HP Strengthens Business Computing with Powerful New All-in-One and Desktop PCs
HONG KONG, Oct. 25, 2013 — HP today announced a broad portfolio of PCs that point to the evolutionary direction of desktop PCs, providing enterprise customers with powerful and progressively designed devices that meet a range of deployment scenarios and needs.
With the explosion of new mobile form factors over the past several years, desktop PCs have taken on new relevance with their unmatched power, flexibility and dependability, continuing to drive nearly half of the global PC market. HP’s new lineup gives business customers the powerful desktops they expect, in several sleek new form factors and space-saving all-in-ones (AiOs) that deliver rich multimedia, the latest security protocols and optional touch-enabled displays. In addition, these new desktops have features like fast charging ports and HP Wireless Hotspot software(1) that play a pivotal role in communicating with mobile devices, allowing them to continue serving as the hub of enterprise productivity.
“End users require the right PC for them to succeed on the job, with those needs encompassing a broad combination of power, productivity, manageability and security,” said Benny Wong, director, Personal Systems Category, Printing and Personal Systems, HP Hong Kong. “HP’s new portfolio of business PCs take the desktop to the next level with incredibly powerful and stylish devices featuring the latest management, touch interface and security technologies to address a wide range of employee and customer-facing business scenarios.”
HP EliteOne/EliteDesk series: Powerful business computing meets elegant design
HP’s EliteOne and EliteDesk 800 series are HP’s most powerful business AiO and desktop PCs with the broadest range of distinctively designed form factors to fit the way businesses work today. HP Elite 800 series desktops are powered by the latest 4th generation Intel® Core™ processors(2) for maximum performance and crisp graphics, as well as optional new caching options and solid state drives that provide faster access to data and apps.(3)
These AiO and desktop PCs also feature HP Elite enterprise-class security and client manageability solutions to protect and manage business-critical data, devices and identities with Intel vPro support.(4)
HP is an industry leader in environmental PC technologies, and the new HP Elite line of business desktops and AiO platforms continue this commitment with the use of low halogen, while several of the platforms are also available with optional power supplies featuring up to 94 percent power efficiencies.
The HP Elite 800 G1 series includes:
- The HP EliteOne 800 G1 is HP’s most powerful, multimedia-rich AiO PC, featuring a stylish, 23 percent thinner design and a full Windows® 8 capacitive touch option that features edge-to-edge glass for a dynamic, interactive experience.(5) This AiO also includes DTS Studio Sound with an HD webcam for rich audio and video that brings work to life. Users will enjoy the flexibility of the 23-inch diagonal display with a height-adjustable and reclining stand option that rotates between portrait and landscape orientations, DisplayPort with multistream for up to four additional digital monitors,(6) and VESA mounting options(7) for the ultimate in space savings. Designed to interface with the many devices that can be found in a modern workspace, the HP EliteOne 800 enables users to quickly charge mobile devices with the fast-charging USB port, as well as share their internet connection with up to five additional devices with the included HP Wireless Hotspot application.(1) In addition, HP’s tight security protocols can be further bolstered with the optional integrated near-field communications (NFC) for capabilities such as quick and convenient file sharing(8) or optional user authentication.(9)
- The HP EliteDesk 800 G1 series delivers powerful, reliable performance with customizable deployment options, all backed by a full portfolio of HP security and manageability solutions. Available with Windows 7(10) or Windows 8,(5) the HP 800 series offers fast access to data with a choice of highly responsive or self-encrypting hard drive options, as well as an optional slim, removable hard drive that allows sensitive data to be removed and secured.(3)The new design allows for quick connectivity for companion devices with front-facing USB 3.0, and is available in a range of different chassis options including:
- The HP EliteDesk 800 G1 Tower is an all-new tower form factor with a smaller footprint and full-size expandability. It also features an optional legacy PCI slot that ensures broad compatibility with previous technology investments.
- The HP EliteDesk 800 G1 Small Form Factor features slim-line optical drives and continues to be the most demanded platform of all the desktops, providing the performance, flexibility and security desired by most business PC users.
