HP Enables Small and Midsize Businesses to Gain Competitive Edge
The new offerings expand the HP Total Care portfolio, which helps SMBs manage, protect and grow their businesses.
Improve security and risk management
- To significantly improve system availability while reducing the risk associated with security breaches and data, the HP Total Care Business Risk Mitigation solution offers customizable configurations of servers, storage, networking and security products. By leveraging this solution and best practices for data management, SMBs can reduce outages by as much as 85 percent.(1)
- For affordable data management, the HP StorageWorks X500 Data Vault Series allows small businesses to remain competitive by improving the protection of critical business data and automating backups. It enables small businesses with up to 10 PC and Mac clients to store information in a central place and easily share files regardless of employee location. Also, business owners can save money through a low purchase price, which is up to 22 percent less than comparable solutions.(3)
- For maximum uptime, the HP StorageWorks X3000 Network Storage Systems High Availability Bundles combine hardware and software into an efficient shared storage solution for file and application data. Based on the HP StorageWorks X3000 Network Storage Gateways and HP StorageWorks MSA2000 G2 storage arrays, the bundles increase efficiency by automatically eliminating duplicate files, protecting against drive failures and reducing setup time by up to 50 percent.(4) Helping to keep costs in check, the solution does not require extra license fees for networking protocols, file replication or snapshot capabilities.
Enhance productivity, reduce costs
To help customers save money, be more productive and manage security threats, HP announced:
- Improved administrative productivity with the HP ProCurve 1810G Switch Series. This series provides affordable gigabit connectivity that can be configured and maintained without a large or specialized staff. It offer customers flexible deployment options such as a fan-less design for silent operation, mounting options for easy deployment in any location and network security capabilities for protection against denial-of-service attacks. The eight-port model also features a Power-over-Ethernet option for connectivity in locations without readily available power sources. The series also is supported by the ProCurve Lifetime Warranty(5) to help customers better manage their overall networking expenses by providing value and choice for their business applications.
- For an affordable, lightweight notebook that does not compromise performance, the HP ProBook 5310m Notebook PC is the world’s thinnest full-performance notebook at 0.9-inches thin and 1.7 kilograms. Ideal for mobile SMBs, it delivers seven hours of battery life,(6) sports a 13.3-inch diagonal LED high-definition display and a standard voltage processor. HP QuickWeb allows users to access the web in seconds when the notebook is shut down.(7)
Maximize impact, decrease energy use
For SMBs that want to affordably grow while minimizing their environmental impact, HP introduced new printing and online marketing solutions:
- The HP Color LaserJet Professional CP5225 printer series (starting at CHF 1700), which is available in Switzerland as from November, offers exceptional print quality and network performance, making it easy for small businesses to affordably market themselves. It is the first printer to offer HP Auto-Off Technology, an industry-leading technology that intelligently senses when there is no print activity and automatically adjusts the power settings. This latest addition to the HP LaserJet family builds on 25 years of leadership in innovation, quality, performance and dependability, and sets the gold standard in business printing.
- To help SMBs easily select the best HP LaserJet printing system for their business, HP announced new sub-branding. Customers can choose from a comprehensive line of HP LaserJet “Professional” printers that provide professional and cost-effective results, while larger organizations can select from the HP LaserJet “Enterprise” portfolio.
New services and financing offers
To complement its new solutions, HP introduced services and financing offers to help SMBs in the United States purchase, use and
- To help SMBs manage costs and make purchasing easy, HP offers flexible financing solutions to deploy next-generation HP technology and services through HP Financial Services, the company’s leasing and lifecycle asset management services subsidiary. From now through October 31, 2009, SMBs can take advantage of the Economic Recovery Lease program, which offers a 36-month plan with fixed price purchase options.
New channel offerings
Lastly, HP announced enhanced SMB offerings available through its channel partners, including channel-only products, channel-led Managed Print Services programs and HP certified solutions, that enable SMBs to better compete in today’s marketplace. The offerings include:
- Products available through the channel will initially focus on the workflow, imaging and printing security and job accounting, and device management arenas;
- Greater investment in tools and programs that enable reseller partners to offer Managed Print Services to their customers. In the United States, HP has established new relationships with industry leaders that offer managed print infrastructure and services for resale by value-added reseller partners. In Europe, HP is creating an integrated platform and brokering a network of service partners that will enable resellers to sell contractual print offerings as well as higher valued services not previously available to SMB customers; and
- Certified solutions for the channel that include partner training, product sourcing and technical support for select independent software vendor solutions from HP’s Solutions Business Partner Program.
“By investing in new IT solutions now, SMBs will be in a stronger position to seize growth opportunities and thrive as the economy rebounds,” said Kathy Chou, vice president, Worldwide Small and Midsize Business Strategy, HP. “With today’s announcement, HP continues to enrich its Total Care offerings to meet the evolving needs of our SMB customers.”
Additional information about HP’s expanded Total Care offering for SMBs is available at www.hp.com/go/CompetitiveEdge.
HP, the world’s largest technology company, simplifies the technology experience for consumers and businesses with a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com/ch.
Hewlett-Packard (Schweiz) GmbH
Tel: 058 444 53 08
(1) IDC White Paper sponsored by HP, Reducing Downtime and Business Loss: Addressing Business Risk with Effective Technology, #219697, August 2009.
(3) The HP StorageWorks X510 Data Vault costs 22 percent less than the Buffalo Terastation III 2TB product.
(4) Based on internal HP testing.
(5) Details are available in the ProCurve Software License, Warranty and Support booklet at www.procurve.com/warranty.
(6) Battery life will vary depending on the product model, configuration, loaded applications, features and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will decrease with time and usage. Sold separately or as an add-on feature.
(7) Accessible when the notebook is off in Windows® XP, Windows Vista® or Windows 7 based systems. Timing may vary depending on the system configuration. Internet access required. QuickWeb on HP ProBook s-series requires configuration with Intel® and DDR3 or AMD and DDR.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.