HP Trade-In Program
Trade any product, any brand.
Trade-In for Government,
Health & Education
Terms and Conditions
Hewlett Packard's Trade-In for Government, Health, & Education Program through Market Velocity, Inc.
Trade-In for Government, Health & Education is a service provided to HP customers by Market Velocity, Inc. (MVI), an independent third party. Hewlett Packard (HP) is not involved in the transaction between Market Velocity and HP customers. Any and all transactions conducted on this site are solely the responsibility of Market Velocity and such visitors. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you hereby release HP and its respective directors, employees and agents from any disputes, claims, demands, and/or damages (actual or consequential) of every kind, whether known or unknown, arising out of, or relating to, your use of Market Velocity services, including, without limitation, uncompleted or completed transactions and any claims or disputes between you and Market Velocity.
The following terms and conditions apply to your use of the Market Velocity service sponsored by HP. If you have any questions please contact customer service. Market Velocity may amend this site at any time by posting the amended terms on this site. Terms are effective immediately upon posting. These terms and conditions may not be otherwise amended except in writing and signed by you and Market Velocity.
Trade-in proof-of-ownership requirements
The end-user and the HP authorized reseller (if the reseller is the Cash back Designee) must warrant that all trade-in equipment has been owned by the end-user for at least one year and has been used in the end-user's business in the previous year. Such equipment or the sale and shipment of such equipment must not violate any applicable laws, statutes, ordinances or regulations, including export laws. You are responsible for complying with any and all such laws. Any equipment you seek to sell using Market Velocity services: (1) shall not infringe on third-party intellectual property rights (including copyright, trademarks, patent, trade secrets or other proprietary rights; (2) shall not be counterfeit, stolen, or fraudulent.
- Only one cash back allowance may be claimed per new product purchase by either the end-user or the HP authorized reseller, but not both. The company accepting these program Terms and Conditions must be the one making the trade-in cash back claim and is the "cash back designee". The trade-in cash back check will be made out to the Cash back Designee, only.
- The Trade-In for Government, Health & Education program is available to US Public Sector customers (end-users and HP authorized resellers, only).
Combining with special pricing or other promotions
The Trade-In for Government, Health & Education program may be combined with special pricing and other HP promotions.
Program steps and timing
- Receive a trade-in value quote by providing basic information, including product type, manufacturer, model, condition, and your zip code as requested. Your trade-in value quote will be valid for 30 days.
- Complete, sign, and fax back your trade-in value quote to 770-925-9064.
- Use the most convenient purchasing option(s) to buy new HP products and fax your proof-of-purchase to 770-925-9064.
- Purchases of new equipment must be made either 30 days prior to or 30 days following the trade transaction date. The proof of purchase must be received within 30 days of the trade transaction date.
- Pack your product(s) safely and ship them to the address provided by MVI. MVI will provide a confirmation email when your trade-in arrives.
- Once your trade-in product has been received, the product condition validated, and your proof-of-purchase received, your cash back check will be mailed via U.S. Postal Service to the address designated in your transaction within 45 days. If you are a US Public Sector customer (end-user) who purchases from HP Direct and cannot accept a cash back check, your cash back check will be mailed to HP Direct to apply as a credit to your HP Direct account.
Trade-in pickup and delivery
- If applicable, Market Velocity strongly recommends that you back up your data and then erase the data from your trade-in product's hard drive. Any files or data left on your system may be accessible to others if the data is not erased. If requested, a Department of Defense data scrub can be administered for an additional fee of $15 per hard drive.
- The trade-in products must be located in the U.S.
- Customer must complete de-installation and prepare trade-in for shipment.
- If applicable when packaging your device, be sure to include your operating system software on CD or diskette, the Certificate of Authenticity, end-user license agreement, and manuals. If your system was originally shipped with a restore CD, each of the above items will be on the restore CD, and not packaged separately. Please include any documentation and accessories that originally was shipped with your device. These items could include: warranty cards, keyboard, mouse and connection cables. Failure to include these items will impact the value of your trade. If you do not have these items, please contact customer service for further assistance.
- Once your trade-in product is shipped, Market Velocity cannot, and does not guarantee, that it will be able to honor any request for return of the product and/or any data or information contained in such product.
Receipt and validation of trade-ins by MVI
- As the Trade-In for Government, Health & Education program states, Market Velocity will send you a trade-in cash back check for your product based on the used value it assigns to your product taking into account the product's present condition. You must state your trade-in product's condition accurately and to the best of your ability based on the guidelines posted on this site. Market Velocity will perform an inspection upon receipt of your product. If the product's condition differs materially from that which you described, Market Velocity reserves the right to re-price your trade-in value quote using the same condition parameters originally available to you.
