HP Delivers Enterprise Agility with New Converged Infrastructure Solutions
LAS VEGAS -- HP todayannounced several industry-first Converged Infrastructure solutionsthat improve enterprise agility by simplifying deployment andspeeding IT delivery.
HP Converged Infrastructuresolutions are a key element in a client’s Instant-On Enterprisejourney. These offerings break through IT sprawl and turntechnology assets into interoperable, shared pools of resourceswith a common management platform. These new offerings include:
- ConvergedSystems, a new portfolio of turnkey, optimized and convergedhardware, software, tailored consulting and HP Solution Supportservices that enable clients to be up and running with newapplications in hours vs. months.(1) The solutionsaddress top application areas including real-time data analytics,database consolidation and data warehouse.
- Converged Storagearchitecture and portfolio, which integrates HP Store360 scale-outsoftware with HP BladeSystem and HP ProLiant hardware to reduce storage administration, speedtime to service delivery, increase energy efficiency and improveaccess for any data type or application workload. The offerings arecomplemented by new Storage Consultingservices.
- Converged DataCenter, a new class of HPPerformance Optimized Data Centers (PODs) that can be deployedfaster than any competitive offering – just 12 weeks – and at aquarter of the cost when compared to a traditional brick-and-mortardata center.(2) Extending HP’s leadership in modulardata centers, the HP POD240a, also referred to as the “HP EcoPOD,” uses 95 percent lessfacilities energy.(3)
- HP ServerAutomation 9.1 software seamlessly provisions physical andvirtual application instances across the entire life cycle.
UPS relies upon HPConverged Infrastructure solutions to help deliver more than 15million packages daily and keep its website available at alltimes for tracking. HP Converged Infrastructure allows UPS to scaletechnology resources to meet changing demands and support theorganization’s highly distributed environment.
Deliveringenterprise agility with Converged Infrastructure
Cloud computing andmobility are redefining how people live, how organizations operateand how the world interacts. Enterprises must instantly adjust tomeet the changing needs of users, customers and citizens by drivinginnovation and agility through technology. Yet IT sprawl is causingenterprise complexity and crippling the ability of organizations tokeep pace with enterprise demands.
Research conducted on behalf of HP found that 95 percent ofprivate and public sector executives consider agility important tothe success of their organizations. Plus, more than two-thirds ofC-suite executives believe that enterprise agility is driven bytechnology solutions.(4)
“In a world whereenterprises must instantly react to changing markets, clients areturning to HP Converged Infrastructure to dramatically improvetheir agility,” said Dave Donatelli, executive vice president andgeneral manager, Enterprise Servers, Storage and Networking, HP.“The new solutions announced today extend the benefits ofconvergence to deliver new levels of speed, simplicity andefficiency that enable clients to capitalize and anticipatechange.”
Converged Systemsaccelerate time to application value
HP Converged Systems speedsolution deployment by providing a common architecture, managementand security model across virtualization, cloud and dedicatedapplication environments. They include:
- HPVirtualSystem increases performance and reduces complexity withan architecture optimized for virtual server and virtual desktopenvironments. It integrates server, storage, networking,virtualization software and services, dramatically simplifyingdeployment and management. It also provides advanced security andsingle-pane-of-glass management across hybrid environments, and itsupports Microsoft® Hyper-V, Citrix Xen and VMware. HPVirtualSystem provides a simple path to cloud computing with arapid upgrade to HP CloudSystem.
- HP CloudSystem, originally announced January 2011, provides aplatform for building and managing cloud services across private,public and hybrid environments. Universal security, governance andmultitenant management enable clients to ensure quality of serviceand reduce risk.
- HP AppSystemmaximizes performance while simplifying deployment and applicationmanagement. These systems offer best practice operations with astandard architecture that lowers total cost of ownership. Amongthe new systems are HPVertica Analytics System, as well as HP Database ConsolidationSolution and HP Business Data Warehouse Appliance, which are both optimizedfor Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2.
HP Technology Services provides a full life cycle of consultingservices including strategy, assessment, design, test,implementation and training. HP SolutionSupport provides single-point-of-contact services for theentire turnkey solution, including third-party software.
HP ConvergedStorage drives rapid response
Legacy monolithic andunified storage architectures were designed to address predictableworkloads, structured data and dedicated access – before theexplosive growth of web browsers and smartphones. Today’srequirements, however, are exactly opposite, with unpredictableapplication workloads, such as cloud, virtualization and big dataapplications. These IT challenges change the relationship betweenstorage, servers, networks and applications, requiring a new levelof integration across the enterprise.
