high-quality output up to 635 x 800dpi (1270 x 1600dpi apparent)-on both flexible and rigid media. With a maximum speed of 110m2/hr (1200 ft2/hr), the printer is ideal for high-volume, industrial environments.
Entry-level products with versatile solutions
The HP Designjet H35000 Printer series and HP Designjet H45500 Printer series -entry level hybrid UV printers, provide PSPs with a versatile solution which use UV-curable ink and have the ability to print on both flexible and rigid substrates.
These printers have high-quality output and are perfect for commercial PSPs who want to effectively produce durable outdoor and indoor signs, banners, POP displays and posters with vivid colours on flexible and rigid media.
HP SPS and partner solutions
Three HP SPS partners with HP TIJ based printing solutions are represented on the HP stand for the first time in Italy: DJM is demonstrating its roll-to-fold thermal inkjet page printing solution based on the M4000 (up to 17 inch [43.18cm] wide with speed of 3m/second at 300dpi). H S A Mail is presenting a security solution, printing pin code with verification, using HP TIJ 2.5 cartridges with both visible and invisible inks. Komdruck is showing its full colour label printing solution. SPS will also show, for the first time in Europe, the new environment friendly packaging format for the 51645A (45A 10 pack) available from SPS EMEA partners since December 2008.
"HP's presence at Grafitalia brings together our latest solutions and demonstrates how our portfolio is able to meet the diverse needs of today's print service providers," said François Martin, marketing director, EMEA, HP "From high-volume commercial, label, and flexible packaging presses; innovative wide format sign and display printers; solutions for the photographic market and an array of thermal products for specialist applications, HP can demonstrate a leadership position."
HP Inkjet Web Press
Information on the HP Inkjet Web Press from HP IHPS will be available on the HP stand along with a video, and the latest news regarding beta testing and press availability.
HP, the world's largest technology company, simplifies the technology experience for consumers and businesses with a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com/.
(1) In the price/performance category for which printers based on HP Latex Printing Technologies are intended.
(2) Reflective substrates are not supported.
(3) Flexible media printing with an optional Roll-fed Media Supply and Takeup system.
(4) In a drop-on-demand inkjet large format printer of its category.
(5) Compared to the HP Indigo press 5500.
(6) Compared to the HP Indigo press ws4500
(7) Printers using HP Latex Inks use internal heaters to dry and cure the latex polymer film. Some substrates may have inherent odour.
(8) Special ventilation is not required to meet US OSHA requirements on occupational exposure to VOCs from HP Latex Inks. Ventilation equipment installation is at the discretion of the customer - no specific HP recommendation is intended. Typically no air discharge permitting required with inks that emit extremely low levels of VOCs. Customers should consult local requirements and regulations.
(9) HP Latex Inks are generally not considered hazardous waste. Customers should consult state and local requirements and regulations
(10) Printers using HP Wide Scan Printing Technology employ fully-automatic printhead testing and maintenance systems.
(11) HP image permanence and scratch, smudge, and water resistance estimates by HP Image Permanence Lab. Display permanence tested according to SAE J1960 using HP Latex and solvent inks on a range of media, including HP media; in a vertical display orientation in simulated nominal outdoor display conditions for select high and low climates, including exposure to direct sunlight and water; performance may vary as environmental conditions change. Scratch, smudge, and water resistance tested using HP Latex and solvent inks on a wide range of HP media. Laminated display permanence using Neschen Solvoprint Performance Clear 80 laminate. Results may vary based on specific media performance.
Jonathan Graham, HP
+49 (162) 263 3046
Bespoke for HP
+44 (0)1737 215 200
HP Sant Cugat
08190 Sant Cugat del Vallés
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.