- The trade-in products must be shipped within the timeframe as set forth above and must be "Complete". "Complete" means that the trade-in products will include, at a minimum, all hardware, software and component parts and copies of all applicable license(s) needed for the trade-in products to operate. If trade-in products are not delivered to MVI within the timeframe as set forth above, or are not delivered to MVI "Complete", MVI reserves the right to recalculate the trade-in cash back quote value or return the trade-in product, if possible. If the product is returned, the Cash back Designee will be responsible for any and all associated shipping costs.
- MVI's packing and shipping recommendations should be followed in order to avoid possible damage or loss. If you follow the packing guidelines and instructions, the product should arrive in the same condition as when it left your site. If the product is damaged during shipping and there is visible damage to the packing materials (box is dented, ripped, smashed, etc.), Market Velocity will take responsibility for resolving any claims with the courier. If the packing is in tact, but the product is not in the condition stated by you in the quote process, Market Velocity will contact you directly to discuss the product's condition and renegotiate the quote value. If your trade-in product(s) were received and through the inspection process, it was determined that the product condition was misrepresented by you, and there is no trade value, Market Velocity reserves the right to charge you a recycling fee for the disposition of this product. If the product can be returned to you, you will be responsible for any and all associated shipping costs.
- MVI shall not be responsible for the loss, safekeeping, or maintenance in confidence of any data resident on the trade-in products.
- The trade-in product number, model number, its configuration and condition must match what was provided to MVI according to the Program instructions. If they do not match, MVI reserves the right to recalculate the trade-in cash back quote value or return the trade-in product, if possible. If the product is returned, the Cash back Designee will be responsible for any and all associated shipping costs.
- The end-user and HP authorized reseller (if the reseller is the Cash back Designee) each warrants that the trade-in products are free of any liens or encumbrances, including third-party software which may not be transferred or for which royalties are due. The end-user and HP authorized reseller each shall indemnify MVI from all claims or losses sustained by MVI as a result of any breach of this warranty.
- Risk of loss for the trade-in products shall remain with the end-user or HP authorized reseller (as determined between end-user and HP authorized reseller) until delivery of the same to HP's designated carrier.
- The delivery of the trade-in products to HP's carrier shall be final and effective to transfer title of such products to MVI free and clear of all liens and other encumbrances.
- Title of the trade-in product passes at the earlier of either the Cash back Designee the trade-in cash back or HP's carrier has picked up the trade-in product.
Since the condition of your product helps to determine its value, you must accurately state your current product's condition. Market Velocity will perform an inspection upon receipt of your product to ensure its condition matches the stated condition. The three condition levels include:
- Excellent — the product is in excellent working condition and needs no refurbishment. The body of the product is clean (i.e., no smudges, ink marks, dents, stickers, or scratches).
- Good — the body of the product has only minor blemishes (i.e., smudges, ink marks, dents, stickers, or scratches). The product has no technical problems (i.e., it does not make noise, run slowly, is not missing pieces, etc.).
- Poor — the product has no major technical problems; it turns on and is in working condition; but has cosmetic defects.
MVI makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of all information that you receive in relation to your trade-in product. In the event of typographical errors, technical inaccuracies, or product pricing errors or omissions, MVI reserves the right to correct the error within seven (7) calendar days of the trade. If MVI corrects the error, MVI will provide you with the following options: (1) to proceed with the transaction based on the corrected information; or (2) to cancel your transaction, in which case MVI will promptly send the trade-in product back (if possible) or replace it with like product (i.e., similar make, model and condition).
Submitting false claims for program benefits will disqualify end-user's or HP authorized reseller's claim, make end-user or HP authorized reseller ineligible for future participation in HP promotional programs, and may subject end-user or HP authorized reseller to civil liability or criminal prosecution.
Program changes or termination
This program is subject to change or termination at any time, without notice, by Hewlett-Packard Company. All trade-in transactions are subject to the approval of Hewlett-Packard.
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH GEORGIA LAW, AND NO CONFLICT OF LAWS PROVISIONS OF ANY JURISDICTION WILL APPLY TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. BY CLICKING ON THE "I AGREE" BUTTON BELOW, YOU AGREE THAT ANY ACTION AT LAW OR IN EQUITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WILL BE FILED ONLY IN STATE OR FEDERAL COURT LOCATED IN ATLANTA, GEORGIA, AND YOU HEREBY IRREVOCABLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY CONSENT AND SUBMIT TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF SUCH COURTS OVER ANY SUIT, ACTION OR PROCEEDING ARISING OUT OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.