HP Delivers Latest Mobile Printing Functionality to Its LaserJet Devices
PALO ALTO, Calif. -- HP today announced the worldwide release of a firmware update that delivers the latest mobile printing technology to users of HP LaserJet devices.
The new firmware update enables small and midsize businesses to increase productivity and mobility with the ability to print securely from any wireless device. Users can simply send documents – including emails, contracts and photos – directly to any HP ePrint-enabled HP LaserJet device.(1)
The firmware update allows select HP LaserJet printers and multifunction printers (MFPs) to be connected to the HP cloud, and enables the latest mobile print functionality on the devices, including HP ePrint Wireless Direct and AirPrint™.
With HP ePrint Wireless Direct Printing, users can connect directly to supported HP ePrint-enabled printers without the need for network or internet connections. Users simply walk up and connect to a printer from any Wi-Fi-enabled mobile device with a peer-to-peer connection.(2)
AirPrint enables iPad®, iPad 2, iPhone® and iPod® touch customers using iOS 4.2 or later to print wirelessly from select apps and native programs directly to any AirPrint-enabled HP LaserJet printer or MFP without the need to install drivers.(3)
The following HP LaserJet products will be enabled with the latest mobile printing functionality:
- HP LaserJet Pro CP1025nw Color Printer – HP ePrint Wireless Direct Printing and AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro M1217nfw MFP – HP ePrint Wireless Direct Printing and AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1102/1102w series – AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro P1560 series/ P1600 series – AirPrint
- HP LaserJet Pro 100 color MFP 175nw – AirPrint
With the firmware update, these HP LaserJet devices also will support the latest-generation mobile print apps recently announced by HP, which make the mobile print experience quick and easy for users, whether they are at home, the office or an HP ePrint public print location like FedEx Office®.(4)
Customers with HP LaserJet printers supporting HP ePrint via email, HP ePrint Wireless Direct and AirPrint can download the firmware update through their Mac™ or PC, with installation on HP LaserJet printers taking only a few minutes.
Once the new firmware is installed, customers will be able to print from any email-capable device immediately using HP ePrint. All HP LaserJet printers supporting HP ePrint that were manufactured after the availability of the new firmware will be shipped with the functionality and will not need to be manually updated.
Additional information on the firmware update is available at www.hp.com/go/eprint.
Additional information about HP ePrint and HP Business Apps is available from the HP ePrintCenter at www.hp.com/go/ePrintCenter.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure at the convergence of the cloud and connectivity, creating seamless, secure, context-aware experiences for a connected world. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Requires an internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any connected internet- and email-capable device. Print times may vary. Some HP LaserJet printers may require a firmware upgrade. A list of supported documents and image types is available at www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter. A list of additional solutions is available at www.hp.com/go/mobile-printing-solutions.
(2) Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point. Wireless operations compatible with 2.4 GHz routers only.
(3) Supports the following devices running iOS 4.2 or later: iPad, iPad 2, iPhone (3GS or later), iPod touch (third-generation or later). Works with HP’s AirPrint-enabled printers and requires the printer be connected to the same network as the iOS device. Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from the access point.
(4) Use of HP ePrint at mobile print locations requires internet- and email-capable smartphone or tablet with separately purchased wireless internet service, and the HP ePrint services app. Availability and cost of printing varies by mobile print location. The list of applicable smartphone and tablet operating systems is available at www.hp.com/go/eprintmobile. Solution works with PCL5/6, PCL3 and PCL3GUI printers (HP and non-HP). Availability and cost of printing varies at FedEx Office locations.
AirPrint and the AirPrint Logo, iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and Mac are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
This news advisory contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations, including execution of growth strategies, transformation initiatives and restructuring plans; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; the development and transition of new products and services (and the enhancement of existing products and services) to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; expectations and assumptions relating to the execution and timing of growth strategies, transformation initiatives and restructuring plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended July 31, 2011 and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2010. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2011 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.