HP Delivers Amazing Gaming Experiences on a Uniquely Designed Pavilion Notebook at an Affordable Price
Barcelona, Spain, Oct. 7, 2015 – HP today announced the HP Pavilion Gaming notebook to deliver intense design, graphics, power and performance gamers crave in an affordable Windows 10(1) gaming PC.
“Serious gamers want high end performance that delvers truly amazing experiences in a package with edgy designs but at a price point that does not break the bank,” said Kevin Frost, vice president and general manager, Consumer Personal Systems, HP. “The HP Pavilion Gaming notebook delivers high-end NVIDIA graphics, high-resolution displays and the latest Intel processors for a remarkableexperience in a striking designed notebook.”
Starting with the 15.6-inch diagonal HP Pavilion, HP added aggressive color and boosted the hardware to offer the processing power and great graphics customers want in an affordable and portable gaming PC. The HP Pavilion Gaming notebook is powered by the NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 950M and 6th Gen Intel® Core™ i5 or i7 processors(2) for high performance with stunning graphics. Customers can expect the speed they need even with the most memory intensive applications with up to 16 GB of system memory.(3) With up to 2 TB of hard drive (HD),(4) up to 1 TB of hybrid hard disk drive (HDD)(4) or dual storage with 2 TB HD(3) and 128 GB solid-state-drive (SSD).(4) customers will be able to strike the perfect balance of fast load times and plenty of storage space for their games.
For crisp, clear gaming experiences, the HP Pavilion Gaming notebook offers a 15.6 inch diagonal high-definition(5) (HD) or Full HD(6) IPS display with optional touch. At 28.8 millimeters and 5.46 pounds(7), the HP Pavilion Gaming notebook is portable with up to 8.15 hours of battery life with HD display.(8) The backlit keyboard glows bright green with a fierce gradient reptilian pattern on the keyboard deck. Optional Intel® RealSense™ technology(9) provides depth sensing capabilities for both gaming and video, and paired with Windows Hello(10) allows customers to conveniently and securely log in to the device.
Customers will have plenty of ports for their gaming attachments including two USB 3.0 ports – one with HP Sleep and Charge, one USB 2.0 port, one HDMI port to drive an external display and an SD Card reader to expand storage. The optical disk drive gives customers the flexibility to load game collections. The RJ45 port gives customers the flexibility to hardware into a network for optimal connectivity. Audio tuned by B&O Play enhances the gaming experience with great sound on the dual speakers.
With Windows 10,(11) the HP Pavilion Gaming notebook will deliver great experiences on games built for DirectX 12, bringing new levels of efficient performance and new visual effects to gamers. Using Game Streaming in the Xbox app in Windows 10, customers never again have to fight for the TV. Game Streaming allows customers to play their Xbox One games on their HP Pavilion Gaming notebook, anywhere in the house.
Pricing and Availability (11)
The HP Pavilion Gaming notebook is expected to be available in the United States on November 8, 2015 at www.hp.com/go/pavilion-gaming-pc and select retailers starting at $899.99
(1) Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers, software or BIOS update to take full advantage of Windows functionality. Windows 10 is automatically updated, which is always enabled. ISP fees may apply and additional requirements may apply over time for updates. See http://www.microsoft.com.
(2) Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing system required. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
(3) Part of the total system memory (RAM) is used for graphics/video performance. System memory dedicated to graphics/video performance is not available for other use by other programs.
(4) For storage, TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 35GB of hard drive is reserved for system recovery software.
(5) High-definition (HD) content required to view HD images.
(6) Full high-definition (FHD) content required to view FHD images.
(7) Actual weight will vary by configuration.
(8) Windows 10/ MM14 battery life will vary depending on various factors including product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality, and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See www.bapco.com for additional details.
(9) Features may require software or other 3rd party applications to provide the described functionality. Some or all of the features may be unavailable or under development in your market. See http://www.intel.com/realsense for more information
(10) Some features including Windows Hello require more advanced hardware. See www.hp.com/go/windows10upgrade and www.windows.com/windows10upgrade. Pre-release product shown, subject to change. Apps sold separately.
(11) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Intel and Intel Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
NVIDIA, GeForce, Surround, and the NVIDIA logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
© 2015 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of HP for future operations, including the separation transaction; the future performance of Hewlett-Packard Enterprise and HP Inc. if the separation is completed; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP’s businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; risks associated with executing HP’s strategy, including the planned separation transaction, and plans for future operations and investments; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third-party suppliers and the distribution of HP’s products and services effectively; the protection of HP’s intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP’s international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers, clients and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the execution, timing and results of the separation transaction or restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost (including any possible disruption of HP’s business) and the anticipated benefits of implementing the separation transaction and restructuring plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2015, and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.