- The HP EliteDesk 800 G1 Ultra-slim Desktop is an ultrasmall form factor desktop with three video outputs that can either stand alone or be attached to select HP displays with the optional Integrated Work Center (IWC),(3) providing the space-efficiency of an AiO with the flexibility to change the display.
HP ProOne/ProDesk series: Reliability in a stylish, long-lasting package
The HP ProOne and ProDesk 600 series feature business AiO and desktop PCs with up-to-date designs and a choice of the latest 4th generation Intel Core processors at an affordable price.(2) Each device allows users to easily meet everyday business needs with a choice of Windows 8, Windows 7 or a variety of Linux options, HP Support Assistant management tools, and robust HP Client Security applications to protect data, device and identity. Productivity is increased with HP ePrint(11) for quick and easy wireless printing, as well as DTS Sound for rich audio sound.
The HP Pro 600 G1 series consists of:
- The HP ProOne 600 G1 is an enterprise-class AiO that combines an intelligently designed space-saving form factor with powerful and secure PC performance. It has VESA mounting options(7) to reclaim workspace, and its 21.5-inch diagonal display can be joined by up to four additional monitors.(6) As with the HP EliteOne AiO, the HP ProOne AiO can increase security productivity with integrated NFC for capabilities with Windows 8 such as tap to share.(8)
- The HP ProDesk 600 G1 series offers the most popular form factor options and a long, stable lifecycle, while meeting everyday business needs with performance and reliability. Multitasking is aided with optional solid-state drives(3) that keep files and applications cycling quickly. The HP ProDesk 600 series is available in two different chassis options:
- The HP ProDesk 600 G1 Tower features the optimal combination of a smaller footprint and full-size expandability.
- The ProDesk 600 G1 Small Form Factor’s compact chassis frees up critical desk space so users can focus on the job at hand, and like all HP business desktops, helps reduce power consumption with optional power supplies featuring up to 94 percent power efficiency.
Availability and pricing
The HP EliteOne and EliteDesk 800 G1 series and the HP ProOne and ProDesk 600 G1 series are now available.
Pricing for the HP EliteOne G1 800 touch-enabled AiO starts at HK$11,280 and the HP EliteOne G1 800 AiO starts at HK$9,280, while pricing for the HP EliteDesk 800 series starts at HK$6,280. Pricing for the HP ProOne 600 series starts at HK$8,880 and the ProDesk 600 G1 series starts at HK$5,980.
(1) The wireless hotspot application requires an active internet connection and separately purchased data plan. While HP wireless hotspot is active, on-device applications will continue to work and will use the same data plan as the wireless hotspot. Wireless hotspot data usage may incur additional charges. Check with service provider for plan details. Requires Windows.
(2) Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing on Intel architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers, and applications enabled for Intel 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
(3) Sold separately or as an add-on feature.
(4) Some functionality of this technology, such as Intel Active management technology and Intel Virtualization technology, requires additional third-party software in order to run. Availability of future “virtual appliances” applications for Intel vPro technology is dependent on third-party software providers. Microsoft Windows required.
(5) Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 8. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows 8 functionality. Additional information available at www.microsoft.com.
(6) DisplayPort Multi-stream support through integrated graphics is planned to be available in August 2013. Support for up to three external displays is standard. Support for more than three displays requires optional discrete graphics solution, additional cables and may require DisplayPort multi-stream hub.
(7) Mounting hardware sold separately.
(8) NFC file sharing available with Windows 8.
(9) NFC is planned to be available in August. NFC is an optional feature. Tap to share/pair feature requires Windows 8. NFC Authentication software solution is sold separately.
(10) Not all features are in all editions of Windows 7. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware to take full advantage of Windows 7 functionality. More information available at www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/.
(11) Requires an internet connection to HP web-enabled printer and HP ePrint account registration (a list of eligible printers, supported documents and image types, and other HP ePrint details is available at www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter). Requires optional broadband module. Broadband use requires separately purchased service contract. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in your area. Separately purchased data plans or usage fees may apply. Print times and connection speeds may vary.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.