Frequently Asked Questions
- What about security?
- What happens to my personal information?
- What are "Clearance items" products?
- What if the product I want isn't available on HP Store?
- Can I order by phone?
- How can I pay for my order?
- How long will an item remain in my cart?
- How long is a quote valid?
- What happens if one of the products I ordered is out of stock?
- What can I expect when I place an order?
- Why is my HP order charged twice?
- Can I change or add products to my recent order?
- How do I check the status of my order?
- When will I receive my order?
- Why would I receive a 'Delivery Notice' that directs me to pick-up my order at a location other than my delivery address?
- How do I use an e-coupon?
- What if my e-coupon doesn't work?
- Can I use an e-coupon if I place an order by phone?
- How do I return my order?
- I got my computer, but it doesn’t seem to be working. Anything you can do for me?
- I need a new power cord for my PC. Where can I find replacement parts?
- What is Instant Ink?
- What is HP Payment?
- Is HP Payment a legitimate service?
- How can I be sure that my payment information is safe with HP Payment?
What about security?
HP is committed to ensuring the security of your information. HP Store safeguards your information using the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, the most widely accepted Internet encryption standard. This system protects your private information while it is transferred from your computer's server to ours.
As you navigate the site, you may receive security warning messages, depending on your browser settings. These messages are simply letting you know that you're entering or leaving a secure area.
What do you do with my personal information?
HP is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. Here's how HP Store uses the information in your profile:
We use your address to send you the products you ordered.
We use your e-mail address to send you confirmation of your order and confirmation of shipment and to sign you in (along with your password)
Phone and Fax Numbers:
We keep your telephone and fax numbers on file to notify you in case of a problem with your order. Credit card numbers are used only for payment processing and fraud protection, and are not retained for other purposes.
What are "Clearance items" products?
All products listed in our Clearance items are brand-new discontinued products shipped in original packaging. We usually have very limited quantities of these products and when they are gone, we can't get more.
There are no refurbished models available through the Clearance items.
What if the product I want isn't available on HP Store?
Click here to find an HP reseller in your area.
Can I order by phone?
Yes, if you prefer to order over the phone, you can speak to one of our sales associates at 1-877-231-4351. For Sales contact center hours Click here.
How can I pay for my order?
We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express credit cards (Canadian credit card with Canadian billing and shipping addresses only).
We also accept both VISA Debit and Mastercard Debit cards.
If your bank card says either VISA Debit or Mastercard Debit, you can use it to shop on the HP Canada Store and safely pay directly from your bank account.
To pay with VISA Debit or Mastercard Debit, simply select 'VISA' or 'Mastercard' as the card type during checkout.
Enter your bank card number and expiration date in the designated fields.
Enter your security code or 'CVV Number' in the designated field. The security code is most often found on the back of your bank card.
If you are unsure if your bank card includes VISA or Mastercard Debit functionality, please contact your bank for more information. Please note: We do not accept any type of prepaid debit cards.
Call 1-877-231-4351 and an HP sales representative will be happy to assist you with your purchase.
How long will an item remain in my cart?
Your cart will remain available to you for 30 days.
The list of items in your Cart does not reflect an actual order. They are items that have been added to your Cart. Until an order is submitted and an order number is assigned, prices and availability are subject to change.
How long is a quote valid?
Any quotation provided by HP will be valid for the duration stated in the quotation. If no duration is stated, such quotation will be valid for 48 hours subject to product availability.
What happens if one of the products I ordered is out of stock?
We'll notify you if you order a product that is out of stock and offer you a substitute product similar in functionality and specifications to the product originally ordered. You'll be given the opportunity to accept or reject the substitute product and price. The price for this new product may differ from the price of the product you originally ordered.
Clearance items are sold on a first-come, first-served basis. If you order an item from our Clearance items that we've run out of stock on, no substitution will be offered.
What can I expect when I place an order?
Need help completing your order? Call us at 1-877-231-4351
Here's your step-by-step guide as to what to expect when you place an order with the HP Online Store:
Please note: We will send the below email notifications to your registered email address (if you have an account with us) or to the email address you specified when placing your order.
- Order acknowledgement email
Shortly after placing your order you will receive a summary email confirming that we have received your order.
- Order shipment confirmation email
As soon as your order is dispatched, you will receive an email with the tracking details. Please Click Here (use our link) to visit the Track My Order page for the most up to date status of your order.
