HP Delivers New Levels of Quality, Productivity to Industrial Printing Companies
July 12, 2013 — HP today expanded its industry-leading portfolio of large-format printers with two next-generation digital printers – the HP Latex 3000 Printer and the HP Scitex FB10000 Industrial Press driven by HP Scitex High Dynamic Range (HDR) Printing Technology. The new line-up will help industrial printing companies produce high value applications with improved productivity, image quality and application versatility.
HP is also announcing today the rebranding of its HP Designjet and Scitex latex printers and supplies. The new sub-brand for these offerings is HP Latex, demonstrating the strategic importance of latex to the HP Large Format Graphics portfolio.
“Industrial printing companies are facing ever shrinking timelines and tighter budgets for projects. Increasingly many find themselves taking on more short print runs as buyers look to generate greater marketing impact,” said Gido van Praag, vice president and general manager, Graphics Solutions Business, HP Asia Pacific and Japan. “The new large-format printing technologies that we are announcing today will give our customers a unique advantage to cost-effectively address these challenges and expand on their business with new levels of productivity, quality and application versatility.”Redefining the Latex printing category with the new HP Latex 3000 Printer
The new HP Latex 3000 Printer delivers the high quality and versatility of Latex to the industrial printing market, creating a competitive advantage for high-volume printing companies. HP has already logged in early orders from China, Japan, Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand and Thailand for the new Latex printer.
HP Latex Printing Technologies were introduced in 2008 as a water-based alternative to solvent ink technologies. Since then, more than 15,000 HP Latex printers have been shipped worldwide(1) and more than 100 million square meters have been printed with HP Latex Inks. HP expects these numbers to triple by 2016, with the number of latex-printed pages growing rapidly while the number of solvent-printed pages simultaneously declines by as much as 33 percent(2).
The HP Latex 3000 Printer will help drive this growth, allowing a broader range of sign and display customers to shift pages from traditional solvent and UV-curable technologies to HP Latex Printing Technologies.
The printer offers broader media versatility, including heat-sensitive substrates, with the HP Latex Optimizer. Its new ink solution ensures consistent image quality at high speeds as well as efficient curing at lower temperatures and with less energy than previous HP Latex solutions. Third-generation HP 881 Latex Inks also provide a scratch resistance comparable to hard-solvent inks on certain substrates,(3) making them ideal for applications including retail displays, outdoor advertising, vehicle graphics and interior décor.
The printer’s increased production capacity lets high-volume customers meet tight deadlines, producing 77 m2/hr of indoor applications(4) and 120 m2/hr of outdoor applications.(5) Standard carbon-fiber, dual-roll spindles also help reduce media loading times and the need for operator intervention.
Delivering odorless prints ideal for sensitive indoor display environments,(6) HP Latex Inks help create a safe and comfortable printing environment for print shop staff. HP Latex Inks are UL ECOLOGO and GREENGUARD Children & Schools CertifiedSM, while prints meet AgBB criteria and are A+ rated according to Émissions dans l'air intérieur.(7,8)New HP Latex sub-brand simplifies customer experience
Demonstrating the strategic importance of Latex to the HP Large Format Graphics portfolio, HP is creating a sub-brand to help customers more easily identify the best HP Latex solution for their shop size and application needs. HP Latex Printing Technologies now include:
• The HP Latex 260 Printer, formerly the HP Designjet L26500 Printer
• The HP Latex 280 Printer, formerly the HP Designjet L28500 Printer
• The HP Latex 820 Printer, formerly the HP Scitex LX820 Industrial Printer
• The HP Latex 850 Printer, formerly the HP Scitex LX850 Industrial Printer
• The HP Latex 3000 Printer
HP Latex inks and supplies also will be rebranded to reflect the updated product naming.HP Scitex FB10000 Press features six-color HDR Printing System
The HP Scitex FB10000 Industrial Press delivers high quality and industrial productivity at the same time with dynamic dot size control. Using HDR printing technology, the HP Scitex FB10000 Industrial Press combines 16 gray-level printing with the ability to produce 1,000 B1 sheets in less than two hours.(9) These features let printing companies achieve the quality and speed required by traditional offset applications while addressing growing demand for short runs, quick turnarounds and variable content.
The HP Scitex FB10000 Industrial Press will enable digital printing companies to capture part of the 6.8 billion square meter page opportunity in the retail graphics and corrugated display markets(10).
