Stunning New Designs Highlight HP’s Premium Consumer PC Line-up
Barcelona, Spain, Oct. 7, 2015 – HP today announced new premium PCs that feature one-of-kind form factors in sleek industrial designs, bright high-resolution displays and Audio by Bang & Olufsen. Each PC is built with powerful processors and delivers amazing Windows 10(1) experiences for customers to do great things.
Specifically, HP announced:
- An x360 with unparalleled sound and design with the new HP Spectre x360 limited edition that is based on the latest version of the award winning HP Spectre x360. The beautiful 13.3 inch diagonal Ash Silver with Copper accented HP Spectre x360 limited edition celebrates Bang & Olufsen’s 90th anniversary.
- The beautiful and sleek HP Spectre x2 that combines a thin and light tablet design with the productivity of a notebook with a superior metal keyboard for the very best of both worlds. It is the first detachable to offer audio tuned by Bang & Olufsen for both dual speakers on the tablet and keyboard for great sound.
- HP’s thinnest notebook yet, the HP ENVY notebook gives customers big power with 6th Gen Intel® Core™ processors (2) in a 13.3 inch diagonal notebook is 12.95 millimeters, much thinner than the diameter of a dime, and weighs under 3 pounds.(3)
- The widest curved all-in-one in the world.* The HP ENVY Curved All-in-One features a 34 inch diagonal Technicolor Certified display for a completely new immersive experience. The all-in-one features Intel® RealSense™ technology(4) to enable Windows Hello(5) and depth sensing capabilities.
- Stunning new all-in-ones with a contemporary design. The 23.8 and 27 inch diagonal HP ENVY All-in-Ones merge style, power and up to 4K Ultra high-definition (HD)(6) displays to allow customers to be creative, productive and entertained.
- The impressive HP ENVY 32 Media Display presents customers with stunning visuals and audio for remarkable multimedia and gaming experiences.
“The HP Spectre x360 established HP as a leader in the premium category because it directly addresses the needs of customers,”said Mike Nash, vice president, portfolio strategy and customer experience, Personal Systems, HP.“We are excited to extend our premium portfolio with new PCs that have a number of firsts - including a detachable with a metal keyboard featuring full-travel keys, the world’s widest curved all-in-one and our thinnest notebook ever – designed to give customers amazing experiences.”
New Limited Edition Spectre x360
HP updated its most highly recognized premium convertible PC, the HP Spectre x360, to deliver ultra-thin design, long battery life, fast boot times and great Wi-Fi connectivity. HP continues to refine the device and has updated to the latest Intel® processors, Audio by Bang & Olufsen and an Ash Silver with Copper accents color option.
The HP Spectre x360 is updated with 6th Gen Intel® Core™ i5 and i7 processors(2) and with a lightning fast SSD up to 512GB,(7) customers have the horsepower and responsiveness they want to get things done fast. Weighing 3.17 pounds(3) and 15.9 millimeters thin, the HP Spectre x360 with the Quad HD display(8) will last up to 12 hours.(9)
The HP Spectre x360 takes advantage of new experiences enabled by Windows 10 like Continuum.(5) Customers can expect fluid and seamless transitions between notebook mode for work, stand mode for viewing entertainment, tent mode for touchscreen entertainment, or tablet mode for on the go.
The HP Spectre x360 supports both full-size HDMI and mini-DisplayPort 1.2 ports to allow customers to display content across multiple screens. To accommodate devices and accessories, the HP Spectre x360 has three USB 3.0 ports that have HP USB Sleep and Charge so customers can charge their devices on the go even when in sleep mode.
Beautiful Detachable PC
For customers who prefer a tablet-first design without compromising on productivity, HP is unveiling the HP Spectre x2. This new premium PC is thin and light for a great tablet experience and comes with a killer keyboard for an uncompromised notebook experience. With up to 10 hours of battery life,(9) the tablet only weighs 1.85 pounds(3) and is just 8 millimeters thin. The tablet with keyboard is 2.69 pounds(3) and is 13.15 millimeters making the HP Spectre x2 the thinnest 2-in-1 PC HP has ever made.
