What do I get with HP+?
With HP+, you get all the innovation included with standard print hardware plus exclusive solutions and incentives.
HP+ has the following exclusive benefits:
- An extended HP warranty for additional peace of mind
- 6 months of HP Instant Ink⁵, a subscription service that ensures new ink or toner cartridges are delivered to your door before you ever run out.² After 6 months, monthly fee applies unless cancelled.
- New connected cloud that automatically detects and fixes connectivity issues1
- New Smart Security settings monitoring system that detects and helps mitigate malware attacks6
- New native in-OS printing to print from virtually anywhere on any device6
- New Private Pickup feature releases documents only when you are at the printer
- New Forest First feature - HP+ puts our planet first with net zero-deforestation prints where we plant trees and protect forests in equal measure for every page you print.7
How do I get HP+?
Buy an HP+ enabled printer. Confirm or activate HP+ during printer setup. Optionally, sign up for 6 months of Instant Ink within 7 days of setting up the printer.⁵
What are the requirements of HP+?
HP+ requires an HP account, Internet connection, and use of Original HP Ink or Toner for the lifetime of the printer. Once activated, HP+ is embedded in the device and will require the use of Original HP Ink or Toner for the lifetime of the printer.
Is HP+ a subscription?
HP+ is not a subscription. It is a cloud-based printing solution embedded in select HP printers. There are no costs specifically associated with HP+ beyond the initial purchase of the printer.
Is my printer eligible for HP+?
Currently, HP+ is available with the HP LaserJet M200 Series, HP OfficeJet Pro 8000e and 9000e Series, DeskJet 2700e and 4100e Series, and ENVY 6000e and 6400e Series. You can expect to see HP+ expand to more countries and printers over time.
Do I have to keep my Instant Ink subscription for HP+ to continue working?
No. Customers can choose to participate in Instant Ink, which provides convenience and cost savings of up to 50 percent3,4, or purchase Original HP Ink or Toner directly from the retailer of their choice. HP+ printers requires the use of Original HP Ink or Toner to operate even after expiration of the Instant Ink trial.
What if I don’t want HP+?
HP customers have options when purchasing HP printers. There are functionally equivalent HP printers available without HP+.
To buy the HP LaserJet M200 Series printer without HP+, you can purchase the standard version of the printer. To learn more, visit www.hp.com/standard.
For HP OfficeJet Pro 8000e and 9000e Series printers, DeskJet 2700e and 4100e Series, and ENVY 6000e and 6400e Series, a customer can choose to skip HP+ activation during printer setup.
What is HP standard?
HP standard printers are printers available without the benefits of HP+. HP standard printers, however, are intended to work only with cartridges that have a new or reused HP chip or circuitry, and they use dynamic security measures to block cartridges using a non-HP chip or circuitry. Periodic firmware updates will maintain the effectiveness of these measures and block cartridges that previously worked. A reused HP chip or circuitry enables the use of reused, remanufactured, and refilled cartridges.