With the HP Scitex FB10000 Industrial Press, printing companies can now meet peak demand with print capacity up to 625 m2/hour(11) and direct-to-board printing. HP Scitex HDR Printing Technology provides precision control over color and tone for clarity of image detail, producing prints with the highest dynamic range.(12) HDR uses combinations of light and dark inks and three drop volumes, achieving the quality required for high-impact graphics.
The new press also delivers unmatched media versatility, including acrylics and polypropylene as well as flexible and rigid media. New HP HDR240 Scitex Inks achieve excellent adhesion(13) on a wide media range at high productivity and comply with ISO proofing standards,(14) helping customers match colors between digital and analog processes. Furthermore, upgradeability is built into HP Scitex HDR Printing Technology, allowing customers to protect their investment.
The HP Scitex Print Care proactive maintenance scheduler, along with automated diagnostics and alerts, helps HP Scitex and Latex customers keep their printers running smoothly. Additionally, bundled HP On-site Uptime Parts Kits, HP Ramp-up Service and HP Customer Care Programs help assure the productivity and profitability.(15)
HP Scitex and Latex customers can now also select RIPs based on leading new solutions from Onyx and GMG. HP Scitex Onyx Thrive 211 RIP Software combines accurate, predictable results with the new web-basedThrive Production Manager and scalability for all HP Scitex and Latex printers. GMG ProductionSuite for HP Scitex and HP Latex products offers a customized software bundle for HP users to optimize their print production workflow. Customers have control from file to output with accurate color reproduction and faster preprint file handling.
These new digital printing platforms from HP will further disrupt the economics of traditional printing, enable printing companies to improve profitability and take on higher value print applications. This ability to improve their customers’ competitive advantage and drive stronger marketing impact is in turn driving the success of HP’s broad Graphics Solution portfolio in the region - from the line-up of HP Latex printers, to the recently available B2-sized HP Indigo 10000 Digital Press.AsiaPacific availability(16)
- The HP Latex 3000 Printer is expected to be available August 15.
- The HP Scitex FB10000 Industrial Press featuring HP Scitex HDR Printing Technology is expected to be available November 1.
More information about the latest additions to the HP sign and display portfolio is available at www.hp.com/go/signanddisplaylaunch2013 and www.hp.com/go/latex. Information about HP Indigo digital printing solutions is available at www.hp.com/go/HPIndigoPresses. Videos and updates of the new products are available on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HPdesigners, on YouTube at www.youtube.com/hpgraphicarts and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/hpgraphicarts.
(1) As reported by HP in Q3 FY2013.
(2) Based on HP internal data as of Q1 2013.
(3) Scratch-resistance comparison based on testing HP Latex Inks and representative hard-solvent inks. Estimates by HP Image Permanence Lab on a range of media.
(4) Printed in high-quality indoor (6-pass 6-color) mode.
(5) Printed in outdoor (3-pass 6-color) mode.
(6) Some substrates may have inherent odor.
(7) UL ECOLOGO Certification to UL 2801 demonstrates that an ink meets a range of stringent criteria related to human health and environmental considerations (see ul.com/EL). HP Latex Inks are GREENGUARD Children & Schools CertifiedSM (www.greenguard.org).
(8) HP PVC-free Wall Paper printed with HP Latex Inks meets AgBB criteria for health-related evaluation of VOC emissions of indoor building products (www.umweltbundesamt.de/produkte-e/bauprodukte/agbb.htm). Émissions dans l’air intérieur provides a statement on the level of emission of volatile substances in indoor air posing health risks if inhaled—on a scale from A+ (very low-emission) to C (high-emission).
(9) At 625 m2/hour on160 x 320-cm sheets, including a full loading and unloading cycle Compared to digital presses of comparable speed and price in the market as of January, 2013. Performance according to stated technical specifications as of commercial availability of the HP Scitex FB10000 Industrial Press.
(10) Based on HP internal research.
(11) On 160 x 320-cm sheets, including a full loading and unloading cycle. Performance according to stated technical specifications as of commercial availability of the HP Scitex FB10000 Industrial Press.
(12) Compared to digital presses of comparable speed and price in the market as of January, 2013.
(13) According to D3359-02 ASTM Standard Test Methods for Measuring Adhesion by Tape. Tested in Sample 65, POP80, and POP100 print modes.
(14) Printed in POP100 gloss mode on Calpaper, validated with the Ugra/Fogra media wedge V3 and IDEAlliance Digital Control Strip 2009. Color verified with GMG ProofControl. Tested February 2013.
(15) Service package not bundled with the HP Scitex FB10000 Industrial Press and HP Latex 3000 Printer in all regions.
(16) Availability will be country dependent and subject to change.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.