HP Unveils Five New Innovative and Stylish Consumer Products for Holiday
PALO ALTO, Calif., Sept. 4, 2014 — HP today announced a new lineup of sleek consumer PCs including:
- Two new powerful HP ENVY x2 detachable PCs designed to deliver a notebook experience for productivity, but quickly transform to a tablet for entertainment and apps.
- The ultra-portable HP Pavilion x2 detachable PC designed for customers who want to simplify their life with a single device that transforms from tablet to laptop.
- Two new colorful HP Chromebooks that bring the power of the Chrome OS for a fast, simple, protected internet experience.
“Customers have told us they want devices that offer flexibility and performance while reflecting their personal sense of style,” said Mike Nash, vice president, Product Management, Consumer Personal Systems, HP. “The products we are announcing today include innovative designs, vibrant color options, choice of operating system and computing power to enable the way that customers communicate, play and live.”
Productivity and flexibility for work and play
HP further extends its award-winning HP ENVY portfolio with the addition of two new HP ENVY x2 detachable PCs. Available in 13.3-inch and 15.6-inch diagonal form factors, the HP ENVY x2 is powered by the latest-generation Intel® Core™ M processor and keeps up with the most demanding tasks while delivering great battery life. A fabric-covered, backlit Bluetooth keyboard provides flexibility for customers to find the most comfortable position for them, whether attached or not, and covers the screen for protection on the go.
Music lovers will appreciate access to more music, videos and photos on the go with 500GB hybrid hard drive storage(1) in the tablet on the HP Envy x2 15-inch or up to 256 GB of high-performance SSD on the HP Envy x2 13-inch, along with BeatsAudio™.
HP also announced the new HP Pavilion x2, a full-featured 10-inch diagonal Windows tablet that shifts to a full-featured laptop with a detachable dual-purpose keyboard/cover that both protects the screen and serves as a multiposition stand. The HP Pavilion x2 is a portable, versatile, highly affordable 2-in-1 PC powered by the latest-generation Intel Atom™ processor, and features front-firing speakers with DTS sound and a battery that lasts up to 11.75 hours(2) for serious staying power to shift from work to play without missing a beat.
Stylish new Chromebooks
Building on the success of its Chromebook offerings, HP is adding two new ultra-thin and light Chromebooks, the 11-inch HP Chromebook and full-size 14-inch HP Chromebook. Both include 100 GB of Google Drive cloud storage for two years,(3) allowing customers to access Google Apps, work on documents independently or collaboratively, enjoy third-party apps such as Hulu or Netflix, or stream TV with Google Chromecast.(4)
The 11-inch HP Chromebook is equipped with the latest Intel processor for blazing-fast internet access, an 11.6-inch diagonal HD display(5) delivering crisp resolution and long battery life to keep customers productive. Style-conscious customers can choose from vibrant colors like Ocean Turquoise, Snow White or Twinkle Black.(6)
The 14-inch HP Chromebook combines beautiful design, super-fast performance and a wide 14-inch FHD diagonal screen(5) for a superior Chrome experience. Powered by the latest-generation NVIDIA Tegra K1 processor with world-class graphics performance, the HP Chromebook provides smooth multitasking while browsing the web, running productivity apps or streaming music. Tegra K1’s breakthrough power efficiency gives the 14-inch HP Chromebook improved battery life. It also features a silent, slim, fanless design and is optimized for Google Hangouts, supporting Hangouts in HD.(5,7) Available in Twinkle Black or Snow White with a choice of complementary accent color options, including Smoke Silver, Sorbet Orange, Ocean Turquoise or Neon Green, the 14-inch HP Chromebook stands out in a crowd.(6)
Pricing and availability(8)
- The 13.3-inch HP ENVY x2 is expected to be available in the United States on Oct. 29 for a starting price of $1,049.99.
- The 15.6-inch HP ENVY x2 is expected to be available Nov. 5 for a starting price of $949.99.
- The HP Pavilion x2 is expected to be available in the United States beginning on Oct. 29 for a starting price of $329.99.
- The 11-inch HP Chromebook is expected to be available in the United States on Oct. 5 for a starting price of $279.99.
- The 14-inch HP Chromebook is expected to be available in the United States beginning on Oct. 22 for a starting price of $299.99.
(1) For hard drives, GB = 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 30 GB of hard drive is reserved for system recovery software.
(2) Battery life will vary depending on numerous factors including product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. Additional details are available at www.bapco.com.
(3) Google Drive trial offer must be used within first 60 days of purchase, tied to this device and is non-transferable. If this device is returned, the extra storage will be revoked. In order to redeem this offer, it will need to be on Chrome OS 23 or later. Internet access is required and not included. Additional information about storage plan refunds, renewals, cancellations and expiration is available at the Google website: https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/2703646?hl=en.
(4) Availability of features varies by country. Streaming services may require a paid subscription. May not be compatible with all music files. Not compatible with DRM tracks. Internet access is required and not included.
(5) High definition (HD) content is required to view high-definition images.
(6) Color availability may vary by region.
(7) Internet service required and not included.
(8) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Intel and Intel Core are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. The Bluetooth trademarks are owned by their proprietor and used by Hewlett-Packard Company under license. Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. AMD is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Google Play and Google Chromecast are registered trademarks of by Google Inc. and is used by Hewlett-Packard under license. Hulu is a registered trademark of Hulu Inc. and is used by Hewlett-Packard under license. Netflix is a registered trademark of Netflix Inc. and is used by Hewlett-Packard under license.
© 2014 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.