HP ProCurve Expands Security Portfolio to Address Firewall and Intrusion Prevention Markets
As part of the HP ProCurve ProActive Defense security portfolio, HP is introducing the new HP ProCurve Threat Management Services Module, which provides firewall, virtual private network (VPN) and intrusion prevention (IPS) functionality. This multifunction security module eliminates the need for a separate appliance by physically integrating into the HP ProCurve 8212 and 5400 series switches.
HP also unveiled a new version of the HP ProCurve Manager Plus product suite, designed to help businesses secure and simplify network management. HP ProCurve Manager Plus allows businesses of all sizes to prevent security breaches by centrally managing user access for both wired and wireless networks.
“Customers are able to reduce overall security costs while simplifying the complexity of network security with HP ProCurve’s switch and mobility products,” said Mauricio Sanchez, chief security architect, HP ProCurve. “These new security solutions help customers secure their businesses by effectively managing and securing their networks.”
The HP ProCurve ProActive Defense network security strategy provides customers security solutions that can adapt to users, applications and changing business environments. ProActive Defense secures customer networks by combining pre-emptive techniques including comprehensive access control with innovative defensive methods such as automated threat detection.
HP ProCurve Threat Management Services Module
The HP ProCurve Threat Management Services Module protects networks, servers and data in transit through firewall, IPS and VPN capabilities. This solution also integrates with HP ProCurve’s existing wireless IPS solution to provide threat management services across wired and wireless networks, supported by the ProCurve Lifetime Warranty.(1)
The HP ProCurve Threat Management Services Module also provides a cost-effective option for customers looking to compartmentalize their campus environments into multiple zones for compliance purposes.
Network visibility and security management suite
The HP ProCurve Manager Plus 3.0 management platform enables customers to map, configure and monitor wired and wireless networks. The platform offers a single pane view of network-wide management control, allowing customers to securely add, customize and restrict network management access to users.
Additional management features include updates of the HP ProCurve Manager Plus 3.0 security suite:
• ProCurve Mobility Manager 3.0 – Provides visualization capabilities to plan, deploy, manage and report a wireless local area network (WLAN). It also predicts the area of radio frequency coverage and offers the ability to monitor WLAN infrastructure and rogue access points across the network.
• Network Immunity Manager 2.0 – Provides a rich toolset to manage internal network threat detection and response in a wired and wireless network environment. It also provides central management of the HP ProCurve Threat Management Services Module.
• Identity Driven Manager 3.0 – Gives network administrators the ability to dynamically provision network access to meet business policies as users and devices connect to the network.
Pricing and availability(2)
• Threat Management Services zl Module (Firewall/VPN): $16,999
• Threat Management Services zl Module with one-year
IPS subscription service bundle (Firewall/VPN/IPS): $19,599
• Three-year IPS subscription/renewal: $9,399
• ProCurve Manager Plus 3.0 50-device license upgrade: $1,499
• ProCurve Mobility Manager 3.0 SW 50-device license: $1,999
• Network Immunity Manager 2.0 50-device base license: $8,699
• Identity Driven Manager v3 500 User License: $5,499
All products will be available May 1.
Additional information and pricing is available at www.procurve.com/security.
About HP ProCurve Networking
As part of the HP Technology Solutions Group, HP ProCurve is the Network of Choice for best-in-class solutions, products and services for wired and wireless networks.
HP ProCurve was positioned in the Leaders quadrant in research and advisory firm Gartner Inc.’s 2008 Magic Quadrant Report for Global Campus LANs and is a worldwide leader in Ethernet switch market revenue and ports according to Dell’Oro Group.
More information about HP ProCurve is available at http://www.procurve.com/.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.