HP Enhances Security Mobility Printing Solutions for Enterprise Customers
PALO ALTO, Calif. — HP today announced the launch of the first near-field communications (NFC)(1) touch-to-authenticate(2) solution for enterprise customers, enabling end users to easily authenticate themselves with the simple touch of their NFC-enabled Android smartphone or tablet to an HP Enterprise LaserJet printer or MFP.
HP also announced new HP LaserJet devices—the HP Color LaserJet Enterprise MFP M680 series and the HP Color LaserJet Enterprise M651 series—that enable the groundbreaking and security-enhancing NFC touch-to-authenticate capabilities as well as NFC touch-to-print(2) and wireless direct(3) mobile printing options.
“As mobile device usage in the office continues to grow, many businesses are concerned with security,” said Pradeep Jotwani, senior vice president, LaserJet and Enterprise Solutions, HP. “HP continues to focus on the security needs of enterprise customers by delivering LaserJet devices and solutions that break new ground with touch-to-authenticate technology. By simplifying authentication for users, IT managers can better secure printer and MFP fleets without the concern of burdening users with a complicated authentication process.”
Industry-leading authentication and mobile print solutions
HP is helping customers adapt to the changing business landscape by updating HP Access Control and HP ePrint Enterprise with added capabilities that help increase office productivity while reducing infrastructure costs. Updates include:
- HP Access Control 14.0 allows enterprises to authenticate user login information by touching an NFC-enabled Android smartphone directly to the printer via NFC touch-to-authenticate technology. Customers can experience a simplified login process without sacrificing device or data security, or requiring a proximity card reader system.
- Updates to HP ePrint Enterprise 3.2(4) offer enhanced connectivity and security features for environments using mobile device management solutions. HP ePrint Enterprise is now fully integrated with MobileIron’s AppConnect ecosystem, a leading enterprise mobility management (EMM) platform that helps mobile users print content securely. In addition, the application now offers market-leading productivity enhancements based on the new touch-to-authenticate features.
HP enhances LaserJet portfolio for enterprise
Updates to HP’s business printing portfolio address the needs of IT managers to improve document workflows while maintaining security. Updates include multifunction and single-function devices with full enterprise capabilities, groundbreaking NFC touch-to-authenticate capabilities and mobile printing options.
The new HP Color LaserJet Enterprise MFP M680 series reaches print speeds of up to 45 pages per minute and delivers advanced paper handling and finishing options. The HP M680 series is designed to increase office productivity by giving users the ability to print, copy, scan, fax and use other functions directly from the printer’s 8-inch color touch screen panel. Each device in the series is equipped with full enterprise capabilities and can be easily managed and scaled with HP FutureSmart 3.0 firmware, Open Extensibility Platform, Universal Print Driver(5) and Web Jetadmin.(6) For customers with intensive document workflows, the HP M680 series includes the HP Color LaserJet Enterprise MFP M680z, which is fully equipped with a 900-sheet paper tray, three-bin stapling mailbox and integrated keyboard for greater ease of use.
Additionally, the HP Color LaserJet Enterprise Flow MFP M680, a Flow bundle, offers a robust set of features including single-pass two-sided scanning, access to the cloud, HP EveryPage technology and advanced sending and sharing options.
The HP Color LaserJet Enterprise M651 series are single-function printers that complement the HP Color LaserJet Enterprise MFP M680 series devices. They provide simple wireless printing from smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices including wireless direct, HP ePrint(7) and HP AirPrint.(8) The HP M651 series brings reliability and efficiency to the enterprise with print speeds of up to 45 pages per minute, extensive paper-handling options for up to 3,100 pages and minimal office disruption with the device’s built-in acoustic noise reduction technology. These devices provide advanced security measures to help IT managers protect their enterprise organization’s confidential information and promotes further ease of use with a 4.3-inch color touchscreen panel and easy access USB that gives users the ability to manage data directly at the device.
Additional information about these new HP imaging and printing offerings is available at www.hp.com/go/mfp.
(1) NFC technology is a set of standards for smartphones and similar devices to establish radio communication with each other by touching them together or bringing them into close proximity. Touch-to-print technology requires an optional accessory in order to enable NFC functionality on HP devices.
(2) Touch-to-authenticate functionality requires additional options including HP Web Jetadmin, HP Access Control and the HP JetDirect 2800w for FutureSmart Fleet mobile printing accessory. The HP JetDirect 2800w for FutureSmart Fleet is compatible with any HP FutureSmart-enabled printer or MFP.
(3) Mobile device must be wireless-enabled. Printer must be HP ePrint-enabled. Feature may require driver or apps, available for download at www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.
(4) HP ePrint Enterprise requires HP ePrint Enterprise server software. App-based option requires Internet- and email-capable BlackBerry smartphone OS 4.5 or newer; iPhone® 3G or newer, iPad® and iPod Touch® (2nd gen) devices running iOS 4.2 or later; or Android® devices running version 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, with separately purchased wireless Internet service and the HP ePrint Enterprise app. Email-based option requires any email capable device and authorized email address. Solution works with PCL5/6, PCL3, and PCL3GUI printers (HP and non-HP).
(5) The HP Universal Print Driver is free and can be downloaded at www.hp.com/go/upd.
(6) HP Web Jetadmin is free and can be downloaded at www.hp.com/go/webjetadmin.
(7) Local printing requires mobile device and printer to be on the same network or have a direct wireless connection to printer. Wireless performance is dependent upon physical environment and distance from access point. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz operations only. Remote printing requires an internet connection to an HP web-connected printer. App or software and HP ePrint account registration may also be required. Wireless broadband use requires separately purchased service contract for mobile devices. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in a specific area. Additional information is available at www.hp.com/go/mobileprinting.
(8) Requires an internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any connected internet- and email-capable device. Requires HP Web Services Account Registration. Print times may vary. A list of supported documents and image types is available at http://www.hpconnected.com/. A list of additional solutions is available at http://www.hp.com/go/mobile-printing-solutions.
© 2014 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Contactos de medios
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.