HP Launches New Automated Operations Software Suite to Accelerate Business Outcomes
HP today launched its new Automated Operations software suite to help chief information officers transform IT. This integrated suite of products is designed to reduce the day-to-day cost of IT operations, enabling a shift of resources to fuel business innovation and growth. Next-generation IT Operations is a significant pillar of HP Software’s Business Technology Optimization (BTO) system, which combines assets from HP OpenView, Peregrine, Mercury and Opsware.
“HP’s mission is to be the strategic partner to global enterprise customers, and we have been aggressively expanding our software portfolio in the last two years to broaden and deepen our capabilities to help customers improve their top and bottom lines,” said Mahmoud Mounir, Software Director, HP Middle East. “This relentless focus on customers has been paying off: Over the last four quarters, we have seen dramatic growth in our software business, which is a clear validation that more customers are choosing HP Software to achieve their business goals. HP Software revenue doubled over the prior-year period to $698 million, led by strong growth from the businesses acquired in HP’s purchase of Mercury Interactive. On a year-over-year basis, HP OpenView grew 24% excluding Mercury. Operating profit was $177 million, or 25.4% of revenue, up from $60 million, or 17.2% of revenue, in the prior-year period.
According to a recent survey by industry analyst firm Gartner, Inc., the top two priorities that businesses expect IT to support are improving business processes and controlling enterprise-wide operating costs. However, many CIOs are faced with the daunting task of meeting this demand with out-dated tools that are insufficient to manage the increasingly complex IT environment caused by the proliferation and massive build out in recent years of IT infrastructure – servers, network devices, storage arrays, clients and software.
Re-defining IT operations
HP Software’s Automated Operations Suite is an integrated set of products that helps customers improve their business processes and significantly reduce operating costs by: 1) automating the processes of IT, 2) automating service deployment, change and compliance and 3) monitoring and managing business services. The suite is composed of:
• HP’s IT Service Management (ITSM) solution, which delivers industry-leading service lifecycle management processes to define, deliver, and manage business services from inception to retirement. By incorporating Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v3 best practices and providing metrics for continuous process improvement, it helps companies optimize the business outcomes from their business services.
• HP’s Business Service Automation (BSA) solution, which creates a single platform to drive change into IT Operations across applications, servers, networks, storage and clients. This reduces the cost and risk of change and provides comprehensive audit and compliance capabilities.
• HP’s Business Service Management (BSM) solution, which combines industry-leading application, infrastructure and network management software to help customers monitor and manage business services to mitigate business risk and reduce the potential costs of service downtime. It does this by linking infrastructure performance to end-user monitoring.
New Business Service Automation Solution
HP's new Business Service Automation solution incorporates key data center automation technologies from the acquisition of Opsware and HP’s client automation and storage automation capabilities. With this new solution, IT organizations can:
• Automate infrastructure operations across client, applications, physical and virtual servers, networks, storage, and software to free up scarce IT staff resources to focus on strategic and innovative initiatives to help drive growth for the business;
• Orchestrate processes across systems and teams with integrated process workflows delivered through HP’s Operations Orchestration software, which provides clear visibility into processes that impact financial reporting, security and other governance concerns; and
• Record and manage all configuration updates and change activity to infrastructure and applications for complete service compliance.
Products in HP's new BSA solution that are now available include HP Server Automation 7.0, HP Network Automation 7.0, HP Operations Orchestration 7.0, HP Service Automation Visualizer 7.0, HP Service Automation Reporter 7.0, HP Live Network 7.0 and HP Application Storage Automation 1.0, which is bundled with HP Storage Essentials 6.0 to form HP's new Storage Automation solution.
"Business service automation is an opportunity for IT organization to more closely align with business objectives such as compliance, security, cost reduction, and the delivery of innovative products," said Stephen Elliot, research director, Enterprise Management Service, IDC. "The legacy manner in which many IT organization execute enterprise infrastructure management processes are quickly becoming obsolete as they are too static, take too long to execute, and lengthen time to market cycles. IT organizations must mature towards processes and technologies that enable a more dynamic, business driven impact."
Comprehensive IT Service Management Solution
HP's ITSM solution helps IT organizations continually monitor, measure and improve their business value while increasing the efficiency of IT service delivery. The solution includes new HP Operational Management services and ITSM training and assessment services as well as major enhancements to:
• HP Service Manager 7.0 – enables automated service lifecycle management to track and manage business services to help deliver higher quality services to the business at a lower cost. With HP Service Manager 7.0, business services can be managed from a user perspective and problem detection and resolution can be accelerated through integrations with HP Quality Center as well as HP Universal CMDB and HP BSM solutions. HP Service Manager 7.0 is also offered through Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) where customer can use this software “on demand” over the Internet and accelerate the use and benefit from the software; and
• HP Decision Center 2.0 – helps IT staff manage and improve the quality of service delivery and provide the necessary visibility to help IT organizations make informed decisions and take action to improve business processes and minimize negative business impact.
In addition to new enhancements to HP’s IT Service Management software, HP is also offering new services to help customers quickly unlock the value of the software. New services include the following:
• HP Blueprint and Training for Service Manager 7.0 – provides best practices for standardizing and automating processes to accelerate deployment of ITIL V3 and implementation of HP Service Manager. These services help customers improve the efficiency and quality of IT operations, ensure they meet regulatory reporting requirements, and reduce operational risk; and
• HP IT Service Management Assessment Services – helps customers continually improve the quality of service management skills and processes. With enhancements that include the new ITIL v3 processes, this new service helps improve productivity and reduce reactive process changes, which in turn will free up IT staff to focus more on strategic projects that support business growth.
"To meet the ambitious growth plans, demands from the business, and aggressive service-level agreements of our new division at Barclays Wealth, we had to quickly build a single service management function from seven highly dispersed legacy groups with a focus on activities that would have a material impact on service quality," said Jason K. Scott-Taggart, director, head of Service Support, Barclays Wealth Technology. "HP's IT Service Management solution helped facilitate the aggressive delivery of the first phase of this project to transform our operation."
More information about HP’s Business Technology Optimization software, services and solutions is available in an online press kit at www.hp.com/go/swuniverse07barcelona.
About HP HP focuses on simplifying technology experiences for all of its customers – from individual consumers to the largest businesses. With a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP is among the world’s largest IT companies, with revenue totaling $104.3 billion for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2007. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at www.hp.com.
About HP Middle East HP is the largest technology and solutions provider in the Middle East with 670 employees and subsidiaries in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Cairo, Ramallah, Oman and 2 service Joint Ventures in Kuwait and Bahrain servicing the GCC, Egypt and the Levant. HP has been present in the Middle East since 1968 and opened its first regional office in 1994. HP Middle East is the market leader for enterprise, small and medium business and consumer technology products and offers a large portfolio of solutions and services in various business domains.
More information about HP in the Middle East is available at www.hp.com/me
To register for regular news update please visit HP Press lounge on www.hp.com/me/press
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.