The HP Renew Program offers an extensive portfolio of quality remanufactured products as a complement to new HP products. Through an extensive process of remanufacturing and recertification,
HP Renew offers current, state of the art technology that is guaranteed to be the same quality and performance you would expect from new, and comes with the same original warranty as equivalent
- HP ProLiant DL100, DL300 and DL500 Series Servers
- HP ProLiant DL785 and DL980 Servers
- HP ProLiant ML Servers
- HP ProLiant server options
- HP Integrity Servers
- HP9000/PA-RISC Servers
- HP Superdome solutions and upgrades
- HP BladeSystem Integrity Server Blades
- HP BladeSystem Integrity Enclosures
- HP ProLiant BL Servers
- HP 3PAR Storage Systems
- HP Storage Enterprise Virtual Arrays (EVA)
- HP P4000 SAN Solutions
- HP X9000 Systems
- HP Storage Virtual Library Systems (VLS)
- HP Storage SAN Switches
- HP Storage Host Bus Adapters (HBA)
- HP Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- HP Storage D2D Backup Systems
- HP Storage MSL Tape Libraries
- HP Storage Blades
- HP Storage 2000 Modular Smart Arrays (MSA)
- HP Advanced Networking Products
- HP Essential Networking Products
- HP Value Networking Products
HP business PCs and printers are not included in the HP Renew portfolio. Visit HP Refurbished Business & Consumer PCs
or HP Refurbished Printing & Digital Imaging
to learn about additional HP refurbished products.
End View Product
Remanufactured products are models that have been returned to HP for a variety of reasons and then put through a rigorous refurbishment and testing process to bring them back to "same as new" condition and performance.
HP Renew products are not to be confused with "used" or "second-hand" products. Instead, HP Renew offers high quality products that are completely remanufactured and retested by HP. All HP Renew products are Factory-Certified to be fully functional with performance standards equal to their factory new counterparts. We even return it to its same-as-new warranty status. The benefit: Factory-Certified HP technology at a lower cost and performance equal to equivalent new products, backed by the original HP warranty.
HP Renew remanufactured products can originate from a variety of sources, including:
- Customer returns and cancelled orders—Fully-functional products that have left the HP warehouse and therefore can no longer be sold as new
- Demonstration and trial equipment—Products which have been provided to customers for demonstration purposes
- Factory or reseller overstocks—Items that are returned by HP Partners to make room for newer product lines
- Factory loaner equipment—Units that have been used for trade shows, customer events or solution centers and have been returned to HP
- Trade-in programs—Units customers have returned in order to upgrade to new HP technology
More than 80 percent of the inventory in the HP Renew Program is less than 12 months old, and often the latest technology becomes available through HP Renew shortly after its introduction. These are products that have, for one reason or another, left HP warehouses and can no longer be represented as new so they can be offered at a significantly lower cost.
Remanufactured HP products undergo a rigorous process in factories owned and managed by HP to completely restore them to their original factory condition and performance. Every product in the HP Renew portfolio is thoroughly tested to ensure that they meet the same stringent standards as new products and, once verified, they are backed by a same-as-new HP warranty. In addition, service and support options are equivalent to that offered with new HP products and the most current software revisions are installed.
See our factory processes in action by watching the HP Renew video
The distinction is not always obvious. HP Renew products are fully backed by HP warranty, and have been remanufactured to be equivalent to new product standards. They carry the same warranty and service options as new HP products.
On the other hand, refurbished or used equipment not purchased from HP or HP resellers may not be fully tested or certified to meet like-new standards. These products may not be backed by the full manufacturer's warranty.
HP Renew products are backed by the original HP limited warranty. In other words, there is no difference between the warranty offered for a new HP product and the equivalent HP Renew product. The warranty of the HP Renew product starts with the date of purchase and refreshes the original warranty. It is important to note that this is not a remaining warranty policy.
All HP Renew products can have their warranties upgraded to accommodate Critical System Support, extended to 3Yr 24x7 or HP Care Packs. This means any support uplift that is available for new HP products is also available for HP Renew products.
