HP Fuels Growth, Innovation for Small and Midsize Businesses
PALO ALTO, Calif. -- HPtoday announced new solutions, advanced technology and an expandedentrepreneur program to enable small and midsize businesses (SMBs)to drive growth, improve employee productivity and protectassets.
Representing an estimated$234 billion in total addressable market,(1) SMBs arefaced with daily challenges that include controlling costs,managing employee productivity and gaining access to credit. HP iscommitted to delivering solutions, financing and programs thatallow clients to realign resources toward growth andinnovation.
HP also has added 40 new training centers to its global program, HPLearning Initiative for Entrepreneurs (HP LIFE), which empowersmicroenterprises and SMBs to create new revenue streams. Since2007, HP has invested more than $20 million in the program,resulting in the creation of more than an estimated 20,000 jobs andmore than approximately 6,500 new businesses.
Maximize employeeproductivity with collaboration
HP provides SMBs with abroad range of technologies that reduce costs, improve efficiencyand ensure collaboration for greater employee productivity. Newsolutions enable clients to:
- Increase productivity with the HP ProLiant ML110 G7, an entry-level server that is simple todeploy and manage. It supports basic office applications such asweb messaging, small databases, file and print, as well as smallvertical applications.
- Scale performance with the HP ProLiant DL120 G7 server, a powerful, entry-levelrack-optimized server running a wide range of dedicatedapplications, including IT infrastructure applications, web,messaging, file and print operations, small internet applicationsand shared web access.
- Simplify deployment and management with the HP V1810-48G web-managed switch. This 48-port switch easilyintegrates into existing multivendor networks and accommodatesincreasing performance requirements as businesses grow anddevelop.
- Reduce energy costs with the easy-to-install, standards-basedHP V1410 unmanaged Fast Ethernet switch series. The first IEEEEnergy Efficiency Ethernet compliant switches are operational outof the box to offer SMBs an affordable entry-level networkingsolution.
- Increase performance with the HP P2000 G3 Modular Smart Array (MSA). Among the industry’sfirst entry-level storage solutions to support the VMware API for Array Integration and VMware vCenter, the HPP2000 MSA allows SMBs to get enterprise-class performance andVMware manageability. In addition, HP Insight Control Storage Module Manager for VMware vCenterenables management and monitoring of server, storage and networkingresources for virtual machines within the vCenter console.
Control disruptionswith business protection
The explosive growth ofdata and email is creating increased risk and complexity as well asrecurring disaster recovery expenses for SMBs. These new solutionsaddress challenges allowing SMBs to:
- Lower management costs up to 30 percent and reduce risk byconsolidating technology with the HP Branch Office Consolidation solution. This turnkey solutionoffers a concise business plan and management software to help SMBssimplify, automate and integrate infrastructure to increaseefficiency, reduce operational risk and support branchoffices.(2)
- Minimize backup time by 90 percent and reduce recovery by 87percent(3) with HP Business Risk Mitigation. Thecomprehensive infrastructure solution includes configurations forservers, storage and network upgrades, as well as managementsoftware for PCs, printers and other technology, to deliverhigh-availability data protection, security and offsite disasterrecovery.
- Reduce risk of critical data loss with HPPC Backup Services, which reliably back up files on employeePCs ensuring rapid data restore in the event of an outage,corrupted files or a lost or stolen PC.
Identify futuregrowth and revenue opportunities
Leveraging data to gaininsight and make decisions is crucial to establishing a competitiveadvantage. Until now, this has been too complex and costly for manymidsize businesses. HP has added business intelligence solutions toits HP AppSystemportfolio that are ideal for midsize organizations needing toeasily mine rich customer data. As a result, clients can:
- Accelerate analysis of new and existing data sources with HP Business Decision Appliance. This complete, highlysimplified business intelligence solution, now available formidsize businesses, brings together platforms from HP and Microsoftto deliver the power of information to everyone in anorganization.
- Increase revenue and customer loyalty with the HP Business Data Warehouse Appliance, now available for midsizebusinesses, which includes preinstalled and preconfigured softwarein a single platform to leverage the power of real-time dataanalysis.
Manage cash andgain access to credit
HPFinancial Services, the company’s leasing and life cycle assetmanagement services division, is offering two financing options forbusinesses in the United States and Canada on HP equipment pricedbetween $1,500 and $250,000. The new financing option offers a zeropercent, 12-month lease with $1 purchase option or a zero percent,36-month lease with fair market value purchase option.
HP creates newpossibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people,businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technologycompany, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing,personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure at theconvergence of the cloud and connectivity, creating seamless,secure, context-aware experiences for a connected world. Moreinformation about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
(2) IDC WhitePaper sponsored by HP, “Improving the way branch offices compete,connect and control costs,” #227476, April 2011.
(3) IDC WhitePaper sponsored by HP, “Business risk and the midsize firm: whatcan be done to minimize disruptions?,” #223794, June 2010.
This news release containsforward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties andassumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or suchassumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidatedsubsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed orimplied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. Allstatements other than statements of historical fact are statementsthat could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but notlimited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives ofmanagement for future operations; any statements concerningexpected development, performance or market share relating toproducts and services; any statements regarding anticipatedoperational and financial results; any statements of expectation orbelief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of theforegoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions includemacroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitivepressures faced by HP’s businesses; the development and transitionof new products and services (and the enhancement of existingproducts and services) to meet customer needs and respond toemerging technological trends; the execution and performance ofcontracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; theachievement of expected operational and financial results; andother risks that are described in HP’s Quarterly Report on Form10-Q for the fiscal quarter ended April 30, 2011 and HP’s otherfilings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including butnot limited to HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal yearended October 31, 2010. HP assumes no obligation and does notintend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2011 Hewlett-PackardDevelopment Company, L.P. The information contained herein issubject to change without notice. The only warranties for HPproducts and services are set forth in the express warrantystatements accompanying such products and services. Nothing hereinshould be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HPshall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissionscontained herein.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.