With 6th Gen Intel® Core™ m processors,(2) the HP Spectre x2 has a fanless design to run cool and quiet with the performance for productivity or multimedia. The 2-in1 tablet has a lightning fast SSD up to 512GB(7) which allows customers to turn their PC on and load apps quickly.
To give customers the battery life they expect, the HP Spectre x2 features a 42-watt hour battery. The touch panel on the HP Spectre x2 is optically bonded to the display, increasing brightness and pulling each pixel up to the surface of the display. The HP Spectre x2 takes advantage of Panel Self Refresh (PSR) technology that holds images on the screen to allow portions of the PC to power down when nothing on the screen is moving.
For productivity, the HP Spectre x2 comes with a full-sized, 1.5 millimeter travel keyboard and 120 x 55 millimeter touchpad to offer customers an accurate, comfortable and familiar experience. The keyboard easily detaches and attaches with a magnetic connector to transform to a notebook for productivity or tablet for on the go. Customers can elevate the keyboard for an angled typing surface for added comfort. The touchpad has Precision TouchPad (PTP) technology that gives customers a smooth experience when browsing in the Edge browser. The bottom of the keyboard is made of woven fabric and the top of the keyboard is made from aluminum.
The HP Spectre x2 has a 3.5 millimeter stainless steel U-shaped kickstand with a friction hinge to allow customers to recline the 12 inch Full HD(11) (1920 x 1280) diagonal display all the way back to 150 degrees, for drawing, taking notes or watching a movie. The U-shaped kickstand design leaves more room for the larger battery to extend battery life while keeping the device thin and light. The touchscreen display is optimized for customers to use an active stylus for productivity.
The HP Spectre x2 features two USB Type-C™ connectors, both with the capability to charge, power and connect to a display, transfer data and support HP Sleep and Charge. Because customers still want to use USB Type-A, the HP Spectre x2 comes with a USB-Type-C™ to USB Type-A adapter in the box.
For a full tablet experience, the Spectre x2 offers three cameras: 1) a HP Truevision FHD 5 mega pixel front facing camera for web chats; 2) HP Truevision HD 8 mega pixel rear facing camera to take pictures and shoot videos; and 3) Intel® RealSense™ Camera R200(4) to capture and enable 3D experiences. With audio tuned by Bang & Olufsen, the Spectre x2 comes with dual speakers on the keyboard and dual speakers on the tablet, for an exceptional listening experience in any mode.
To keep customers connected the HP Spectre x2 gives customers great Wi-Fi connectivity. When there is no Wi-Fi access, HP Spectre x2 includes LTE to connect virtually anywhere, as it is ready for Verizon 4G LTE, the nation’s largest, most reliable 4G LTE network right out of the box and choose from a variety of Verizon plans.(10)
The HP Spectre x2 has accessories available today and offered separately including a HP Active Pen for writing, drawing, and easy navigation.
HP’s Thinnest and Lightest ENVY Yet
Many customers want a traditional notebook for productivity and portability. The 13.3 inch diagonal HP ENVY notebook delivers a thin and light design with long battery life and the latest Intel® processors for customers to do more, fast.
The HP ENVY 13.3 inch diagonal notebook is just under 13 millimeters thin and weighs 2.8 pounds(3) while delivering up to 10 hours of battery life.(9) The 13.3 inch diagonal HP ENVY notebook has a 3-cell 45Whr Li-ion polymer battery to achieve long battery life while maintaining its slim profile. Customers have the choice of 6th Gen Intel® Core™ i3, i5 and i7 processors(2) to accomplish any task at hand.
Customers expect their PCs to respond instantly. The 13.3 inch diagonal HP ENVY notebook has the option of up to 5128 GB SSD(7)for storage space and fast response. Despite the thin design, customers will enjoy great connectivity with three USB 3.0 ports, one with HP Sleep and Charge, a full-sized HDMI port and a SD card reader.
The 13.3 inch diagonal HP ENVY notebook has a metal chassis with a curved profile and elevated lift hinge to give customers a more stable and comfortable typing and viewing experience. Along with its dual fans, the lift hinge promotes better air circulation under the device, keeping it cool and quiet.