Since products in the HP Renew portfolio are returned to HP from various sources, there are often concerns about data being removed before the products are resold. As part of the rigorous refurbishment process all HP Renew products go through, all returned drives are reformatted and retested. During this process every drive is wiped clean of any data and every disk is separately overwritten. The process is based on methods described in the National Industrial Security Program Operation Manual (US DoD 5220.22-M) of the US Department of Defense so you can be assured the most stringent standards are implemented.
Consider HP Renew if you or your customer can answer "yes" to any of the following questions:
- Do you face budget constraints, but you still want top-quality HP products backed by same-as-new warranty?
- Do you need to expand to the latest technology, but at your own pace?
- Do you want to cost-effectively maintain your current infrastructure?
- Do you want to purchase remanufactured solutions direct from a trusted manufacturer, rather than sourcing less attractive alternatives from brokers?
There are a number of things to keep in mind when you buy a remanufactured enterprise product. Here are a few tips:
- Buy directly from the manufacturer – Make sure your product has been remanufactured by the original manufacturer. Brokers looking to recoup losses may refurbish a product cheaply and resell it without an adequate warranty or return policy. Buying directly from HP or an authorized HP partner ensures that your product has been remanufactured and tested to meet stringent HP standards.
- Check the warranty – Does your seller guarantee the quality of its remanufactured products? HP Renew products are covered by the original HP warranty, which is equivalent to that offered with new products.
- Check the software, service and support options – Can the equipment be added to your service contract? Is the software legally licensed? Will the products come with the latest firmware and most current software revisions? Service and support options for HP Renew remanufactured enterprise products are equivalent to those offered with new HP products and the most current software revisions and firmware upgrades are installed.
For Enterprise Servers and Storage products:
- End-User customers who utilize any Enterprise Authorized Partner (EAP) and their associated distributors (Enterprise Channel Partners)
- End-User customers currently pre-qualified to buy direct from Hewlett-Packard utilizing their existing Purchase Agreement Discount (PAD) contract or Volume End-User (VEU) contract by means of any HP Customer Business Center or HP Inside Sales Center
For HP ProLiant Servers, Commercial Storage, and HP Networking products:
- Any HP Partner with a signed Business Development Agreement (BDA) and appropriate addenda on file with HP
- End-User customers can purchase directly from a designated HP Partner
Visit the HP Renew product pages to view available remanufactured products. Check the Contact page
to find out how to contact an HP Renew Sales Representative for information on availability and pricing.
HP Renew is a great option for Public Sector customers, providing a solution to help satisfy limited IT budgets with thoroughly remanufactured HP products backed by same-as-new warranties, service and support. In addition, HP Renew enterprise server and storage products are available on HP Western States Contracting Alliance (WSCA) and Educational & Institutional Cooperative Purchasing (E&I) contracts at prices at least 15% to 30% below standard contract pricing. Click on the link below for additional information:
HP Renew and HP Financial Services (HPFS) are two separate organizations. Although HP Renew does partner with HPFS on remarketed leasing opportunities, HP Renew is the only organization sanctioned
to sell currently active remanufactured Enterprise Server, Storage, ProLiant, and HP Networking products. Eighty percent (80%) of the products in the HP Renew Program are less than one year old, whereas products offered by HPFS are generally older than 18 months and are no longer actively sold as part of the current HP product portfolio.
They are Technology Value Solutions. TVS is the remarketing division of the HP Financial Services organization.
TVS can come into play where older technologies are in demand, basically anything inactive on CPL and older than 18 months. These products will no longer be available through HP Renew and we will be happy to refer you to the appropriate TVS sales representative in such cases.
For Enterprise Servers and Storage products, visit the HP Inventory Today
web site for current availability on these products. This site also relays pertinent information about applicable promotions and specific availability conditions that may apply to any given product. As this site is globally oriented, it is important that you filter out other regions in order that you can see what, specifically, is available in your part of the world.
For HP ProLiant Servers, Commercial Storage, and HP Networking products, current inventory and pricing can be accessed at the HP Renew availability and pricing
page. To verify inventory and place an order, please contact your Renew Sales Representative
HP Renew routinely runs regular promotions and in some instances, one-off special offers, on a variety of HP Renew products. Visit the Promotions page
of the HP Renew website for current offers. Please contact your HP Renew Sales Representative
to learn more.
Use the following links to view the relevant contact details in your area: