HP Readies PCs for Windows 10
PALO ALTO, Calif., June 1, 2015 — HP today announced that its currently shipping portfolio of Windows-based PCs(1) are expected to be able to upgrade to Windows 10 when available on July 29, 2015.
“Working closely with Microsoft on Windows 10, we designed our 2015 portfolio of products to be ready for Windows 10,” said Mike Nash, vice president, portfolio strategy and customer experience, Personal Systems, HP. “As a result, customers who purchased or plan to buy a 2015 Windows PC from HP should have a smooth transition to Windows 10.”
Since HP did not know the exact ship date for Windows 10 when it designed its 2015 products, HP planned its entire 2015 portfolio to be Windows 10 ready. While HP will update the 2015 products to Windows 10 after it ships, HP PCs currently shipping with Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 are expected to upgrade to Windows 10. To make this an excellent experience, HP is working with both hardware component suppliers and Microsoft to have full coverage for drivers for Windows 10.
“HP’s collaboration and feedback during the Windows 10 planning process has been extremely valuable,” said Peter Han, VP Worldwide OEM Marketing, Microsoft. “We look forward to HP launching their new devices that will light up Windows 10 capabilities and provide new experiences to our joint customers around the world.”
The Path to Windows 10
Consumers who choose to purchase a PC before July 29, 2015 can upgrade to Windows 10 via support and services, including HP SmartFriend.(2) HP SmartFriend pairs customers with qualified HP SmartFriend technicians to run the complete upgrade process when it becomes available on July 29, 2015.
Additional details on how to reserve and receive upgrades are available at Windows.com
Windows 10-Enabled Devices
- Some examples of HP’s broad PC portfolio available for purchase today that are able to take advantage of Windows 10 features include:(3)
- HP Pavilion x360, HP ENVY x360 and the HP Spectre x360 convertible notebooks feature dual-array microphones optimized for Cortana(4) with voice control and naturally transition from notebook to tablet to tent to stand modes and back with Continuum.
- HP Pavilion, HP ENVY and HP OMEN notebooks also take advantage of Cortana(4) with their dual-array microphones and enhance gaming performance by streaming Xbox One games to the PC anywhere in the house.
- HP EliteBook 1020 Folio, the industry’s thinnest and lightest business-class notebook,(5) takes advantage of Cortana(2) and Skype for Business with its dual-array microphones, exclusive noise-cancelling software and HD webcam.
- HP EliteDesk 800 Desktop Mini PC, the world’s smallest business-class desktop,(6) works with HP BIOSphere to create a security-enhanced and highly managed device and high DPI scaling capabilities optimized for 4K resolution displays.
- HP Elite x2 10112-in-1 Windows device, featuring the industry-first WiGig enterprise wireless dock,(7) can easily go from the office desk to being mobile on the job site with Continuum.
- HP ZBook 14/15u is HP’s thinnest and lightest workstation Ultrabook™ devices – paired HP Z24s with creative professional inspired 4K Z Display delivers tremendous visual performance and enhanced productivity with the 4K display scaling capabilities of Windows 10.
(1) On eligible Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 devices.
(2) Free upgrade to Windows 10 when available from Microsoft for one year after Windows 10 availability. Feature availability may vary by region. May require additional hardware, drivers, software and/or BIOS update. Devices must be connected to the internet and have Windows Update enabled. ISP fees may apply. Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 Update required. Some editions are excluded: Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise, and Windows RT/RT 8.1.Please visit hp.com/go/windows10upgrade.
(3) HP SmartFriend is sold separately and will support notebook and desktop PCs with Windows®-based operating systems (Windows® XP SP3, Windows Vista®, Windows® 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10). Internet connection required for remote support and not included.
(4) Some advanced features including voice supported Cortana, inking, and Continuum require more advanced hardware. Cortana experience may vary by device. See [OEM website yet to come] and windows.com/windows10upgrade.
(5) Based on business class notebooks as of January 9, 2015 with >1 million unit annual sales having pre-installed encryption, authentication, malware protection and BIOS-level protection, passing MIL STD 810G tests, with optional docking incorporating power delivery.
(6) Based on business class desktop PCs as of February 24, 2015 with >5 million unit annual sales having 4th Gen Intel or AMD Pro series processors, Windows 7 Pro or Windows 8.1 Pro, and TPM.
(7) WiGig-compatible notebook or tablet must be positioned within 1.2 m (4 ft) and without obstruction in the line of sight of the wireless dock.
© 2015 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Microsoft and Windows are U.S registered trademark of the Microsoft group of companies.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of HP for future operations, including the separation transaction; the future performance of Hewlett-Packard Enterprise and HP Inc. if the separation is completed; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the need to address the many challenges facing HP’s businesses; the competitive pressures faced by HP’s businesses; risks associated with executing HP’s strategy, including the planned separation transaction, and plans for future operations and investments; the impact of macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the need to manage third-party suppliers and the distribution of HP’s products and services effectively; the protection of HP’s intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; risks associated with HP’s international operations; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its suppliers, customers, clients and partners; the hiring and retention of key employees; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the execution, timing and results of the separation transaction or restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost (including any possible disruption of HP’s business) and the anticipated benefits of implementing the separation transaction and restructuring plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2015, and HP’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
Ansprechpartner für Medien
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.