HP Launches Retail Point of Sale System for SMBs
SYDNEY, Australia, July 17, 2009 – Hewlett-Packard (HP) today announced a new Retail Point of Sale (RPOS) system, designed to enhance the in-store experience, for Australian SMBs.
The HP rp3000 is designed to deliver an efficient and feature-packed solution for independent retailers and small- to mid-sized retail businesses. It enables retailers to organise their operations with an affordable and scalable POS system that readily and easily integrates into any retailer’s environment – from a single check-out counter to a multi-lane set-up.
“The HP rp3000 is a great addition to HP’s durable RPOS offerings in Australia. In a highly competitive retail industry, HP recognises that now, more than ever, independent and smaller retailers must focus on providing customers with the best in-store service to attract consumers and to sustain repeat spending,” said Tyerell Allen, Market Development Manager, Retail Point of Sale Systems, HP Australia.
With dual desktop PC and POS functionality, the HP rp3000 allows retailers to focus on their business and drive the in-store experience. It allows them to anticipate customer needs by tracking purchasing habits; to manage customer data; and to reduce customer wait times with quicker transactions and inventory management.
The HP rp3000 will be featured at this years’ Retail Expo to be held in Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre in August (www.retailtechexpo.com.au). It has a retail-hardened design and three-year lifecycle. It is encased in a steel chassis tested to withstand long-term wear in typically rugged retail environments. As a compact solution, the HP rp3000 maximises counter and desk space. It is a sleek POS system with a specially designed integration tray that can be mounted on top of or under a cabinet. It is also highly energy efficient, boasting an oversized cooling system to enable a longer lifecycle and uninterrupted uptime in busy retail outlets.
“This unit is particularly suited to the Australian market as it is built to withstand high temperatures of up to 40°C, compared to an average ambient 35°C environment for business PCs,” said Allen, “This means there’s no need for additional external cooling, which is important in a retail environment where the POS system often needs to be in operation 24/7.”
Retailers are able to customise the HP rp3000 based on their environment. HP peripherals for the HP rp3000 include a keyboard equipped with magnetic stripe reader; thermal receipt printer; cash drawer; customer display pole; touchscreen monitor; USB scanner; and integration tray. This allows retailers the ability to customise their POS solution based on their unique business needs – from convenience stores, boutiques, grocery store chains to coffee shops.
Key Benefits and FeaturesElevate the in-store experience
- The HP rp3000 allows retailers to anticipate customer needs by tracking purchasing habits or managing customer data with customised solutions available through HP’s ISV partners.
- Manage inventory quickly and accurately. The HP rp3000 reduces the time spent by retailers on managing records through the dual function of an affordable desktop PC and POS system.
- Featuring a barcode scanner, the HP rp3000 helps to reduce the time their customers spend waiting at the check-out with fast and accurate transactions.
- Scalability and expandability – as retailers grow, the HP rp3000 offers the ability to quickly and easily add new solutions or peripherals to meet demands.
Ease of use
- Featuring a dual-function desktop PC and POS solution, the HP rp3000 offers plug-and-play functionality and colour-coded I/O ports to simplify the set-up process for retailers.
- The HP rp3000 features serial and USB ports to help eliminate cable clutter for small retail spaces.
- Minimising clutter and maximising space, the HP rp3000 offers retailers an integration tray for easy consolidation of peripherals on the cash drawer or on the countertop, manages cable routing, and allows retailers to install the pole display and scanner off the countertop.
- Keeping security top-of-mind, the HP rp3000 delivers a lockable front cover and no front ports, which restricts tampering and ensures that data and receipts are secure.
Durable and reliable
- Tested to withstand long-term wear and tear in a rugged retail environment, the HP rp3000 features a steel chassis and extensive on-board monitoring to alert customers to any potential software/BIOS changes.
- Operates in an ambient 40°C environment.
Designed for the environment
- The HP rp3000 is the first POS terminal to use the energy-efficient Intel® Atom™ processor to minimise operation costs.
- Featuring an oversized cooling system, the HP rp3000 requires less energy to operate and saves retailers on energy costs.
Pricing and availability
The HP rp3000 Retail Point of Sale system will be available in Australia at a starting price of AUD$799.00
The complete HP rp3000 POS system is available for purchase now and can be bundled with the HP 15-inch touchscreen LCD monitor, cash drawer, thermal printer and magnetic stripe reader.
HP, the world’s largest technology company, simplifies the technology experience for consumers and businesses with a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at www.hp.com.au.
For further information or to speak with HP please contact email@example.com or call 02 9928 1530.
Burson-Marsteller Policy for Media Distribution
This is a text-only version of a press release that was recently released by Hewlett-Packard.
Burson-Marsteller's priority is to distribute news in the most accessible and convenient format for journalists to use. Please let us know if you do not wish to receive media releases in this fashion and we will happily fax, post or PDF the information to you in the future; or if you do NOT wish to receive media releases.
Should your address not be the most appropriate for media releases to be sent to, please reply to this email with the publication and correct email address for updating on our database.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.