HP MediaSmart Expander for TiVo®
Content starts here
About the HP MediaSmart Expander for TiVo®
- Expand your storage space by copying recorded TiVo® shows to your HP MediaSmart Server
- Save your TiVo® shows to your HP MediaSmart Server
- Enjoy watching your favorite recorded movies and TV shows on your TiVo® box, PC's or Macs
- Store more movies. Share more shows
- Compatible with HP MediaSmart Servers models EX490/EX495 or HP DataVault X510, earlier models are not compatible
- TiVo® DVR Series II, Series III, TiVo® Premier and free TiVo® desktop software
- TiVo® service is required for the TiVo® DVR to function and is sold separately
- TiVo® service and payment are subject to the terms and conditions available at http://www.tivo.com
- TiVo® service is accessed through a standard telephone line or broadband connection
- In some areas, local and long-distance toll charges may apply
- For Mac, Roxio Toast TiVoToGo is required, see website for details - http://roxiocentral.roxio.com/enu/offers/toast/toast-tivo.html?tla=r_tivo
- TiVo® MAK (Media Access Key): The HP MediaSmart Expander for TiVo® only supports 1 MAK. If you have multiple TiVo® accounts with multiple MAKs you will only be able to use 1 MAK. (the MAK is per account, so normally if you had 3 TiVo® DVRs, you would still only have 1 MAK)
- TiVo® service available in United States and Canada
- HP MediaSmart Server, PC’s, Mac® and TiVo® DVR must be on the same network
Install the Add-in
- Download the HP MediaSmart Extender for TiVo® add-in HERE.
- Navigate to the \\software\add-ins shared folder on your server.
- Copy the .msi file you downloaded to the Add-ins folder. Close the folder when you are done.
- At the PC, double-click the Windows Home Server icon in the system tray and log on.At the Mac, select Launch Home Server Console from the Server menu .
- Click Settings in the upper right corner of the Console.
- Click Add-ins in the left menu.
- Click the Available tab.
- Click Install to install the add-in.
- Click OK on the Installation succeeded dialog box to restart the console.
- For additional information, see Add-ins in the Windows Home Server help.
Trademark Attribution: TiVo® and the TiVo® logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of TiVo® Inc. or its subsidiaries worldwide.