HP Unveils World’s Fastest Desktop Color Printer, Celebrates 25th Anniversary of HP Deskjet Printers
PALO ALTO, Calif. — HP today announced the worldwide release of the new HP Officejet Pro X, the world’s fastest desktop printer as recognized by Guinness World Records.(1)
Designed to meet the demanding and unique needs of small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), the HP Officejet Pro X is revolutionizing business printing by increasing productivity, reducing costs and promoting the value of inkjet technology in the workplace.
Since the first HP Deskjet printer was introduced in 1988, HP has continued to innovate in the inkjet market with the HP Photosmart and HP Officejet brands, and has shipped nearly 600 million inkjet printers.(2)
HP also announced two new HP Officejet Pro printers, available this spring. The HP Officejet Pro 251dw Printer and HP Officejet Pro 276dw Multifunction Printer (MFP) provide professional, reliable printing for up to 50 percent lower cost per page than laser printers.(3) They also offer the ability to be easily integrated into existing IT infrastructures through enhanced manageability and workflow solutions.
“SMB customers constantly look for ways to save money and do more with less,” said Stephen Nigro, senior vice president, Inkjet and Printing Solutions and Graphics Solutions Business, Printing and Personal Systems Group, HP. “The new HP Officejet Pro X Series is an ideal solution that delivers professional printing at a faster rate(3) and cheaper cost (4) than laser printers, while generating significantly less waste.”
“As organizations continue to identify ways to increase productivity and reduce operating costs, the use of inkjets in the office will continue to grow,” said Zac Butcher, director, Digital Peripherals Solutions Consulting Service—Europe, InfoTrends. “We expect business inkjet devices to take a greater share of the office printing market, and anticipate that worldwide placements of business inkjet devices will grow from 14.7 million in 2011 to 18.9 million in 2016 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.2 percent.”
HP Officejet Pro X: Exceptional speed, quality, reliability, cost efficiency for SMBs
HP Officejet Pro X Series color printers and MFPs deliver up to twice the speed and half the printing cost compared with laser printers.(3)
Powered by HP PageWide Technology—the company’s next-generation inkjet platform—the HP Officejet Pro X Series can deliver high-quality professional documents at up to 70 pages per minute (ppm), making it the fastest desktop printer according to Guinness World Records.(1)
HP PageWide Technology delivers four colors of Original HP pigment ink at one time onto a moving sheet of paper. As the paper moves, the printhead remains stationary, allowing the HP Officejet Pro X Series to print quickly and quietly. The standard 500-sheet main paper tray lets SMBs save even more time with fewer printing interruptions.
The ENERGY STAR® qualified HP Officejet Pro X features energy- and waste-saving features and best-in-class supplies that continue HP’s commitment to improve the sustainability of office printing. HP 970 and 971 ink cartridges feature quick-drying, long-lasting pigment inks that offer highly durable, professional print quality, and feature optimized color mixing and paper interaction for high-speed printing.
The HP Officejet Pro X uses up to 50 percent less energy and HP 970 and 971ink cartridges create up to 50 percent less supplies waste than laser, while offering comparable quality.(5,6) Automatic two-sided printing on every model creates additional opportunities to save paper.
Celebrating 25 years of the HP Inkjet Printer
HP launched the HP Deskjet, the world’s first single-sheet inkjet printer in February 1988. Originally priced at $995, the first HP Deskjet featured an average speed of 2 ppm.(7) Today, HP’s inkjet portfolio has transformed into high-speed, lightweight printers with a multitude of features, including wireless web connectivity, cloud services and enterprise management solutions.
HP Officejet Pro 251dw Printer and HP Officejet Pro 276dw MFP
The HP Officejet Pro 251dw Printer and the HP Officejet Pro 276dw MFP, available later this spring, provide services unique to the medium-sized business with a smaller footprint. The new printers allow employees to replicate a headquarters experience in a remote, telecommuter or branch office.
Offering the same high-quality, professional documents for up to 50 percent lower cost per page than color laser,(4) the HP Officejet Pro series is outfitted with enterprise-ready manageability solutions, including HP Universal Print Drivers, HP Web Jetadmin software, HP Managed Print Services (MPS) and enterprise-ready solution enablement.
Pricing and availability
The HP Officejet Pro X Series is now shipping worldwide. Single-function models start at $449, and MFPs start at $649.(8)
The HP Officejet Pro 251dw Printer and the HP Officejet Pro 276dw MFP will be available worldwide later this spring.
(1) Guinness World Records title certified for fastest time to print 500 sheets by an office color desktop printer, April 2012. Record set on HP X551dw and X576dw models. Details at guinnessworldrecords.com. Record attempt supervised and verified by wirthconsulting.org. Test documents ISO 24734 from sample four-page category test file printed in fastest available color mode for all products. Competitive set includes laser and inkjet color desktop MFPs <$1,000 and printers <$800 as of March 2012.
(2) Number of shipments based on internal HP database results through 2012.
(3) Comparison based on manufacturers’ published specifications of fastest-available color mode (as of March 2012) and includes color laser MFPs <$1,000 and color laser printers <$800 available March 2012 based on market share as reported by IDC as of Q1 2012 and HP internal testing of printer in fastest available color mode (sample four-page category documents tested from ISO 24734). After first set of ISO test pages. Additional information is available at www.hp.com/go/printerclaims.
(4) Cost-per-page (CPP) claim is based on the majority of color laser printers less than US $300 and the majority of color laser MFPs less than US $500 as of September 2012, based on market share as reported by IDC as of Q2 2012. CPP comparisons for laser supplies are based on published specifications of the manufacturers’ highest-capacity cartridges available, as reported by Gap Intelligence. HP Officejet Pro CPP based on HP 950XL/951XL Ink Cartridges, estimated street price, published yield for color prints and continuous printing. Actual prices may vary. Actual yields may vary based on printer used, images printed and other factors. Additional information is available at www.hp.com/go/officejet.
(5) Majority of color laser printers <$800 and color laser MFPs <$1,000 as of August 2012. Energy use based on HP and HP-commissioned third-party testing. Actual cost and energy usage may vary. Additional information is available at www.hp.com/go/officejet.
(6) Compares weight of empty cartridge and packaging materials needed for 15,000 pages using highest-capacity cartridges of major in-class competitors’ color laser MFPs <$1,000 and color laser printers <$800 as of October 2012. Tested by Buyers Lab Inc. Additional information is available at www.hp.com/go/officejet.
(7) After first page. Additional information is available at www.hp.com/go/inkjetprinter.
(8) Estimated U.S. street prices. Actual prices may vary.
ENERGY STAR is a registered mark owned by the U.S. government.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance, market share or competitive performance relating to products and services; any statements regarding anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include macroeconomic and geopolitical trends and events; the competitive pressures faced by HP's businesses; the development and transition of new products and services and the enhancement of existing products and services to meet customer needs and respond to emerging technological trends; the execution and performance of contracts by HP and its customers, suppliers and partners; the protection of HP's intellectual property assets, including intellectual property licensed from third parties; integration and other risks associated with business combination and investment transactions; the hiring and retention of key employees; assumptions related to pension and other post-retirement costs and retirement programs; the execution, timing and results of restructuring plans, including estimates and assumptions related to the cost and the anticipated benefits of implementing those plans; the resolution of pending investigations, claims and disputes; and other risks that are described in HP's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended October 31, 2012. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
© 2013 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Contactos de medios
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions, and services, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© 2016 HP Inc. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP Inc. products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP Inc. shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.