Adaptive Infrastructure Delivered with HP BladeSystem Matrix
HP Adaptive Infrastructure
HP’s Adaptive Infrastructure (AI) strategy provides proven methodologies that enable customers to move from high-cost IT islands to an automated, service-ready technology infrastructure that drives more value to their businesses. Built on an industry-standard platform, HP BladeSystem Matrix is the most advanced, best integrated and easiest way for businesses to achieve an AI.
HP BladeSystem Matrix
The HP BladeSystem Matrix is the industry’s first all-in-one software, server, storage and networking platform that allows customers to get the benefits of a converged system without a “rip and replace” strategy for all data center investments.
Based on the HP BladeSystem portfolio, the platform offers customers sophisticated energy management. Businesses can double the power capacity of their technology infrastructures through HP Dynamic Power Capping as well as capture historical power usage for more accurate budgeting and capacity planning.
Matrix dramatically simplifies complex infrastructure tasks such as capacity planning and disaster recovery, and it automates provisioning. As a result, companies can save up to 79 percent in operations costs and realize payback in eight months with a potential 323 percent return on investment (ROI) in three years.(1)
A self-service portal provides access to a library of application templates that help customers employ best practice design, removing risk and reducing time needed for application deployment. The automated workflow engine with template-based provisioning increases productivity. It removes manual steps and facilitates coordination among technology teams to allocate resources to applications, lowering service delivery time from days to minutes.
Customers receive the following benefits from HP BladeSystem Matrix and MOE:
• Accelerated service delivery times, cutting a typical deployment process from 33 days to 108 minutes(2)
• Simplified planning through deep insight into power usage, network bandwidth, storage capacity and the available virtual or physical server resources
• Affordable failover and disaster recovery protection for all applications
• 4-to-1 network equipment consolidation plus the ability to fine-tune 10-Gb Ethernet bandwidth based on application need
• Reduced Fibre Channel connection costs by up to 65 percent(3)
• Lower power and cooling costs by up to 92 percent(4)
• Reclaim up to 50 percent of data center circuit capacity(4)
The HP BladeSystem Matrix Starter Kit includes an HP BladeSystem c7000 enclosure, the HP ProLiant BL460c G6 management blade with installed HP Insight Dynamics - VSE, HP StorageWorks Enterprise Virtual Array 4400 and redundant HP Virtual Connect Flex-10 Ethernet and 8Gb Fibre Channel modules.
Each Matrix platform includes comprehensive HP Factory Express integration, on-site implementation, and one-year, 24/7 software support and service updates for management software components. Through HP Matrix Services, customers are able to speed deployment and lower the risks often associated with adopting new technologies. The services also help customers avoid time-consuming training for in-house staff for one-off installation tasks. In addition, customers have access to integrated hardware and software expertise for problem identification and resolution.
HP Financial Services provides “pay-as-you-grow” financing to help customers lower the cost of acquisition, education and extended support.
Pricing and availability
The HP BladeSystem Matrix is available today directly from HP or through certified channel partners. The starting U.S. list price for the starter kit with SAN is $150,000.(5)
More information about HP BladeSystem Matrix is available at http://www.hp.com/go/matrix.
More information about HP Adaptive Infrastructure is available at http://www.hp.com/go/adaptiveinfrastructure.
(1) Based on a three-year ROI/TCO analysis using HP/Alinean HP Insight Dynamics - VSE Suite for ProLiant Servers ROI Calculator, consolidating 320 rack-mount servers to 64 server blades in a BladeSystem Matrix.
(2) HP beta customer analysis.
(3) Compared to Fibre Channel equipment costs of 16 HP blades servers vs. 1U rack-mount servers.
(4) HP analysis. Compared to similarly configured rack-mount servers.
(5) Actual price may vary.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.