HP Teams with VMware on Virtualization Bundles for Small and Midsize Businesses
For many SMBs, the biggest barriers-to-entry for deploying virtualization are the complexity and costs involved, including those associated with setting up external shared storage to support the virtual machines. The new HP Virtualization Bundles eliminate these barriers in several ways. First, through the use of integrated LeftHand technology, SMBs no longer need to purchase an external storage array typically required to support a virtualized environment. It does this by leveraging server disk drives or direct-attached storage to provide the highly available shared storage and ensure virtualized applications stay available if a server goes down.
Second, by integrating HP ProLiant servers, HP LeftHand P4000 SAN, HP ProCurve networking products, the HP Insight Control management suite and VMware vSphere 4 software, HP has eliminated the guess work out of deploying a complete virtual environment.
The solution further drives down costs by eliminating the need for a fiber channel storage-area network (SAN), as SMBs can use a standard Ethernet network or local disk drives. This also speeds deployment for organizations that may lack the resources or expertise to deploy a fibre channel SAN.
“Customers of all sizes need the financial and utilization benefits virtualization can deliver,” said Paul Gottsegen, vice president, marketing, Enterprise Servers and Storage, HP. “To deploy virtualization, SMBs are typically required to purchase pricy external storage and re-architect their entire environment. Now for the first time, HP is eliminating this barrier to entry, making virtualization easier to deploy.”
To simplify the deployment process for SMB customers, HP has developed three Virtualization Bundles that deliver fully integrated sets of pre-defined and pre-tested components required to deploy virtualization technology. The bundles span entry-level solutions ideal for customers with small environments or branch offices, to advanced solutions that deliver the highest levels of uptime. HP also is introducing two bundles for larger, more complex environments, including deployments across multiple physical locations.
HP Virtualization Bundles include:
• VMware vSphere™ 4 Virtualization platform – provides easy, on-demand access to VMware’s industry-leading virtualization software. vSphere enables SMBs to improve utilization rates for x86 servers by an average of up to 60 percent(1) to reduce capital and operating costs.
• HP Insight Control suite (ICE) – gives SMBs greater control over their physical and virtual infrastructure through essential infrastructure management software. Insight Control delivers proven savings on management costs – up to $48,380 per 100 users.(2)
• HP ProLiant G6 servers – deliver double the performance of previous generations while cutting power and cooling costs by 50 percent. With ProLiant G6 servers, customers can run twice as many virtual machines per server,(3) enabling them to do more with less.
• HP LeftHand P4000 SAN solutions – enable customers to save up to 35 percent(4) on storage costs in a virtual server environment. To ensure that application requirements are met, administrators can leverage existing resources to cost-effectively deploy shared storage that remains accessible even during site failures.
• HP ProCurve networking switches – provide an array of deployment options with the flexibility to tackle high-bandwidth applications for data, video, voice and unified communications. Backed by the ProCurve Lifetime Warranty, customers are ensured next-business day advance replacement for as long as they own the product.
These virtualization bundles are a breakthrough combination for SMBs,” Dan Chu, vice president, Emerging Products and Markets, VMware. “The powerful combination of VMWare vSphere virtualization software with HP’s LeftHand technology means more SMBs will be able to take advantage of the cost and efficiency benefits virtualization can deliver.”
Pricing and availability
There are a total of five HP Virtualization Bundles, all available worldwide in June with pricing starting at under€4,500.(5) Prices vary based on specific configurations.
More information on HP Virtualization Bundles is available at www.hp.com/go/virtkit.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.