Your invoice will be generated 1 day after shipment and will be sent by email.
Why is my HP order charged twice?
Your credit card will be charged only once and only after your order ships.
Before your order ships, you will notice a pre-authorization hold in the amount of your order on your credit card statement. The pre-authorization validates the credit card number, status, available credit and billing information to ensure that it matches exactly what the bank or credit card company has on file. At this point your card hasn't been charged yet.
Once an authorization is received, you may notice a decrease in your available credit limit. Your bank or credit card company may put a hold on this dollar amount for a specified period of time. Each financial institution has a different policy on the time period of authorization holds. Please keep in mind that depending upon your bank's timeframe, the funds can re-appear immediately or require a few days prior to release.
If you'd like to find out more about the timeframe you can expect, we recommend getting in touch with your bank or credit card company.
Can I change or add products to my recent order?
Once your order is placed, it cannot be changed. We are unable to change or add to the order no matter how small the change may be.
- If a change is necessary, you will need to cancel the current order and place a new order – see detailed cancellation instructions below. Please wait for us to confirm the order cancellation was successful, as we have a limited amount of time to cancel the order before it ships. Although we will try our best to assist you we cannot guarantee we will be able to cancel your order in time.
Can I edit my current order (order details, shipping/billing information, email, etc.)?
- Once your order is placed, it cannot be edited. If a change is necessary, you will need to cancel the current order and place a new order – see detailed cancellation instructions below. Please wait for us to confirm the order cancellation was successful, as we have a limited amount of time to cancel the order before it ships. Although we will try our best to assist you we cannot guarantee we will be able to cancel your order in time.
- Delivery address changes may be possible without order cancellation and replacement but are subject to timing and security verification. Please contact us as soon as possible for further advice.
How to cancel an order that hasn’t been shipped yet
We pride ourselves on our quick turnaround time and this means there is only a small window to cancel your order before it ships. Although we will try our best to assist you we cannot guarantee we will be able to cancel your order in time.
You can cancel items or orders that haven't been shipped from our warehouse by calling us at 1-877-231-4351
How do I check the status of my order?
To get the most up to date information regarding your order, please Click Here to log into the Track My Order page where you can check the following:
- Check real-time order status: The horizontal progress bar represents the status of your order flow. You can see the progress of your order marked in blue.
- Check real-time delivery status: Once your order is "out for delivery" you will be able to track the latest delivery status using the highlighted Tracking Number (click the "View Details" button below "Out for Delivery" to show the Tracking Number).
- Contact us: Click on "I have a question about my order" to contact us for any delivery related questions.
When will I receive my order?
We ship many orders the same business day. Orders placed weekdays after 5 p.m. Eastern time (2 p.m. Pacific time), weekends, holidays and orders containing certain large products ship the next business day. Most orders will be received within 3-5 business days. Deliveries to some areas, including northern territories, may require additional time. Once your order has shipped you will be provided a tracking number via email and you will be able to use this number to track the shipment status of your order.
To get the most up to date information regarding your order, please Click here
Why would I receive a ‘Delivery Notice’ that directs me to pick-up my order at a location other than my delivery address?
If our carrier partners cannot deliver your order as expected to the designated delivery address, your package(s) will be sent to a pickup location (ex. carrier shipping centre or post office).
If this occurs, as per carrier policy, they will leave a ‘Delivery Notice’ at your address, providing you with directions on where to pick-up your package(s).
Situations where a pick-up may be required include, but are not solely restricted to, the following:
- The package(s) cannot be accommodated by the delivery location (ex. the community mailbox is full or the package is too large)
- There is no one available to receive the package(s) and there is no secure location in which to leave it
If you are required to pick-up your package(s), please arrive at the designated pick-up location with the following information:
- Delivery Notice card
- Government issued photo ID
How do I use an e-coupon?
To redeem e-coupons, simply add the product you wish to order to your shopping cart, proceed to checkout and enter the e-coupon code in the E-coupon code section. You must click APPLY CODE to have your e-coupon validated.
What if my e-coupon doesn't work?
If your e-coupon code is rejected, there may be several reasons:
- You have entered the e-coupon code incorrectly. Please check the code and re-enter the e-coupon code without any spaces in the e-coupon field during your order checkout, as it cannot be applied later.