The display, speakers and camera of the HP ENVY notebook bring video, photos and web chats to life. At 13.3 inches diagonal, the display offers customers a choice of crisp Full HD(11) or Quad HD+(8) resolution. It comes with dual speakers and audio tuned by Bang & Olufsen. The HP TrueVision Webcam(12) features dual array microphones with noise cancellation technology, controlling background noise so customers on both ends of a web chat will enjoy crisp, clear sound.
The notebook features a backlit keyboard to help customers stay productive in low-light environments. The fingerprint reader enables Windows Hello,(5) so customers can log on to their PC quickly and confidently with a swipe of a finger.
New All-in-One PC Delivers Stunning Experience
For customers who want a desktop PC as a focal point in the home to create, share and be entertained, HP ENVY All-in-One PCs merge performance with superior craftsmanship and amazing Technicolor Color Certified displays. HP is delivering 23.8 and 27 inch diagonal HP ENVY All-in-Ones and the world’s first 34-inch diagonal all-in-one PC with a curved display.
For power and performance, customers have the choice of 6th Gen Intel® Core™ i5 and i7 processors.(2) Integrated graphics are standard and customers have the option to choose AMD Radeon™ R9 discrete graphics on the 23.8 and 27 inch diagonal HP ENVY All-in-Ones. The 34 inch diagonal HP ENVY Curved All-in-One gives customers the option of NVIDIA® GeForce® 960A graphics for video editing or gaming. All three ENVY All-in-Ones allow customers to add a 128GB SSD(7) for fast response and 8GB or 16GB of memory. With hard drive options of up to 2TB, customers have all the space they need to store precious family photos and videos, movies and music.
To give customers the best Windows 10 experience, the 34 inch diagonal HP ENVY Curved All-in-One includes an Intel® RealSense™ Camera,(4) enabling Windows Hello(5) for fast, secure face authentication. Rather than typing passwords, customers can assign profiles for each member of the family. The Intel® RealSense™ Camera(4) also enables immersive video, 3D capture and customers to interact with their PC via gesture control. With a 34 inch diagonal display and WQHD+(13) resolution, customers have the screen real-estate to view many windows at the same time with the Windows 10 Snap feature.
The 23.8, 27 and 34 inch diagonal HP ENVY All-in-Ones are Technicolor Color Certified so whether a customer is watching a movie, editing photos or shopping online the colors displayed are accurate. The 23.8 and 27-inch HP ENVY All-in-One diagonal displays come in Full HD(11) up to 4K Ultra HD.(6) The HP ENVY Curved All-in-One will captivate customers by featuring a 34 inch WQHD+(13) diagonal display with a 2,000 millimeter curved radius.
The HP ENVY All-in-One PCs are thin and look beautiful from every angle with an edge-to-edge glass display. The display adjusts to tilt from -5° to 35° for the 23.8 and 27 inch diagonal HP ENV All-in-Ones and 0° to 25° for the 34 inch diagonal HP ENVY Curved All-in-One for more comfortable viewing experiences. By taking cues from contemporary furniture designs, HP ENVY All-in-One PCs fit beautifully in any kitchen, living room or home office.
The ENVY All-in-One PCs have HDMI In for customers to connect to a gaming console and HDMI Out for connecting to a second display for multi-tasking or TV for maximum entertainment. HP ENVY All-in-One PCs come with two USB 3.0 ports and a 3-in-1 media card reader located on the display chin for quick access from the front. On the back, two USB 2.0 and two USB3.0 ports are placed with the HDMI and LAN for easy routing of cables to keep the workspace clean and organized.
The 23.8 and 27 inch diagonal HP ENVY All-in-Ones have four front firing speakers and the 34 inch diagonal HP ENVY Curved All-in-One has six speakers including two tweeters with audio tuned by Bang & Olufsen to give customer a premium audio experience.
New ENVY Display with Gorgeous Visuals and Great Sound
To complement the HP desktop PC portfolio, the HP ENVY 32 Media Display gives customers a cinematic experience. The 32 inch diagonal Quad HD(8) display takes entertainment to the next level, allowing customers to enjoy their favorite games, movies, photos and apps with crisp visuals and great color. Wide viewing angle technology gives customers consistent color and brilliant image clarity at different angles and 100% sRGB color space provides accurate color.
