HP Introduces Expanded 3D Portfolio
New consumer innovations offer most immersive 3D experience from HP to date
HP today unveiled a new portfolio of 3D innovations for consumers. The new HP TouchSmart620 3D Edition PC(1) and 2311gt 3D LCD monitor will bring the thrill of 3D entertainment to life, and let users enjoy an expanded realm of 3D experiences all within their home environment.
“We’re enhancing the different aspects of the 3D experience, from introducing the new entertainment experience on the TouchSmart620 3D Edition PC to display technologies for presenting 3D content,” said Scott Basford, General Manager, Personal Systems Group, HP Hong Kong. “HP’s latest 3D technologies are designed to make the interaction between people and technology more intuitive and rewarding.”
An entertainment powerhouse for the consumer
For consumers who seek an incredible 3D technology experience in the comfort of their home, the new HP TouchSmart620 3D Edition PC offers an all-in-one hub of fun and entertainment in an ideal combination of form and function. Users can create their own 3D videos and pictures with the TouchSmart’s built-in webcam and share them with family and friends online or via the PC’s 23-inch diagonal HD display(2). The TriDef Ignition Game Player allows everyone in the family to enjoy playing their favourite games in 3D.
Featuring an intuitive and ergonomic design, the TouchSmart620 3D Edition reclines up to 60 degrees and slides upward and downward, enabling users to adjust the display’s position for a comfortable experience or reduce glare while viewing 3D content with the Active Shutter 3D Glasses.
In addition to exclusive HP features like LinkUp Technology(3) and Beats Audio™, the HP TouchSmart620 3D Edition also offers the latest version of HP’s exclusive TouchSmart software, premium graphics and processors. The next-generation TouchSmart 5.0 interface allows users to customize their user experience by multiplying the workspace with a scrolling desktop that expands horizontally, and dragging and dropping their favourite files and apps onto the desktop’s carousel.
It’s the most intuitive and powerful touch experience to date as users can conveniently access Windows® apps, desktop icons and built-for-touch applications on an ever-expanding desktop environment.
Experience, create and share 3D content
The HP 2311gt 3D LCD monitor delivers an enhanced 3D experience in an ultra-slim 23-inch diagonal LED backlit display. It features Film Patterned Retarder (FPR) technology, which offers a display with improved brightness and a flicker-free 3D picture. Bundled with two pairs of passive 3D glasses, users will also enjoy software from Cyberlink and TriDef as well as a 3D movie trailer for the upcoming animated film “Puss in Boots” from DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc. With Cyberlink’s PowerDVD, users can convert their existing 2D content such as photos and videos into 3D content(2) while the TriDef Ignition Game Player displays 2D games in 3D.
Pricing and availability
- The HP TouchSmart620 3D Edition PC is now available at HK$14,999.
- The HP 2311gt 3D LCD monitor is now available at HK$2,999.
Specifications of HP TouchSmart 620-1088hk (QU252AA#AB5):
- Intel® Core™ Quad Core Processor i5-2400 (3.1GHz)
- Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 (Turbo Boost up to 3.4GHz)
- Intel® SpeedStep Technology
- Intel® EM64T
- Intel® Virtualization Technology
- Intel® H67 Express Chipset
- 6MB L3 Cache Memory
- 23" 3D BrightView Full HD Touch-enabled Widescreen (1920 x 1080), tilt-enabled display
- support 16:9 optimized movie viewing format
- built-in 3D Webcam and Microphone
- Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit) (Traditional Chinese /Simplified Chinese/English), preloaded with Microsoft® Office Starter 2010(4), consisting of limited-functionality versions of Microsoft Word Starter and Microsoft Excel Starter and including advertising. Not including PowerPoint or Outlook
- 8GB DDR3 RAM 1333MHz (2 x 4GB) (up to 16GB)；4 RAM slots (2 occupied)
- 1.5TB (1 x 1500GB) 5400rpm Serial ATA 3G Hard Disk
- AMD Radeon™ HD 6670A Graphics (with 1GB GDDR5 dedicated memory)
- Built-in slot-in Blu-ray ROM (able to read HD Blu-ray disks and write DVD)
- Built-in 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet LAN, 802.11 b/g/n Wireless LAN, built-in Bluetooth module
- Front: Hi-Speed USB 2.0 x 2, Line-in, Headphone; Rear: USB 2.0 x 4, Line-out, LAN
- Media Card Reader, supporting SD/SDHC, MMC+, MS, MS PRO
- Integrated Stereo Speakers, supporting Beats Audio™
- Integrated Dual-Signal TV Tuner (supports analog and HD TV digital signals)(5)
- HP Wireless Keyboard and HP Wireless Optical Mouse
- HP Media Center Remote Control
- 1 pair of HP Active Shutter 3D Glasses
- 3-year limited warranty (free onsite hardware support for the first year; phone software support for the first 30 days)
Suggested retail price: HK$14,999
For sales enquiry, please contact HP: 800-93-8833 or visit www.hp.com.hk
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.hk.
(1) 3D capability is subjected to product configuration.
(2) HD content is required to view HD images.
(3) Internet access required and sold separately.
(4) Microsoft Office Starter 2010, a new base productivity suite that replaces Microsoft Works, consists of limited-functionality versions of Word and Excel and includes advertising. It does not include PowerPoint or Outlook. Office Starter 2010 is available only on new PCs in conjunction with preloaded Office 2010 suites and is designed for home users who are not ready to buy a full version of Office 2010. It allows users to upgrade easily to a complete Office 2010 suite whenever they are ready.
(5) Reception of HDTV signals depends on the geographic district and the availability of building facilities.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the achievement of expected operational and financial results; and other risks that are described in HP’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended January 31, 2011 and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2010. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2011 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.