- You are trying to apply a discount to a product not included in the e-coupon offer. E-coupon codes may only be valid in specific instances (as outlined in the e-coupon terms and conditions).
- Your e-coupon has expired. All Voucher Codes will have an expiration date. Please check the instructions given to you along with the e-coupon code.
- Your e-coupon requires a minimum purchase which has not been met. E-coupons can only be applied to an order $0.01 in excess of coupon value e.g. if you have e-coupon valued at $20.00 then this can be applied to orders above $20.01 or may require a minimum dollar value to activate. Please check the instructions given to you along with the e-coupon code.
- Only one e-coupon code can be used per purchase
If our site doesn't accept your e-coupon, and you believe you have a valid coupon, please contact us at 1-877-231-4351 for assistance.
Can I use an e-coupon if I place an order by phone?
Yes, HP Store e-coupons are valid for purchases made online or by phone. You'll need to provide your e-coupon code to the sales associate before your order is submitted in order to receive your discount.
How do I return my order?
You can return most purchases made online at HP Store within 30 calendar days (10 calendar days for Clearance items and refurbished products) of your delivery date. Software and Large format printer (for eg. Designjets) cannot be returned. Click here for full details on our returns policy.
I received a defective product
In the unlikely event there has been a problem with your HP product, we want to fix it fast. Where possible please let us know within 30 days of delivery.
- The first step is to contact our HP Technical Support to troubleshoot your product as they may be able to fix the problem without the inconvenience of having to make a return. Tech Support toll-free phone number: (800) 474-6836.
- If our Technical Support cannot fix the problem, they will provide you with either a Call ID or a Tech Support Case number; please have this available when you contact the HP Store.
- Next, you must get a notice of return authorization number (NOR) by calling us at (877) 231-4351.
- Check your e-mail for the return instructions and print it within 10 days.
- Replace the product in its original packaging and include all items that were originally in the box.
- Remove (or cover) any original shipping labels and affix the new label.
- Follow the instructions on the email to proceed with the return.
Note: You must return the product within 10 calendar days of the issuance of the NOR. If you do not follow this process, your credit or exchange may be delayed, and you will assume risk of loss and payment of return shipping charges. Do not refuse delivery or return the product without calling us.
I got my computer, but it doesn’t seem to be working. Anything you can do for me?
For help in identifying the problem and getting you up and running, please call the appropriate number listed below:
- HP Technical Support: 1-800-474-6836
I need a new power cord for my PC. Where can I find replacement parts?
Please call one of the numbers listed below to find replacement parts for your product(s):
- HP Spare Parts: 1-800-227-8164
What is Instant Ink?
HP Instant Ink is a printing service exclusive to HP printers: a way to print that saves you time and money. Here is how it works.
- Choose a printing plan based on the number of pages you expect to print in a month.
- When you enroll and provide a shipping address, a set of HP Instant cartridges is shipped to you.
- Your service starts immediately upon enrollment using the cartridges that shipped with your printer.
- If you enroll for the trial offered during printer setup, your free months of service start right away.
- After the trial period, you are billed at the end of your billing cycle each month.
- Instant Ink monitors your usage and automatically ships ink or toner cartridges before you need them.
- You only receive Instant Ink cartridges when you need them so you may not receive them every month.
- Shipping and cartridge recycling are included with your service.
- When you print less than your plan amount, unused pages roll over up to the maximum for your plan.
- If you print over your plan amount, additional pages are added to your monthly bill.
- Color, black and white, and photo prints are counted the same way.
- Upgrade, downgrade, or cancel your service at any time with no extra fees or penalties. Instant Ink cartridges only work while your plan is active.
For more information, go to HP Instant Ink.
What is HP Payment?
HP Payment is a secure and convenient payment solution that we use in our call center to protect our customers' sensitive payment information. With HP Payment, you don't have to provide your payment card number over the phone, reducing the risk of fraud and identity theft.
Is HP Payment a legitimate service?
Yes, HP Payment is a reputable and reliable service that is used to securely process payments. HP Payment is fully compliant with PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) regulations, which means it meets the highest standards for data security and protection.
How can I be sure that my payment information is safe with HP Payment?
HP Payment uses advanced encryption and tokenization technologies to protect your payment information. This means that your sensitive data is never stored in our system, and can't be accessed or stolen by unauthorized parties. Additionally, HP Payment undergoes regular security audits and testing to ensure that their systems are up-to-date and secure.