The HP ENVY 32 Media Display comes with AMD FreeSync™ technology,(14) reducing image tears and stutters, smoothing choppy gameplay, and reducing mouse lag for an immersive gaming experience.
Customers can connect and charge their tablets and phones through MHL, HDMI or DisplayPort and with optimized upscaling, customers can stream content flawlessly from their mobile device. The visually stunning HP ENVY 32 Media Display offers customers a stunning sound experience with 6-watt dual front facing speakers and audio tuned by Bang & Olufsen to give customers a sound they can feel.
Pricing and Availability (15)
- HP Spectre x360 in Ash Silver and Copper accents is expected to be available in the United States at http://www.hp.com/spectrex360 and Best Buy on November 8, 2015 starting at $1,299.99.
- HP Spectre x2 is expected to be available in the United States at http://www.hp.com/spectrex2 and Best Buy on November 8, 2015 starting at $799.99.
- 13 inch HP ENVY notebook is expected to be available in the United States at www.hp.com/go/envy13 and select retailers on October 18, 2015 starting at $849.99.
- 34 inch HP ENVY Curved All-in-One is expected to be available in the United States at select retailers on November 8 and www.hp.com/go/envy-allinone on November 22 starting at $1,799.99.
- 23.8 and 27 inch HP ENVY All-in-Ones are expected to be available in the United States at www.hp.com/go/envy-aio and select retailers on November 1 starting at $999.99 and $1,199.99 respectively.
- HP ENVY 32 Media Display is expected to be available in the United States at select retailers on October 18 and www.hp.com/go/envy32 in November 24 starting at $499.99.
*Based on curved screen, consumer All-in-One’s as of June 22, 2015.
(1) Not all features are available in all editions or versions of Windows. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers, software or BIOS update to take full advantage of Windows functionality. Windows 10 is automatically updated, which is always enabled. ISP fees may apply and additional requirements may apply over time for updates. See http://www.microsoft.com.
(2) Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing system required. Performance and clock frequency will vary depending on application workload and your hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
(3) Actual weight will vary by configuration.
(4) Features may require software or other 3rd party applications to provide the described functionality. Some or all of the features may be unavailable or under development in your market. See http://www.intel.com/realsense for more information.
(5) Some features including Windows Hello and Continuum require more advanced hardware. See www.hp.com/go/windows10upgrade and www.windows.com/windows10upgrade. Pre-release product shown, subject to change. Apps sold separately.
(6) 4K Ultra High-definition (HD) content required to view 4K Ultra HD images.
(7) For storage drives, GB = 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 35GB of hard drive is reserved for system recovery software.
(8) Quad high-definition (QHD) and QHD+ content required to view QHD and QHD+ images.
(9) Windows 10/ MM14 battery life will vary depending on various factors including product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality, and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See www.bapco.com for additional details.
(10) Verizon 4G LTE module requires activation and separately purchased service contract. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in your area. Connection speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions, and other factors. 4G LTE not available on all products, in all regions. HP lt4114 LTE 4G Module for use on the Verizon LTE network only.
(11) Full High-definition (FHD) content required to view FHD images.
(12) Internet service required and not included.
(13) Wide Quad High-definition (WQHD) content required to view Wide Quad HD images.
(14) AMD FreeSync™ is only available when it is connected to Display Port.
(15) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Intel and Intel Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
NVIDIA, GeForce, Surround, and the NVIDIA logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. USB Type-C™ and USB-C™ are trademarks of USB Implementers Forum.
© 2015 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of HP for future operations, including the separation transaction; the future performance of Hewlett-Packard Enterprise and HP Inc. if the separation is completed; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP’s businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; risks associated with executing HP’s strategy, including the planned separation transaction, and plans for future operations and investments; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third-party suppliers and the distribution of HP’s products and services effectively; the protection of HP’s intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP’s international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers, clients and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the execution, timing and results of the separation transaction or restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost (including any possible disruption of HP’s business) and the anticipated benefits of implementing the separation transaction and restructuring plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2015, and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.