To address this gap instorage, HP’s new Converged Storage architecture fundamentallychanges how data is accessed by integrating scale-out storagesoftware with converged server and storage hardware platforms.Advanced management tools that span the architecture help speed ITservice delivery. As a result, clients can deploy and grow storage41 percent faster(5) while reducing administration timeby up to 90 percent.(6)
HP Converged Storagesolutions enable clients to independently increase performance andcapacity without downtime for any data type or applicationworkload. New solutions include:
- HP X5000 G2 Network Storage Systems increase availability forfile serving in small enterprise environments. Built on HPBladeSystem technology, they can be deployed in minutes and reducepower requirements up to 58 percent, cooling needs up to 63 percentand storage footprint up to 50 percent.(7)
- HP X9000 IBRIX Network Storage Systems optimize retention ofunstructured data with new compliance features and the capacity formore than 1 million snapshots. The solution provides insight to theenterprise on trends, market dynamics and other pertinent facts bysimplifying management of massive data sets. Policy managementcapabilities automate the movement of data to optimize resources.It is ideal as a content archiving solution for email, SharePointfiles, multimedia, medical image archival (Picture ArchiveCommunications Systems) and other file-based data.
Enhanced HP storagesystems and new services
HP’s fifth-generationEnterprise Virtual Array (EVA) family includes the new HP P6000 EVA, offering thin provisioning and Dynamic LUNMigration software along with 8 Gb Fibre Channel, 10 Gb iSCSI andFCoE support. This easy-to-manage solution enables clients toconsolidate application data to speed administration and reducetotal cost of ownership.
HP Enterprise Services hasintegrated HP 3PAR Storage into the HP Data Center Storage Package,which offers world-class storage management services that allowclients to “flex” their storage needs up and down with changes indemand. Offering thin provisioning and autonomic data tiering, thisservice provides 3PAR in a utility storage model.
HP also announced a new Storage ConsultingServices offering that helps clients to design and deploy aConverged Storage environment, optimize the storage infrastructure,reduce costs, and protect and align data while preparing storagefor cloud computing.
First ConvergedData Center sets standard for the future
Demands for data centercapacity continue to rise, however, traditional brick-and-mortarconstruction methods can take up to two years or longer to build,are costly and can consume more energy than the technology theysupport.
The HP POD 240a, the world’smost efficient data center, can be deployed in weeks vs. years, aswell as save upfront capital costs by up to 75 percent whencompared to a brick-and-mortar facility.(8) Annualfacilities energy savings can be reduced by up to 95 percent with aPower Usage Effectiveness (PUE) as low as 1.05, compared to a PUEof 2.0 for traditional data centers.(9)
Automation helpsdrive agility
HP Server Automation 9.1provides heterogeneous, automated server life cycle management forenterprise servers and applications for both converged andtraditional environments. With new integrated database automation,it offers a single tool that enables IT to significantly reduce thetime it takes to achieve full application life cycleautomation.
A live video of the HPDISCOVER press conference will be available at 10 a.m. PT on June 6at www.hp.com/go/agileIT.On-demand replays will be available.
Additional informationabout HP’s announcements at its premier client event, HP DISCOVER,is available at www.hp.com/go/agility2011.
HP creates newpossibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people,businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technologycompany, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing,personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure at theconvergence of the cloud and connectivity, creating seamless,secure, context-aware experiences for a connected world. Moreinformation about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
(1) Based oninternal HP testing.
(2) The HP POD240a offers a reduction in deployment time and annual energysavings when compared with traditional data centers built from theground up, based on HP internal engineering analyses. HP Pod-Worksallows for the build of multiple PODs simultaneously and featuresseven staging bays with 3 megawatts of power and networkconnections to perform customized assembly, testing and shipping,speeding time to value over the industry average, according to HPinternal testing.
(3) New PODtechnology from HP offers 95 percent greater energy efficiencycompared to a traditional brick-and-mortar data center, based oninternal HP testing.
(4) “The Stateof Agility,” research by Burson-Marsteller on behalf of HP, March2011.
(5) “2010Scale-Out Storage Survey,” ESG Research.
(6) Based ondocumented client results that are subject to unique businessconditions, client IT environment, HP products deployed and otherfactors. These results may not be typical; results may vary.
(7) As comparedto HP’s previous product offering, the X3820 2-Node Network StorageSystem.
(8) The HP POD240a offers a reduction in capital investment costs, saving clientsas much as $24.7 million over building a traditional 1.2 megawattdata center.
(9) Based on HPestimates and analysis of energy savings comparisons between an HPPOD 240a and traditional data center.
Microsoft is a U.S.registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
This news release containsforward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties andassumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or suchassumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidatedsubsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed orimplied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. Allstatements other than statements of historical fact are statementsthat could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but notlimited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives ofmanagement for future operations; any statements concerningexpected development, performance or market share relating toproducts and services; any statements regarding anticipatedoperational and financial results; any statements of expectation orbelief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of theforegoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions includemacroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitivepressures faced by HP’s businesses; the development and transitionof new products and services (and the enhancement of existingproducts and services) to meet customer needs and respond toemerging technological trends; the execution and performance ofcontracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; theachievement of expected operational and financial results; andother risks that are described in HP’s Quarterly Report on Form10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended January 31, 2011 and HP’s otherfilings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including butnot limited to HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal yearended October 31, 2010. HP assumes no obligation and does notintend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2011 Hewlett-PackardDevelopment Company, L.P. The information contained herein issubject to change without notice. The only warranties for HPproducts and services are set forth in the express warrantystatements accompanying such products and services. Nothing hereinshould be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HPshall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissionscontained herein.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.