New HP Offerings Speed Data Center Transformation
HP today announced a set of products and services designed to help customers transform their data centers from a standalone collection of physical assets into a virtual and adaptive infrastructure designed to rapidly meet changing business needs.
New research conducted on behalf of HP shows that more than one-third of chief information officers believe that in two to five years their data centers will be unable to meet the rapidly growing demand for business services and applications.1
To meet this demand, HP is providing businesses with the technology tools and strategies needed to address top data center initiatives: energy efficiency, automation, virtualization, consolidation and business continuity.
Coupled with HP's current systems, storage, software and services, the new products and services make up the HP Data Center Transformation portfolio, which enables enterprises to manage and transform their data centers.
"Today customers are facing multiple challenges – the explosion of data, a growing mobile workforce and the need for access to real-time information," said Uday Kumaraswami, Vice President, Consulting and Integration, HP Services, Technology Solutions Group, APJ. "HP is uniquely qualified to help CIOs dramatically change the way they create, manage and operate their data centers."
HP infrastructure additions include new services, plus a powerful HP ProLiant server:
- HP Data Center Consolidation Services – New data center consolidation services include design, transition and support services to help customers reduce the sheer number of their facilities. As a result, customers reduce energy and operating costs, while maintaining the ability to support business growth with a robust, flexible infrastructure.
- HP Data Center Virtualization Services – HP's virtualization services portfolio has been enhanced with new design, support and education services that help customers create a virtual infrastructure from their physical technology assets. This includes virtualization across servers, storage, networks and applications.
- HP ProLiant DL785 G5 Server – The HP ProLiant DL785 G5 is a powerful and scalable eight-socket x86 server based on Quad-Core AMD® Opteron processor technology. The server is an ideal platform for virtualization due to its processing power, large memory footprint, storage capacity and expandable input/output. The DL785 improves server utilization by consolidating multiple servers and reduces the management, energy and space issues associated with server sprawl.
New software provides single view of the physical and virtual world plus enhanced automation:
- HP Insight Dynamics - VSE – This is the industry's first software to analyze and optimize physical and virtual resources in the same way. The new software helps customers extend the life of their data centers with advanced energy-aware capacity planning. HP Insight Dynamics – VSE will support multi-vendor hypervisor technologies and reduces costs of common data center tasks by as much as 40 percent. Previewed today and available in the second calendar quarter of 2008, HP Insight Dynamics - VSE seamlessly plugs into HP Systems Insight Manager, the world's most popular platform management tool.
- HP Operations Orchestration Enhancements – Integrations announced today extend comprehensive automation across all physical and virtual infrastructures. By automating manual and error prone processes across clients, applications, servers, networks, and storage, these new integrations help customers better manage and automate business services. Additionally, it helps customers reduce labor cost, increase service availability and meet compliance requirements by providing auditable, standardized processes.
For more information on today's news, please go to: www.hp.com/go/dctpresskit.
HP focuses on simplifying technology experiences for all of its customers – from individual consumers to the largest businesses. With a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP is among the world's largest IT companies, with revenue totaling US$107.7 billion for the four fiscal quarters ended Jan. 31, 2008. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at www.hp.com.hk.
Note to editors: More news from HP, including links to RSS feeds, is available at www.hp.com.hk/rssnews.
1 "HP 2008 Data Center Transformation Survey," conducted by Penn, Schoen and Berland, February 2008.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the achievement of expected results; and other risks that are described in HP's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended January 31, 2008 and HP's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2007. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2008 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.