HP StorageWorks Enterprise Virtual Arrays
The EVA6400/8400 are enterprise-class virtual storage arrays that provide more capacity and more performance in the same square footage than previous generations. The EVA’s virtualized storage architecture allows customers to utilize more of the available capacity they’ve purchased. Through the Dynamic Capacity Manager (DCM) software, the EVA maximizes storage utilization by reducing over-allocation. This happens when more storage than needed is allocated to particular applications. These features, coupled with the built-in, advanced virtualization capabilities, make the EVA6400/8400 ideal for customers that need to manage large amounts of data while maximizing capacity and performance utilization.
The EVA6400/8400 continue to deliver maximum availability for continuous uptime, as well as advanced provisioning and array management software.
Additional features and benefits include:
Improved return on investment
• Provides improved array density by supporting more capacity in a single rack.
• Maximizes utilization and improves performance by automatically placing virtualized data across all disk drives.
• Provides faster access to mission-critical data with Solid State Disk support. This improves application performance for data-intensive applications.
• Increases the maximum logical unit number (LUN) size to 32 terabytes (TB) and cache to 22 gigabytes (GB) to enhance application flexibility.
• Delivers two times the availability of traditional RAID 5 with virtualized RAID 6 (Vraid 6). EVA’s Vraid 6 ensures data is protected during disk failures like traditional RAID 6 in addition to all the benefits of EVA virtualization including the ability to automatically grow and shrink data sets.
Simplified management and integration
• Virtualization capabilities, coupled with HP management software (Command View EVA) and installation services, simplify deployment and management. This reduces administrative resources.
• Adds or removes virtual storage and seamlessly provisions it as application requirements grow.
• Offers robust local and remote replication capabilities, in addition to non-disruptive restores, for ongoing data protection through a suite of integrated HP software, including Dynamic Capacity Management software for maximizing capacity utilization, Business Copy EVA and Continuous Access EVA.
• Easily integrates with a broad range of leading business applications, including Microsoft® Exchange Server, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle E-Business Suite, SAP ERP, SAP Supply Chain Management, and SAP Business Intelligence.
• Provides broad support for virtual operating systems including Microsoft Windows® Server 2008 Hyper-V, VMware ESX Server, Citrix ZenServer, Oracle Virtual Machine and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Virtualization.
Pricing and availability
The HP StorageWorks EVA6400 and EVA8400 are currently available with U.S. list prices starting at $24,240 and $61,456, respectively.(1) For accelerated and dependable deployment, HP Factory Express can fully configure systems and load data prior to shipment. The HP EVA6400 and EVA8400 three-year next-business-day warranty includes installation and start-up.
More information about the HP EVA6400 and EVA8400 is available at www.hp.com/go/EVA6484.
(1) Estimated U.S. list prices. Actual prices may vary.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.