HP Unveils New Services to Accelerate Technology and Operations Transformation
LAS VEGAS, June 2, 2015 — HP today announced new services to help IT and business leaders capitalize on the latest hybrid technology solutions and operational best practices. These new services are designed to help customers keep pace with changing business requirements and gain competitive advantage.
Today, HP Technology Services is introducing:
- New Style of Business Transformation Workshops designed to help customers overcome critical and complex transformation hurdles
- New HP Software-Defined Infrastructure (SDI) Accelerator Solutions that contain the necessary HP hardware, software and services to enable rapid piloting of the most common SDI use cases in the enterprise
- Enhancements to HP Datacenter Care Flexible Capacity to help customers consume their “stack” of hardware and software in a scalable, pay-per-use service for on premises IT, saving on cost and improving their time to value
- New HP Datacenter Care Operational Support Services designed to monitor and control infrastructure, freeing customers up to focus on business critical issues and strategic initiatives
“Modern architectures and the creation of new infrastructure platformsthat will facilitate next-generation applications and user experiences requires a new IT operating and delivery model to respond to the demands for speed, scale and managing risk,”said Jean-Paul Wagner, senior vice president and general manager, Technology Services, HP. “We recognize that IT needs to be architected to support these new dynamics, so it’s imperative we provide the depth of consulting and support expertise on technologies for each and every aspect of the total IT environment.”
Tackle Critical and Complex IT Issues
HP is introducing four New Style of Business Transformation Workshops. These one-day workshops led by senior HP consultants will help customers tackle often critical and complex areas they can encounter on their transformation journey including:
- The Hybrid Infrastructure Transformation Workshop helps customers build an actionable plan to transform IT to respond quickly to change in sync with their business.
- The Protect your Digital Enterprise Transformation Workshop helps customers build an actionable plan to protect the information and assets that are vital to their business.
- The Data-Driven Organization Transformation Workshop helps customers build an actionable plan to use data to power their organization with insights.
- The Workplace and Mobility Transformation Workshop helps customers build an actionable plan to better engage and empower teams and individuals to be their most productive.
Evolve to Software-Defined Infrastructure
Customers wishing to pilot software-defined infrastructure (SDI) within their environments prior to rolling out a broader implementation can look to the new HP SDI Accelerator Solutions. The 6 pre-defined, yet customizable, accelerator solutions can be implemented within four to six weeks based on HP’s Software-Defined Infrastructure Reference Architecture.
- HP Software-defined Compute Accelerator significantly reduces the response time to the business by providing integrated provisioning and policy-based management of virtualized compute, utilizing VMware and HP OneView.
- HP Software-defined Compute Accelerator for Cloud provides a public cloud experience within a private cloud environment - underpinned by a robust software-defined infrastructure.
- HP Software-defined Network Accelerator improves user experience and real time protection through expert deployment of HP Network Optimizer and Network Protector SDN applications. Included is guidance on pragmatic next steps to software defined network transformation.
- HP Software-defined Storage Accelerator improves the speed and quality of the provisioning of storage infrastructure utilizing HP 3PAR technology.
- HP Software-defined Facilities Accelerator reduces energy costs and improves capacity planning by integrating facilities and IT Infrastructure management through HP OneView and DCIM partner technologies.
- HP SDI Accelerator Solution for IT Operations helps reduce down time for business applications by identifying application and infrastructure issues and dynamically remediating the root cause.
Navigate the Modern Datacenter
Thousands of customers rely on the end-to-end support services from HP Datacenter Care to ensure their IT environments meet their specific business needs. HP Datacenter Care is made up of services “building blocks” each tested and delivered globally. One of those services, HP Flexible Capacity’s “pay-as-you-grow” model is now expanded to include HP Software’s SaaS products. Customers can incorporate functions such as Service Desk, Project and Portfolio Management, Performance Monitoring, Application Testing and others into monthly variable use, expanding the service to include even more of the IT infrastructure.
Today HP is also introducing expanded support services with HP Datacenter Care Operational Support Services (OSS). With this new HP service, customers can leverage the tools, people and processes of the HP Operation Center to monitor and operate their infrastructure. This includes 24x7 remote IT infrastructure monitoring (RIM) and operational services on servers, storage, networking, hypervisor, backup/restore, and security elements based on HP and selected non-HP assets. Customers can reduce cost, offload basic tasks to HP, expanding their capacity for innovation.
Additional information on HP Technology Services is available at www.hp.com/services
This news advisory contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of HP for future operations, including the separation transaction; the future performance of Hewlett-Packard Enterprise and HP Inc. if the separation is completed; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP’s businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; risks associated with executing HP’s strategy, including the planned separation transaction, and plans for future operations and investments; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third-party suppliers and the distribution of HP’s products and services effectively; the protection of HP’s intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP’s international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers, clients and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the execution, timing and results of the separation transaction or restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost (including any possible disruption of HP’s business) and the anticipated benefits of implementing the separation transaction and restructuring plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2015, and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2015 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.